Import of springs from Wolff

This is the place for discussing gun care, custom work, repairs and ask related technical questions.
joydeepm
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Import of springs from Wolff

Post by joydeepm » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:49 pm

Hi guys ,

hope this post helps some people .

I had decided to get the springs on my Ashani upgraded and I am happy to declare that i have been able to successfully import the springs from Wolff thru normal post from Pennsylvania , US A.

3 mag springs and one main recoil spring cost 25 dollars plus 10 dollars shipping . The envelope had a bold marking on it - " MINOR PART FOR PISTOL/ REVOLVER " and another which read " SPRINGS FOR FIREARMS ". This is their policy and they wont change it . The consignment took 10 days to arrive and the Govt let it in without much ado ( thank god) .

Meanwhile the day after I placed the order I was worried sick and I called Abhijeet and penpusher to know if I have ended up on the wrong side of the law . Sukhwinder was very helpful indeed in sending me a link to a page which clearly mentions that springs are NOT controlled/ banned import items . Thanks Sukhwinder and now you can go ahead and import them yourself .

In fact , after my experience , maybe a few IFGians shall try it out .

:cheers:
If you want to shoot , shoot . Don't talk .....

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Import of springs from Wolff

Post by mundaire » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:23 pm

Joydeep, congratulations on a smooth import :)

FYI all - springs, screws, other similar small firearm parts are exempted from all provisions of the Arms Act and are also free to import as per the EXIM policy.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:23 pm

Joydeep,

Did they fit?

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:28 am

mundaire wrote:Joydeep, congratulations on a smooth import :)

FYI all - springs, screws, other similar small firearm parts are exempted from all provisions of the Arms Act and are also free to import as per the EXIM policy.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
A friend brought to my notice the fact that my post is not an accurate reflection of the law, pointing out the following links to me:

http://infodriveindia.com/HS-Codes/9305 ... stols.aspx

http://www.infodriveindia.com/HS-Codes/ ... ICLES.aspx

This led me to go and re-read the relevant part of the Arms Act. For those who would like to know more the relevant section is Section 45 (d) of the Arms Act, which I have reproduced below for everyone's convenience:
45. Act not to apply in certain cases.
Nothing in this Act shall apply to---

(d) the acquisition, possession or carrying by a person of minor parts of arms or ammunition which are not intended to be used with complementary parts acquired or possessed by that or any other person.
I am assuming that springs, screws and other such minor parts which are widely used in other applications would qualify under Section 45 (d) - i.e. they would not be treated as firearm parts at all and thus be allowed for import as articles of general use. However, it would seem my earlier post stating that they are specifically listed as free for import in the EXIM policy was incorrect AND if a customs official decides to do so, he could give you a hard time.

I regret the error and apologise for any confusion this may have created.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

james
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by james » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:44 pm

From the above it can be concluded that even importing Rubber grips for Pistol or Revolver is not allowed legally ,Kindly correct me if i am wrong. Regards James..

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:16 pm

joydeepm wrote:Hi guys ,

hope this post helps some people .

I had decided to get the springs on my Ashani upgraded and I am happy to declare that i have been able to successfully import the springs from Wolff thru normal post from Pennsylvania , US A.

3 mag springs and one main recoil spring cost 25 dollars plus 10 dollars shipping . The envelope had a bold marking on it - " MINOR PART FOR PISTOL/ REVOLVER " and another which read " SPRINGS FOR FIREARMS ". This is their policy and they wont change it . The consignment took 10 days to arrive and the Govt let it in without much ado ( thank god) .

Meanwhile the day after I placed the order I was worried sick and I called Abhijeet and penpusher to know if I have ended up on the wrong side of the law . Sukhwinder was very helpful indeed in sending me a link to a page which clearly mentions that springs are NOT controlled/ banned import items . Thanks Sukhwinder and now you can go ahead and import them yourself .

In fact , after my experience , maybe a few IFGians shall try it out .

:cheers:
Hi there!
> Pl. let me know - have you fitted the Wolff Spring in your weapon (air rifle I presume) and what is the result?
> Has it increased the fps, accuracy and over all performance of your weapon?
Cheers
Brihacharan

joydeepm
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by joydeepm » Sat May 01, 2010 12:36 am

No Guys ,

i have still not got around to get them fitted . Have been awfully busy for the last sixty days . Shall pay a visit to Bobby in the next 10 odd days to see if they fit .

Cheers

joydeepm
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by joydeepm » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:27 pm

The mag springs are in place and working fine ....

MDHASAN
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by MDHASAN » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:04 pm

joydeepm wrote:No Guys ,

i have still not got around to get them fitted . Have been awfully busy for the last sixty days . Shall pay a visit to Bobby in the next 10 odd days to see if they fit .

Cheers
who is bobby

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:12 pm

Probably he is referring to Bobby Sidhu of Peerless Firearms(http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=4740)
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992