this power mod for airgun is safe?

This is the place for discussing gun care, custom work, repairs and ask related technical questions.
airgunner97
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

this power mod for airgun is safe?

Post by airgunner97 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:10 pm

hi
i found a video on youtube where a guy puts toy gun cap and gunpowder in airgun and shoot it and this mod increased the power of his airgun.
well by this mod he just converted his airgun to a firearm but i think that working like cap and ball pistol which is obsolete pattern so its legal under section 45C of arms act.

i want to know this mod can damage the barrel means it explode or something cause i know these type of mods will break the spring of airgun i just want to know cause i'm curious.

see it yourself

For Advertising mail webmaster
Gunner_dh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: this power mod for airgun is safe?

Post by Gunner_dh » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:09 pm

Hi airgunner97

There are many such available modification available in net however none of them are recommended.
Consider these
1. Almost all the Indian made pistols are cheaply made hence poor in quality.
2. Even in absence of any obvious physical damage on exterior, internal piston seal will get damaged.
3. the combustion will result in formation of residue in the barrel as well as the action.
4. You may never know which shot will be the last shot of the pistol.
5. Indian laws regarding Arms are presided by the intent hence might find yourself in a coop.

In short do restrain.

Regards
dh

Sombit
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Sombit » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:23 pm

When there is an explosion between the two pellets in the closed barrel, by simple laws of physics it will push the pellets with equal and opposite force in opposite directions. Which means that while the first pellet is moving forward with increased velocity, the second pellet is getting pushed back towards the gun piston with equal force. It will just wreck your rifle.

Vimalkarur
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Vimalkarur » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:40 pm

There will be more heat generated by the explosion of the gun powder. This will quickly damage the breach bring and piston seal.