Trigger of BRNO Mod 2

This is the place for discussing gun care, custom work, repairs and ask related technical questions.
Pradyumna
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Trigger of BRNO Mod 2

Post by Pradyumna » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:57 pm

I have a 1972 model BRNO Mod 2.It is in excellent condition. But the trigger is a little hard which hampers the accuracy. Is there any way to get the trigger pressure lighter? Some say to detach the barrel from the stock & then adjust the screw given at the trigger assembly to make it lighter. I have not done it yet and seek advice from seniors. Thanks.

For Advertising mail webmaster
z375
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Trigger of BRNO Mod 2

Post by z375 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:53 am

You will need to make various tubular shims and drive out the 3mm transfer bar that sits under the sear on the underside of the action in order to do this and adjust the pre-load nut behind the trigger blade, if it is present on your Mod 2. Better still, would be to buy a Rifle Basix trigger or a Timney and be done with it. The CZ triggers are a real b**ch to work with and not for the faint-hearted!
"With solid bullets on heavy animals such as elephant, rhino and buffalo this power is quite apparent but is not so obvious as when soft-nose bullets are being used, say, lion, particularly when is a case of stopping a charge : the .404 will stop him all right, but will seldom crumple him quite so completely as will the .416" -- John Taylor, Big Game and Big Game Rifles, (Ch. IX)

marksman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by marksman » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:29 pm

I couldn't have agreed more with z375. I'd first look out for a gunsmith who's thoroughly in the knowledge of Brno trigger mechanism before attempting to have it altered or replaced. Although I doubt if there are any around. I achieved considerable success by turning the nut under the sear on my Brno model 2 although a slight initial take up does exist but can be felt only to a trained trigger finger.

Marksman

andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by andy_65_in » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:57 pm

login to http://www.rimfirecentral.com and see the Brno/CZ threads .They are good.In case you dont find a solution ask one,you will get the reply PRONTO-Its a very active forum.

Pradyumna
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Pradyumna » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:54 pm

Thanks brothers.. I will try. But I don't think I can handle the problem without the help of a good gunsmith.

andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by andy_65_in » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:46 am

Hi.

So some spare parts came in, however there were no screws you asked for.
I will have next batch probably in one month... and there should be those screws.
Meanwhile check out what i have for sale here http://www.gunsinternational.com/jojosvk-.cfm
or more is here: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?In ... rs=3855740

Best regards Jozef Pales

MSG FROM A CZECH CHAP I KNOW__FOR INFO OF ALL MEMBERS

andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by andy_65_in » Wed May 02, 2018 7:34 am

recieved my parts from joseph-prompt shipping,reasonable prices

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true