CERAKOTE CERAMIC COAT, GRAPHITE BLACK

This is the place for discussing gun care, custom work, repairs and ask related technical questions.
james
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

CERAKOTE CERAMIC COAT, GRAPHITE BLACK

Post by james » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:56 pm

Had anyone used CERAKOTE CERAMIC COAT , GRAPHITE BLACK on firearms , any experience ,please share.....cheers . James

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mark
Veteran
Veteran

Re: CERAKOTE CERAMIC COAT, GRAPHITE BLACK

Post by Mark » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:12 am

I have used a material called KG Gunkote, with very good results.

Let me know if you would be interested in hearing about it.

Mark
"What if he had no knife? In that case he would not be a good bushman so there is no need to consider the possibility." H.A. Lindsay, 1947

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:54 am

Mark please post about it ,,all the members can get the info over it.
Thanks in advance.
Mark";p="47382 wrote: I have used a material called KG Gunkote, with very good results.

Let me know if you would be interested in hearing about it.

Mark
"Strength is not about how strong u can kick, it's about how strong the life is kicking u and u standup again to keep on going"

Mark
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mark » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:14 pm

This stuff: http://www.kgcoatings.com/

It is a little bit intensive a process, but unfortunately anything that is durable and looks nice is going to take a little effort.

First thing you need to do is sandblast the item lightly. The recommended abrasive is 120 grit Aluminum Oxide. It prepares the surface so the material won't flake off. The you apply the material, I sprayed it on with an airbrush and let set overnight. Then you bake it in the oven, let cool and you'll have a really nice looking, corrosion resistant, and exceptionally durable finish. The coating is 4-5 years old and the only area showing wear is right at the muzzle crown, where bullets come out at 4,000+ FPS.

Be patient, and I'll get some pictures up sometime.
"What if he had no knife? In that case he would not be a good bushman so there is no need to consider the possibility." H.A. Lindsay, 1947

vanlalthakima
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by vanlalthakima » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:39 am

Hi , I have seen the GRAPHITE BLACK finish during the CERAKOTE APPLICATOR TRAINING and it is extremely awesome.
CERAKOTE is finally here in India. Please feel free to check us out at http://www.vocationalskillacademy.in/cerakote.php
I hope this will be the beginning of a new and exciting chapter for all gun enthusiast in INDIA.