Disassembling & Reassembling Precihole Air Rifle

This is the place for discussing gun care, custom work, repairs and ask related technical questions.
brihadeeshkumarj
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Disassembling & Reassembling Precihole Air Rifle

Post by brihadeeshkumarj » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:59 am

GVN,
The information is like a encyclopedia. By the by, how to go about freeing the trigger of a SP50 Phoenix Air Pistol. The trigger on mine is hopelessly tight. I am totally unable to use the pistol.
Kindly advice.
Thanks in advance.
Brihadeesh Kumar J

It Is Better To be Hated For What You Are Than To be Loved For What You Are Not

For Advertising mail webmaster
sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:53 pm

2 months so the rifle is still in warranty , send it back. but if you have voided the warranty by disassembling the rifle, clear the hole of any broken parts by poking with something. contact precihole sports they will send you a new spring plunger for the cost of around rs 310. follow gnv 's post and then reassemble the trigger. the sear cannot be removed without taking out the spring and piston so only go ahead if you have a spring compressor. if only the plunger is the problem it will be no big deal , as it can be put inside by simply srewing in.

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:09 pm

BenPachuau wrote:I break my spring plunger just as shown in the last picture and the other half stuck in the hole. So saddd :o I have had my rifle for just 2 months with absolutely no idea how to fix it. Could you kindly please help me out??
It should not be a big problem. Insert some thing like a screw driver which fits tight in the plunger stuck in the hole and you can easily unscrew it.

Regards,
GNV

Added in 2 minutes 9 seconds:
brihadeeshkumarj wrote:GVN,
The information is like a encyclopedia. By the by, how to go about freeing the trigger of a SP50 Phoenix Air Pistol. The trigger on mine is hopelessly tight. I am totally unable to use the pistol.
Kindly advice.
Thanks in advance.
Sorry. I don't own a PH Pistol so I can't tell anything about it.

GNV

BenPachuau
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by BenPachuau » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:03 am

Hey guys,
I am very thankful to Sirs GNV and Sam 47 for your help. I can now remove the spring plunger so much easier than expected. As the replacement is not available in local dealer I contacted PH and they promptly reply with rate and now the replacement is on the way.

Happy shooting guys

bisamirik
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by bisamirik » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:53 am

Nice article sir, what about nx series ? And most important Q can I lub my nx series without disassembling ?

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:46 pm

Nx series also are basically the same as SX Series. Only difference is instead of a spring, Spring Guide and Piston as separate parts the Nitro Piston comes as a single unit and that much easier to service. It needs occasional lubrication of the piston skirt with moly paste as required only( may be every few thousand shots fired ). Trigger assembly of both SX and NX series is same. If you have a spring compressor you can remove the Nitro Piston without disassembling the trigger unit as explained in this post earlier.

Royal Gun House
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Royal Gun House » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:26 pm

Very Nice Information
Harvinder Singh
Prop. Royal Gun House
Arms & Ammunition Dealer
Jabalpur M.P. India

bisamirik
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by bisamirik » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:14 pm

(y)
GNV wrote:Nx series also are basically the same as SX Series. Only difference is instead of a spring, Spring Guide and Piston as separate parts the Nitro Piston comes as a single unit and that much easier to service. It needs occasional lubrication of the piston skirt with moly paste as required only( may be every few thousand shots fired ). Trigger assembly of both SX and NX series is same. If you have a spring compressor you can remove the Nitro Piston without disassembling the trigger unit as explained in this post earlier.

parminot
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by parminot » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:44 pm

Hi guys,
Got my precihole nx100 polaris 2 days back and I am very pleased but can anyone help me out with exactly after how many shots will it be consistent because till today its shooting is not upto my expectations and I am using gsmith flat head pellets.one more thing does the rear sight which is tightened by two allen bolts supposed to be loose because mine is loose even after tightening it with allen key's if its not supposed to be loose then I am going to add washers

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:27 pm

Dear Friend,

How can you expect to shoot accurately with a loose moving rear sight ?

Fix it first.

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:09 am

Even if the rear sight is in place , still it is not easy to shoot as per expectation so early.
You have to give time for breaking-in.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

anoop
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by anoop » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:58 pm

Dear GNV, thanks for all the knowledge and tips. Its going to be very helpful for all of us Precihole SX owners. Anoop

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:27 pm

great write up, I am lil amazed when you mentioned that cylinder was having pits. The assumption that may be its for Moly, i have my doubts and would like guru to comment as my understanding is that it should be ideally close to mirror finish as that we strived for when we tuned our IHP.

vivek16sep1969
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vivek16sep1969 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:50 pm

excellent job gnv....thanks for sharing
"Fast is fine but accuracy is everything......"
-Wyatt Earp

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:05 pm

I may be wrong but I think mirror finish of cylinder bore is not necessary for synthetic piston seal. The parachuting piston seal seals any irregularities effectively and a little moly retained on cylinder walls helps. But that is my opinion only. Mirror finish may be helpful with leather piston seals. I don't know and I am no guru.

GNV