Disassembling & Reassembling Precihole Air Rifle

This is the place for discussing gun care, custom work, repairs and ask related technical questions.
GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Disassembling & Reassembling Precihole Air Rifle

Post by GNV » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:34 pm

Thank You Atul and AnandNair

For Advertising mail webmaster
ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:25 pm

Wow GNV what an amazing amount of effort, patience and passion to record the process step by step and share with us. Kudos - friend, well done indeed! (y) :D

:cheers:
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:23 pm

GNV,
An excellent tutorial in dis-assembling the Preci AR!!!!
Great effort...but don't get me wrong.....
Why in the world does a Preci AR has to be disassembled in the first place....It comes factory tuned for optimum performance....
Sometimes it may even result in misalignment of critical parts....
Hope guys who are attempting it take care while reassemling :D
Great Job however :clap:
Briha

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:53 am

Thank You Kalyan.

Thank You Brihaji.

And Brihaji I can give a lot of reasons why someone would like to disassemble any air gun. The most basic reason is curiosity. To see the inside of his gun and understand how it works. A certain percentage of air gun shooters are not just shooters. They are airgun nuts. They want to understand how their gun functions, how it is designed how well it was manufactured how good or bad is the mfrs Q.C. They enjoy to fiddle with their guns at their OWN RISK as much as they enjoy shooting them. The best reason is necessity.
Any spring piston air rifle needs maintenance and Precihole AR is no exception. They are not maintenance free . People like you could drive to Precihole Factory, get their guns serviced and return home in a few hours.Or get their guns serviced by professional air gunsmiths in the big cities if they don't want to or don't have time to do it themselves. All Precihole AR owners don't live in big cities. I live in a small rural town in the state of Andhra Pradesh. In my state there is one Precihole dealer in the city of Vishakhapatnam and several dealers in the capital city Hyderabad who may or may not have servicing facilities for Precihole ARs. But both are overnight travel away. The other option is to send it to the Precihole factory. In this case it would take atleast three weeks to get my gun back. So people like me do the routine maintenance and parts replacements ourselves. While Piston seals, o Rings, Mainsprings, even Nitro Pistons are available with online shops like kovibazar.com all other parts are available from the Precihole factory itself. With net banking facilities available with all banks even I could get any part I want within 5 days. And I believe there are thousands of Precihole AR owners like me who do their own maintenance and there would be thousands more. After seeing my Precihole ARs atleast two dozen people purchacleased them for themselves in my town alone. Majority of them are Engineering Students. There are three Engineering Collages located around my town.

And Brihaji I recently upgraded one of my two ORIONS with a nitro piston purchased from kovibazar.com. You can see the problems I faced in my earlier post.

http://www.indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23382

So far I had to disassemble and clean that gun three times because the leaked oil is finding its way into the compression chamber and the gun starts dieseling. Now the oil leakage stopped after shooting some three hundred or so pellets but still there is some oil seepage.I hope it would stop soon.And once it stops completely then I can clean it lubricate it properly and shoot it for a long time without disassembling it.

I am a diehard fan of Precihole ARs. It is the best Indian made AR at present and it is making the other AR manufacturers to wake up and improve their products. The company is well managed and responds to their customers problems and do its best to resolve them. Their Rifle is well designed and better manufactured than the other Indian ARs. Its design is simple and straight forward. Even the trigger while effective and better than any other one finds in other Indian guns, it is not complicated and I don't find any possibility of misalignment in any parts of the gun while assembling it. It is a simple but good AR for field use.

But I don't understand the FACTORY TUNED AIR RIFLE bit. It is a well made production rifle only. Tuning is done to improve the performance of an air gun after it leaves the factory by the buyer or a third party. If the gun is manufactured so that it requires no further working on it to perform at its best then it is a gun which requires no tuning at all. They should stop calling their guns as factory tuned guns. If they want to call their guns as Factory Tuned Guns, then they should test each and every gun they produce before they send them to their dealers. They should shoot at least five pellets from each gun at a standard target at 10 mts and attach the target to the gun along with the details of the pellet used and chronograph results. And they should release only those guns whose performance conforms with preset parameters. In case of NX-100 series guns they should cycle their guns until the oil leakage completely stops and then only release them for sale. There is no point if one has to disassemble, clean and reassemble a FACTORY TUNED GUN several times until it stops leaking oil from its Nitro Piston and settles in.

Brihaji I didn't get you wrong. I have great respect for you. And I also respect Dr.Shirsit for his dedication to give Indian Air Gunner a Quality Air Gun. Something nobody ever bothered to do till now. Still I don't really understand faulty products/ products not yet perfected being released for sale.

Finally Brihaji don't get me wrong :lol:

Regards,

GNV

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:12 pm

Unread postby GNV » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:53 am
Thank You Brihaji.
And Brihaji I can give a lot of reasons why someone would like to disassemble any air gun. The most basic reason is curiosity. To see the inside of his gun and understand how it works. A certain percentage of air gun shooters are not just shooters. They are airgun nuts. They want to understand how their gun functions, how it is designed how well it was manufactured how good or bad is the mfrs Q.C. They enjoy to fiddle with their guns at their OWN RISK as much as they enjoy shooting them. The best reason is necessity

Well said GNV :clap:
I truly appreciate your sentiment (y)
2 wrongs make 1 right :lol: :lol: :lol:
Happy Shooting (y)
Briha

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:17 pm

Hi GNV,
On second thoughts "Factory Tuned" is truly a 'Misnomer'......
Agree with you 100% (y)
Briha

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:36 am

Dear GNV,
Nice informative post ,very helpful for PH owners.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:17 am

Thank You Basu and Brihaji

karnan
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by karnan » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:43 am

Dear GNV

Your detailed article with pics and diagrams is invaluable. Thank you

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:49 pm

You are welcome Karnan. I am happy that you found my post useful.
Regards,
GNV

M.C.Babu Reddy
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by M.C.Babu Reddy » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:52 pm

Thank you sir really very good job you have done. But one thing I want to know the spring in the trigger witch touches safety lever one end where goes the another end,that i want to know. Please explain. Thank you.

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:23 pm

The other end pushes the upper sear up to engage the piston when cocked.

Added in 1 hour 28 minutes 5 seconds:
I just saw that it was not shown in the trigger diagram.
It should be like shown in this photo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

najad
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by najad » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:23 pm

very informative post GNV :D

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:46 pm

Thank You

BenPachuau
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by BenPachuau » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:43 am

I break my spring plunger just as shown in the last picture and the other half stuck in the hole. So saddd :o I have had my rifle for just 2 months with absolutely no idea how to fix it. Could you kindly please help me out??