Washer for Weihrauch HW 77

This is the place for discussing gun care, custom work, repairs and ask related technical questions.
aswincp
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Washer for Weihrauch HW 77

Post by aswincp » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:14 am

I own a Weihrauch HW 77 k (1989) spring action air rifle. It's pretty old and has rust spots on the barrel. Couple of days back I tried firing its .177 pellet and the pellet got stuck in the barrel. I have taken it to a local air rifle store here and the owner said he needs to install a new washer for the gun. Also, he said if it is some sort of O-ring or something, it'll be hard to get hold of and a bit costly, or else he will try to adjust with an indian washer. I did not really get what he said about that. Anyhow I have asked him to give a full service to my rifle and remove the stuck pellet as well! Can you guys tell me how much the washer will cost and also if original Weihrauch service kit can be purchased or, if the original itself might be required?

For Advertising mail webmaster
Lucky Luke
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: Washer for Weihrauch HW 77

Post by Lucky Luke » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:44 pm

Hi Aswin -

It would be easy to help you out if you tell us where you are from.

The easiest way out for you would be push the pellet out on your own, preferably using something non-mettalic to avoid damaging the inside of the barrel. Not having anything else you could use a narrow piece of bamboo.

After ejecting the pellet you could try another shot.

The only ' O ' Ring present on the 77 is on the cocking arm so it has nothing to do with the pellet getting stuck.

The parts you should be looking out for are the Piston seal and the breech seal. You could easily import these without any hassle at all .

Do not give it to any of the expert rifle store ' experts ' - you will be ruining a beautiful rifle.

I'm sure that an IFG member in your area shall help you out.

aswincp
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by aswincp » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:51 pm

Hey Lucky Luke,

I got the rifle serviced and it works fine now, still got rust spots all over my barrel. Another issue that came into notice is scope creep, was not expecting this. After couple of shots, the scope moves backwards along with the mount. There are 3 holes at the butt end of the barrel, but as my scope mounts dont have vertical screws I can't use that!

Also, I got myself H&N's Prazision Rundkugeln ball pellets as well. At around 15 yards the pellets are pretty accurate. I have not tried it for longer distances.

Here's my scope mounted. I have just marked the mounting position using a whitener once I zero-ed in. And you can see the 3 holes for vertical screws to keep the mount in place.

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:56 pm

If your base mount has 'holes' to anchor 'scope creep' ....then go for a scope mount that has 'built in' scope stop pins.
Suggest that a 'one piece mount' with built-in scope arrangement would solve this problem!
Good Luck!
Briha