Gun That Shoots 1 Million Rounds A Minute

Post all jokes/ quizzes/ teasers/ 'identify this' type of posts here
danish21
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Gun That Shoots 1 Million Rounds A Minute

Post by danish21 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:24 am

This is a demonstration of the fastest gun in the world, imagine a gun that can shoot 1,000,000 rounds per minute.

http://www.kahsoon.com/2006/10/13/gun-t ... -a-minute/

Danish

For Advertising mail webmaster
hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Gun That Shoots 1 Million Rounds A Minute

Post by hamiclar01 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:48 am

hmmmm, interesting video, but dissappointing. i'd expected something like an ultrarapid fire , Doom style, BFG. However,the gun in the video seems to be made of a couple of barrels shooting together, not really gatling style , but close....do correct me if i'm wrong.

come to think of it, an average spitfire mark 1A had eight rapid fire browning .303s in the wings, shooting 152 rounds per second...which totals up to 72,960 rounds per minute. and this was late 1930s. :?

part two of the video , showing the detruction wrought, reminded me that 72960 rpm of .303s, shot over a seventeen second burst, was still not enough to shoot down a me 109...so the later spitfire versions had only TWO .303s and TWO hispano canons , firing 20, and 25 rounds per second respectively (2700 rounds per minute)

i think i can feel the moderator's boot up my backside, :wink: asking to to b***** off and start another topic if i want to carry on. so, i think i'll do a vanishing act from here

anand
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:19 pm

Naah, I don't think you strayed off course. What's more the Spit is one of my all time favourites and I found that bit of information very interesting.

Mack The Knife

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:28 pm

HI Anand,
No boot, interesting vid though...Cant rightly surmise on the mecanism, looks like the barrel config is in a 'figure of eight'
Seeing that the strenght of the 'quackery' is growing, why dont we run a poll-'guns of the doctors, by speciality'?
Lets see?...
Best
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:23 pm

Seeing that the strenght of the 'quackery' is growing, why dont we run a poll-'guns of the doctors, by speciality'?
Was about to do that myself. Go ahead and do it. It should certainly disspell the commonly held notion that docs and guns don't mix.

Now back to the rapid fire discussion. ;)

Mack The Knife

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:18 pm

:D thanks Mack The Knife!

since i'm all chirpy now , i might add that an average firing sequence during a fast dogfight was usually not more than a three second burst at 300 yards( most RAF pilots had their guns zeroed at this distance, to get the maximum advantage of "shotgunning" their quarry). however, it was usually difficult to keep the enemy in the gunsight for this long, and most often the 109s were just peppered with ineffectual holes rather than being shot down. compared to this, the german slow firing canons , aimed well , punched huge holes....which led to the conversions from the eight brownings to the four guns.

conversely, herr messerschmidtt designed a sporty fighter with NO guns in the wings. so when reports of the eight gunned spits appeared, the germans hastily (and clumsily) added a pair of MG FFs on the wing, firing 9-10 rounds per second, in addition to the engine mounted MG 17s (1000 rounds per minute). not surprisingly, it was the slower firing wing mounted canon that was the actual teeth , the MG 17 being too light to be of much use.

as for the doc's guns poll.....i'm all for it, and starting a fresh topic. let's bring out the hakim harkishan lals and the hannibal lectors among us :wink: !

anand

p.s. another notorious fighter with eight (nose mounted this time!) rapid firing brownings was the f 86 sabrejet (yup...the same plane pakistanis revere) but that is another story
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

Pran
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by Pran » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:37 pm

Interesting.The arrangement of the barrels resembles a 7 segment display.Any idea why they chose the pattern?

Pran
"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it."

danish21
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by danish21 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:16 pm

this gun is best for skid shooting :mrgreen:

Danish

HSharief
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by HSharief » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:28 pm

I saw this on TV on some "Future weapons" show. This is not a "traditional" gun nor is the ammo. The ammo is stacked back to back in the barrel and "fired" using electrical pulse, which is what achieves this amazing speed. The ammo/cartridge doesn't have casing, primer, powder, bullet config. Simply put, it was just the bullet with powder "glued" to the back, when the electrical pulse hit the powder, the barrel and the bullet behind wd act as a "chamber" to discharge the bullet, then the pulse wd "move back" to the bullet behind and do the same and on and on. Imagine all barrels doing the same. The sound report is more like a "brrrr" instead of the rat-tat-tat or bang-bang-bang kind of a traditional machine gun.

They even had one with barrels stacked like :
xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx

Instead of the
xxxxxx
x____x
x____x
x____x
xxxxxx

that is shown in this video.

Here's my wisecrack ;), can I take this hunting ? Imagine a hunting gun where the barrel is the magazine, no "action", it'd be just like our current O/U or SxS with more than two shots. I can't wait...

vishosingh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vishosingh » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:04 pm

it is a gun by metal storm inc. if i am not mistaken.
they have also developed a hand gun that can fire 3 rounds before the recoil of the first one.
An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:24 pm

Hey Guys this is not a gun ,it is a machine to make a millioner turnd into begger in a minute.
lets Assume if the minimum cost of cartridge will be Rs 1.& he fire a one complete round,he will be left behind with i million empty shells,which he can sell & get sum money back.lolllllll
"Strength is not about how strong u can kick, it's about how strong the life is kicking u and u standup again to keep on going"

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:20 pm

The Australian company that has initiated this project Metalstorm Corporation has a website that can be accessed here. Several of their attempts at making small arms have not been successful so far. Stacking caseless bullets behind each other has proven problematic as far as accuracy is concerned because the bullets in front would be less stabilised than the ones behind which go through a slightly greater length of barrel. An interesting experiment and let's see where it goes in the years to come.