CFX dieseling problem

This is the place for discussing gun care, custom work, repairs and ask related technical questions.
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: CFX dieseling problem

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:17 pm

Jeetesh,

Whilst not absolutely certain, I believe your use of light pellets may be the cause of your problem. There is little point in servicing the rifle if you go back to using the same pellets as the problem may reoccur.

I suggest you use a few of the Promagnums first to see if it gets rid of the dieselling. If the dieselling stops, switch to a pellet weighing 8.45 to 8.6 grains at the least. Obviously, this pellet should also be accurate and so you have a pellet selection process ahead of you. If the problem still persists, then I will service the rifle for you but do ensure that you bring along a new piston washer, breech seal and main-spring in the event any or all of these parts need to be changed.

I would not recommend pushing a pellet too far in as it will result in piston slam.

For Advertising mail webmaster
striker
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by striker » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:40 pm

Mack The Knife
placing two lighter pellets in the barrel for single firing reduce dieseiling?
The Two Pellets increases the pressure assuming that it doesnt struck in the barrel

cheers
sankar
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------99.9% of the World's Gunners are 100% SAFE.Please do not ruin their reputation by being stupid or using guns in violence!!

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:48 pm

Sankar,

I was thinking along the same lines yesterday but since Jeetesh has a 10.5 grain pellet, this wouldn't be needed.

To answer your question, I have shot two pellets simultaneously from my Indian made airgun and they did not get stuck in the barrel. Theoretically, loading two pellets should increase the pressure. Perhaps a bit too much and hence not recommended for prolonged use.

ai

Post by ai » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:01 pm

I don't know why, but judging from PCP demo videos (as in BSA), there are is a clear cut recommendation to avoid loading two pellets in the barrel, and the procedure to avoid doing so.

pkjeetesh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by pkjeetesh » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:44 pm

Mack The Knife...I used a series of P10 .177 pellets this morning and noticed that the dieseling has stopped...when I checked with GSmith ....they told me that even though both competition and P10 weigh almost the same and look similar... the P10 has tighter tolerances regarding weight and fit than competition...so the pellet selection worked...thanks a lot and stiker too...

tirths
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by tirths » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:52 pm

Why don't you post some pic of your royal? Which year it is manufactured?

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:03 pm

Here is an opportunity to make a video of taking apart a Gamo, tuning it and putting it back. Jeetesh, don't let the opportunity pass.

M.
pkjeetesh";p="58116 wrote:uh...oh!

pkjeetesh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by pkjeetesh » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:48 pm

Thirths...will post the pictures tonight...not too sure when it was manufactured...is there any way of telling...please let me know..

Fantum...the Gamo has recovered from the dieseling scare....operation, later...and it is difficult to get the doctor's (Mack The Knife) appointment...im not too sure if he would operate upon just for the heck of it...

striker
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by striker » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:55 pm

Jeetesh
the last 2 digit of the serial number entered on the barrel refers the manufactured year

cheers
sankar
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------99.9% of the World's Gunners are 100% SAFE.Please do not ruin their reputation by being stupid or using guns in violence!!

pkjeetesh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by pkjeetesh » Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:16 am

Thirths as promised here is a picture of my CFX Royal...year of manufacture is 2008...

yash3_great

Post by yash3_great » Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:57 am

Cannot see no picture!

pkjeetesh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by pkjeetesh » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:27 am

admin. may have removed it..it was too large...heres the resized picture..

marksman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by marksman » Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:14 pm

Pardon my ignorance, but please will someone explain what "dieseling" means. I possess a
Diana 52 Air Rifle and would want to be aware if this Dieseling ever happens to it.
Thanks
Marksman
Exercise in Logic:
Given that there are far more good guys than bad guys, what would happen if all good guys and all bad guys were armed???......Simple, isn't it ?---Jeff Cooper

"Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't
be any India because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our
women and breed a hardier race!"

pkjeetesh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by pkjeetesh » Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:50 pm

Marksman...a large amount of heat is generated when the piston compresses the air in the chamber ....this ignites any fuel (lubricants..oil mostly) present in the compression chamber....bad for piston seals and main springs...the RWS 52 is lubricated for life...do not introduce oil in the chamber...pellet selection should be made with care...please read all the earlier posts ....they apply to your gun as well...

marksman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by marksman » Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:16 pm

Thanks pkjeetesh,
I shall make a note of this. Fortunately I haven't ever tried to lubricate it from inside from the time it was bought i.e. sometime in 1993. I haven't shot through it either in last 6 years. Hope that won't cause any harm.
Marksman
Exercise in Logic:
Given that there are far more good guys than bad guys, what would happen if all good guys and all bad guys were armed???......Simple, isn't it ?---Jeff Cooper

"Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't
be any India because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our
women and breed a hardier race!"