Broken Air Rifle Butt Repairs

This is the place for discussing gun care, custom work, repairs and ask related technical questions.
Deepak Malhotra
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Broken Air Rifle Butt Repairs

Post by Deepak Malhotra » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:17 pm

I have a Diana Mod. 35 , .22 air rifle whose gun butt has been broken. Is there any place in Mumbai that I could get the butt replaced.
The Original Butt has broken in 2 pieces and thus cannot be repaired.

I would be grateful for any assistance in this matter, as it is a beautiful piece handed down to be and is an heirloom.

Thanks in advance
Deepak

For Advertising mail webmaster
aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Broken Air Rifle Butt Repairs

Post by aadhaulya » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:10 pm

After joining the forum it would have been appropriate to introduce yourself in the introduction section. Normally people do that when ever they join a new group.

Atul

shifuhpanda
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by shifuhpanda » Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:26 pm

Air gun is best without butt

Sent from my C2305 using Tapatalk

Deepak Malhotra
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Deepak Malhotra » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:53 pm

Dear Atul,

I am sorry for not introducing myself and I am not too familiar with the site and as yet have not found the "introduction Section", but just to introduce myself , I am Capt. Deepak Malhotra , who was a Merchant Navy Captain and have recently retired (about a year back). Thus, now I have the time to try and get the 0.22 Air Rifle repaired. The air rifle is a sort of heirloom given to me by my Late father, who had the air rifle for about 30-40 years and I remember my father teaching me to shoot with this air rifle when I was about 10-12 yrs. old.

I have never previously joined any groups so I am not very conversant with the etiquette of "group" correspondence and i sincerely apologize for my ignorance.

If you could help me with my query it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Deepak Malhotra

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:51 pm

Dear Capt.

I think Aimco do sell only butt pieces.
You can mail them and also may get a reply.
Even if you get the butt , yet you have to take the action along with butt to a carpenter who will fix lower and side screw.
Since it is sentiment related , I will not insist you to sell the same any buy a new one till you decide.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............