Shaktiman's true colour

This is the place for discussing gun care, custom work, repairs and ask related technical questions.
ebenezer
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Shaktiman's true colour

Post by ebenezer » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:16 pm

This is what happens when you clean a shotgun barrel after firing Shaktimans.

http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd32 ... ure010.jpg
http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd32 ... ure011.jpg

Ebenezer

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Shaktiman's true colour

Post by mundaire » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:27 pm

You can expect similar results after using KF ammo... the filth is actually not an issue, it's the corrosive primers these chaps use. Unless you clean the gun after every shooting session, the corrosive primer residue will cause rust & eventually pitting.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Amit357
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Amit357 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:49 pm

Shaktiman just uses the worst GP and caps in the country,messed up a Baikal 16 bore O/U thanks to these Ctgs,i would rather refill my cartridges with Muzzle loader gun powder then uses shakiman ctgs,stay with IOF for any ammo they atleast make good Ctgs.I would disagree with mundaire regarding the filth after using KF ammo,just came back after shooting 50 KF no 6 and KF deluxe no 4,just used the soft brush and the chindi came out clean. :D

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:27 pm

Actually Shaktimans latest batch seems to be pretty good and powerful too.
A few who tried their 4.8 say they are really good.
/s/
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:45 pm

Amit357 wrote:I would disagree with mundaire regarding the filth after using KF ammo,just came back after shooting 50 KF no 6 and KF deluxe no 4,just used the soft brush and the chindi came out clean. :D
Those would be the new MAGIC cartridges.If you use the regular non MAGIC KF cartridges the gun barrel would be similarly filthy.
mundaire wrote:You can expect similar results after using KF ammo... the filth is actually not an issue, it's the corrosive primers these chaps use. Unless you clean the gun after every shooting session, the corrosive primer residue will cause rust & eventually pitting.

The best is just plain hot water.BTW the hygroscopic salts will cause rusting even under an oil film.

dsingh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by dsingh » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:02 pm

I have to fire shatiman slug I have 5 to 6 pieces but yes I have heard deluxe 4 no of KF are very powerful and accurate u have to clean ur gun after each firing session I did same but still I got rust on outer portion of gun may due to humity i put gun near the window but have no problem while firing the gun I have been told hot water is good for rifles but not for shotgun for cleaning please throw some light onit.

new1
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by new1 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:46 pm

please share a picture or link of shaktiman slug ...... reviews seem worst ...

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:28 pm

dsingh wrote:I have to fire shatiman slug I have 5 to 6 pieces but yes I have heard deluxe 4 no of KF are very powerful and accurate u have to clean ur gun after each firing session I did same but still I got rust on outer portion of gun may due to humity i put gun near the window but have no problem while firing the gun I have been told hot water is good for rifles but not for shotgun for cleaning please throw some light onit.
Rust on the outer portion of the gun has nothing to do with what kind of cartridge used - for that you need to enhance your maintenance on it.

/S/

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:30 pm

new1 wrote:please share a picture or link of shaktiman slug ...... reviews seem worst ...
Shaktiman slug actually seems to be pretty good.
/S/

Hammerhead
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Hammerhead » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:23 am

Amit357 wrote:
The best is just plain hot water.BTW the hygroscopic salts will cause rusting even under an oil film.
[/quote]

:agree:
Open up the barrel and run with warm soapy water , ammonia or window cleaner to get the gunk out and then good oil wash - Haji
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Bhargav
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Bhargav » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:05 am

ebenezer wrote:This is what happens when you clean a shotgun barrel after firing Shaktimans.

http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd32 ... ure010.jpg
http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd32 ... ure011.jpg

Ebenezer
links not working.. were the pics taken off ? :(