Removing paint from IOF Rifle

This is the place for discussing gun care, custom work, repairs and ask related technical questions.
art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Removing paint from IOF Rifle

Post by art_collector » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:07 pm

Hi,
Just wanted to know how can I remove the black paint on the 22 IOF Rifle. One way ofcourse is to have it buffed. But that is not possible at the moment. Any chemical in which I can dip and the black color sort of peels off/comes off.

AC

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:26 pm

art_collector";p="46902 wrote: Hi,
Just wanted to know how can I remove the black paint on the 22 IOF Rifle. One way ofcourse is to have it buffed. But that is not possible at the moment. Any chemical in which I can dip and the black color sort of peels off/comes off.

AC
Since it's just paint, any decent paint remover from a hardware store should do the trick. Just make sure you remove the stock from the action prior to applying the chemical. Also once the paint has been completely removed, rinse the gun thoroughly with acetone, then hot water and dry it properly.

HTH

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

penpusher

Re: Removing paint from IOF Rifle

Post by penpusher » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:59 am

If you do not wish to use paint remover,you can try thinner.It softens up the paint making it easier to remove.