Fastest CP 88 in the world

This is the place for discussing gun care, custom work, repairs and ask related technical questions.
karizman
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Fastest CP 88 in the world

Post by karizman » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:02 am

I take great pride to announce a very succesful upgradation of Walther CP 88 air pistol.

As you all are aware that company announced best velocity for any CP 88 is upto 420 fps. The one I restored & upgraded recently is giving 750 fps as confirmed by a customer himself. I am anouncing it here because this member is very shy & reluctant to make a starting post & has promiced me to participate later in the discussion.

Few days back one of our very sincere member sent me for restoration & possible upgradation of a brand new CP 88 purchased at premium price from a dubius personality who happened to be very active selling his stuff. This brand new pistol was not shooting a pellet at all. Upon inspection I found all the original seals & hammer spring was replaced with cheap ( worth Rs. 2 only ) seals & hammer spring which were leaking & spring was too weak to make any impact. Now how this happened is anybody's guess. But for the people who don't know, generally these very original spares are sold as original spares to other gulible buyers or offered to buyer himself at very high cost afterwards.

Any way so I replaced everything to it's original status & made few more modifications. At my place pistol recorded spitting pellets in the range of 730 to 765 fps consistenly. Today I got a confirmation from the customer that he recorded 750 fps on 24th shot from CO2 sparklet & still going strong. He should be able to get upto 35-40 shots from one sparklet.

Dear CP88 owner, thank you very much for showing trust in my abilities & I hope not to have let you down.
Last edited by karizman on Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Zoo
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: Fastest CP 88 Restored & Upgraded

Post by Zoo » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:13 am

wow! Karizman, thats a great improvement over stock! Care to share your upgrades, I'm wishing my beretta 92 gets that powerful.

karizman
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by karizman » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:10 pm

Dear Zoo everyone is welcome to know the upgrades I carried out. You seem to be from same town. Why don't we discuss it in person? Just shoot me a pm.

rover12
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by rover12 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:24 pm

Karizman wrote "Few days back one of our very sincere member sent me for restoration & possible upgradation of a brand new CP 88 purchased at premium price from a dubius personality who happened to be very active selling his stuff".
Pray can you identify this dubious personality is he from our site? Just so that the rest of us don't get swindled too!

karizman
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by karizman » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:42 am

rover12 wrote:Karizman wrote "Few days back one of our very sincere member sent me for restoration & possible upgradation of a brand new CP 88 purchased at premium price from a dubius personality who happened to be very active selling his stuff".
Pray can you identify this dubious personality is he from our site? Just so that the rest of us don't get swindled too!
Dear Rover,

I can very much give the name of that personality, actually a whole bunch of minimum 5-6 people who have been conning other members along with instances of their cunningness but I want these cheated people to come forward & disclose the names of those who cheated them. Just because of niceness or silence of these sincere members these cons are still very much in business & many new members are still getting fooled.

Still I give a hint about their identity here. Two of them have been expelled from here long back but are still in touch other members through common friends, one of them is still active here & always gets in touch with new members through p.m.s as soon as they are enrolled, collects their contact details, visits them personally & forwards the same to other three people who are in the business of selling & consulting. This third person also keeps offering many a spring & CO2 tuning advices learned from other internet sites.

Anyway, my post is about the improvement over a stock air gun & I will not like to go any further on this topic of cheating here. I have given you hints & hope you all will be careful about dealing with these type of people.

The improvement was obtained after trying with many different combinations of hammer spring strengths, valve openings, valve spring tensions & very delicate alteration of pellet seating area. Initially I had targeted for max 550 fps but then I thought about very small enlargement at breech end, just where pellet enters barrel from magazine & it worked like a charm. So to confirm more on this experiment I will be doing more trials with my Crosman 357 & Gamo P80. Then only I will assured that it is repeatable.

Just a word of caution here about breech end enlarging. I managed to do it with a friend's CNC lathe & care full observation of the skirt / head dia of various popular pellets available. any attempt to do the same with hand tools may damage your barrel beyond repair.

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:02 am

Lovely achievement Karizman.
/s/
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

tirths
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by tirths » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:46 pm

wonder how you have programmed CNC to work on deliverable parts :shock:
Personality: MBTI>> INTJ
GUN: CFX, Titan, Longbow, B40, Cannon-65

karizman
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by karizman » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:08 am

Latest update by Cp88 owner. He tested the Walther CP88 on three different chronos & results were same. First 2-3 shots are zooming at 1050 fps & thereafter in the range of 750 to 850 fps. So far the best tune by me & will soon post about Crosman 357 & Gamo P80.

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Fastest CP 88 in the world

Post by dev » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:51 pm

the member who palmed this pistol off was none other than one gentleman called ai. He was banned due to his dubious practices long ago.
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

karizman
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by karizman » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:17 am

dev wrote:the member who palmed this pistol off was none other than one gentleman called ai. He was banned due to his dubious practices long ago.
Thanks Dev for announcing one of the name. I hope you must have figured out the other names as well. This will save many a new / old forumer from getting conned by them.

eternalme
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by eternalme » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:22 am

Karizman :-0
I had a talk with you the other day on phone and I didn't recall your portal name , damn now I recall......
I am yet to come back with the qustion of barrels , shit ashamed as no stupid lawer I know has any idea.
Though I have managed finance in range of 1 CR :-P

Regards
ll====lll lll====ll
lll Subs lll

Subal das
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Subal das » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:41 pm

great job karizman, was that Walther Cp88 with 4 inch barrel or with 6 inch.

I do have some plans to use it to start training in rapid fire, is it good idea in general??

I do not expect to get a license for .22 pistol in any visible future, so why not
"Loose lips sink ships"
"Curiosity kill the cat"

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:33 am

karizman wrote:
dev wrote:the member who palmed this pistol off was none other than one gentleman called ai. He was banned due to his dubious practices long ago.
Thanks Dev for announcing one of the name. I hope you must have figured out the other names as well. This will save many a new / old forumer from getting conned by them.
Hi Karizman,

I know that whole gang but the thing is that they can't get on our forum for one and there is no point in muck racking for the heck of it.

Karizman how did you boost the fps with just valve and o-ring changes/improvements. From what little I know of Co2 you need an inch of barrel length increase per 100 fps. My qb for instance does 650 +fps depending on the fill I manage and it has an almost 22inch long barrel. The valve is standard but the hammer spring is more powerful and the valve is ported to give the co2 a better flow. I was once trying to change the barrel length of my crosman 1008 pistol to increase the fps. Just couldn't finish the project somehow. The plastic frame was also a great obstacle. Would you give some tips on what else you did to reach 755 fps. That would make the pistol a very handy instrument.

Regards,

Dev

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

Zoo
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Zoo » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:07 pm

hi karizman,

whats the update on your Crosman 357 & Gamo P80 modifications? I am eagerly awaitin the results. Do let me know.

ven99
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by ven99 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:50 pm

hi karizman ,
after seeing this topic i feel cp 88 is a good weapon and as i am in germany and comming back on 27 planning
buy and carry this airpistol and desided to take a risk to mumbai airport
is this fastest in the world or i have to bring to to ur place again to get it done ...
regards
amreeth