sheridan 392

This is the place for discussing gun care, custom work, repairs and ask related technical questions.
shooter169
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

sheridan 392

Post by shooter169 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:53 am

Hello fellow members!
I'm new to this site. Just joined. I have a few air rifles- both Indian & Foreign.
I've a Benjamin Sheridan 392( 0.22 cal), pretty new. I'm would like to know about the care & maintenence of this air rifle. Like- where to oil & which lube to use. Pls enlighten me on this. Thank U.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:14 am

Shooter169

Welcome aboard, please check your posts, you had duplicate posts. I deleted the other one.

Best

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:45 am

Wellcome shooter169.
"Strength is not about how strong u can kick, it's about how strong the life is kicking u and u standup again to keep on going"

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:35 pm

shooter169";p="35932 wrote: Hello fellow members!
I'm new to this site. Just joined. I have a few air rifles- both Indian & Foreign.
I've a Benjamin Sheridan 392( 0.22 cal), pretty new. I'm would like to know about the care & maintenence of this air rifle. Like- where to oil & which lube to use. Pls enlighten me on this. Thank U.
Be very careful with the oil as normal gun oils will destroy the seals. Try to get some MAC1AIRGUNS secret sauce or the Crosman Pellgun oil. Failing all of the above use 2T oil, a synthetic oil which has no petroleum products or detergent in it.

Leave about two pumps in the rifle while storage. Don't pump the rifle more than eight times if the max is ten , no more than six times if the max is eight.

As usual protect the outer surface from rust.

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:25 pm

May I add to what Dev has advised, these air-rifles have relatively soft barrels - so DONT over clean the bore! Only clean the bore if the gun seems to loose accuracy and then, be very careful how you clean it. Avoid steel cleaning rods and if possible get yourself a polymer coated flexible metal pull through - like the one by Otis. Be extra careful not to damage the crown (at the muzzle end) of the barrel.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

shooter169
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: sheridan 392

Post by shooter169 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:06 pm

hello Thank U all. I wish to be in regular touch with U all, through this forum. It's a wonderful place to be. I missed this. Thank god I've found it - better late than never!
My concern is about oiling the 392. I've got Crossman Pellugoil, Molypaste & Otis bore cleaner. I just dont know what are all the parts I need to Oil. My cousin says - He has never oiled his Sheridan 0.20. He's owned it since 5 yrs. But he stays in US, where the humidity is low. I think the gun needs some kind of maintainence here in India, as the conditions are different.
I thank U all for ur response. Bye

Prabhath
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Prabhath » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:24 pm

Welcome aboard Shooter

hellfire_m16
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by hellfire_m16 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:59 pm

welcome
"Men are like steel, when they lose their temper they lose their worth."
-Chuck Norris

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:10 pm

Put a little light machine oil such as Singer, 3-in-1, etc. on a clean lint free piece of cloth and then wipe down the metal parts just before putting it away. Keep the oil off the stock.

If you can manage to get Ballistol oil then use that as it does not damage wood.

Use a pull through to clean the bore. See my posts here... http://www.indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?t=3053

Put a drop of moly oil on the hinge from time to time.

Check the owners manual or contact the manufacturer to get more information on internal lubrication.

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:53 pm

Hi,
For the o rings a drop of pellgun oil. Nothing else! Any other oil will destroy your o-ring seals. Actually use only that for everything. That's what Crosman recco's and in these pumpers less is definitely more.

Keep you rifle in a gun box which has loads of Silica gel packs. This has kept my Marlin Rust free for years.

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:14 am

Silica gel has been known to dry out o-rings over a period of time.

Mark
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mark » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:02 pm

Here is the owners manual for your gun:

http://crosman.com/2004/pdf/manualarchive/B392-OM1.pdf
"What if he had no knife? In that case he would not be a good bushman so there is no need to consider the possibility." H.A. Lindsay, 1947