WORKSHOP/ REPAIR MANUAL FOR IOF WEAPONS

This is the place for discussing gun care, custom work, repairs and ask related technical questions.
aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

WORKSHOP/ REPAIR MANUAL FOR IOF WEAPONS

Post by aadhaulya » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:47 pm

Dear Members,

I am looking for workshop/ repair manuals or Exploded views of IOF weapons. Through this forum I understand that no such manual exists. I have downloaded a 'Sauer 202' manual that I believe is similar to the IOF 30.06, though there are minor differences in disassemble of the rifle, that may be taken care of I think. To start with the first step is to remove the fore stock by unscrewing the sling bracket in the front end. The photograph may explain the difference.

In the SAUER 202 you have to unscrew the bolt of the sling and simply pull out the fore stock. In the IOF I suppose that it would work the same way though, the design of the bolt may be different. I would come to know only after I experiment.

Request that the experienced members could guide me to similar manuals for the IOF .22 revolver and the ashani pistol.

Regards

For Advertising mail webmaster
ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Re: WORKSHOP/ REPAIR MANUAL FOR IOF WEAPONS

Post by ckkalyan » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:33 am

Found some details on http://gunaccessory.com/32_IOF_Revolver/sketch.htm. More info on the site - hope this helps.

.32" IOF Revolver MK1

PART LIST
  • Barrel
    Axis Cylinder
    Cylinder
    Body
    Catch Barrel
    Screw Catch Barrel
    Grip
    Safety
    Cam Cylinder
    Lever Cam
    Screw Pin Fixing Barrel
    Nut Extractor
    Spring Extractor
    Extractor
    Striker Hammer
    Trigger
    Hammer
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:01 am

Thanks for finding it for me @ckkalyan.
I find that this is different from the .22 revolver, and the web site mentioned has a poor photocopy of the .22 revolver.
I think that it must be a copy of some revolver and I could get the manual for that original revolver. I have also read that the Ashani Pistol is similar to the the 'Colt hammer less 1903'. and a Berreta.

Regards

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:30 am

One problem with these parts drawings is that they don't show all of the parts. Another is that they are low resolution and don't reveal a lot of detail.

For the Ashani, it is a copy of the M1903 Browning designed Colt "Pocket Pistol." However, there were modifications of this pistol by Colt during its long production run, and without details, I can't say which Colt modifications were incorporated in the Ashani.

For the IOF .22 Revolver, it looks to be "smith & Wesson-ish" in design. The parts diagram doesn't show all of the parts, so I can't go into detail.

For the IOF .32 Revolver, The parts diagram does show something that resembles a Webley design. However, as this and other descriptions note, " he internal mechanism is very sturdy and durable, it is a part copy of the Webley and part copy of Smith & Wesson" and "The internal mechanism is somewhat like a crude copy of Smith-Wesson." Judging from the parts diagram, I would guess that the lockwork is more Webley that incorporates coil springs like a Smith & Wesson, as coil springs are cheaper to make.

It would certainly be nice if we could get a real breakdown of these weapons. Perhaps IOF is wary of some other manufacturer stealing valuable innovations and trade secrets. :-)
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:57 am

I think that the only solution would be to take the guns apart carefully and take photographs during the process and create your own manual.

Regards

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:42 pm

timmy wrote:Perhaps IOF is wary of some other manufacturer stealing valuable innovations and trade secrets. :-)
Nice timmy! ROTFL ROTFL
aadhaulya wrote:I think that the only solution would be to take the guns apart carefully and take photographs during the process and create your own manual. Regards
Or someone could do an RTI on why they do not share detailed owner's and repair manuals for these arms that they sell to civilians?

BTW the site that you saw this information is basically information from the original IOF website : http://ofbindia.gov.in/index.php - which again has very sketchy information on the things that matter - their products! Needs a lot of patient exploring to understand the site. Sorry - that is the best I could do!
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:44 pm

ckkalyan wrote:BTW the site that you saw this information is basically information from the original IOF website : http://ofbindia.gov.in/index.php - which again has very sketchy information on the things that matter - their products! Needs a lot of patient exploring to understand the site. Sorry - that is the best I could do!
ckkalyan,

Thank you again for the effort you put in for my sake. But I suppose that we have to live with what we have got.

Regards

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:54 am

IOF do not have any systematic drawings, one can tell by the product they make. if you ask for it under the RTI they will probably tell you that they are exempt from RTI as its state secret document on how to screw up good guns.
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:45 am

nagarifle wrote:IOF do not have any systematic drawings, one can tell by the product they make. if you ask for it under the RTI they will probably tell you that they are exempt from RTI as its state secret document on how to screw up good guns.
:agree: ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL

Walibaa
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Walibaa » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:35 pm

Making gun is only a big headache to them where will they have time to release manuals.
IMO you can ask some gunsmith who can assist you in dismantling them.
https://t.me/pump_upp

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:12 pm

Walibaa wrote:IMO you can ask some gunsmith who can assist you in dismantling them.
Problems are in finding a good reliable gunsmith in your city, and secondly these guys will not work in front of the gun owner or they feel they would loose their job, which is very limited in any case.

Atul

veeveeaar
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by veeveeaar » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:04 am

File an RTI petition, it will help you and many fellow Indians.

Chandan22
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Chandan22 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:49 pm

Hello,

For the ASHANI, I found it very similar to the Browning 1910. There is a series of e-books by Gerard Henrotin, about various weapons and their strip-down, in which Browning 1910 is one. For a quick strip down, there was only one difference, the ASHANI bush is held down by two knobs, while the browning one is screwed in place. That allowed me to break it down to the first level, clean etc.

I did not open up the receiver or firing assembly, so can't comment on the similiarities beyond this. There is also a youtube video which shows the stripping of an ASHANI.

Hope that helps..

~C

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:29 pm

Chandan22 wrote:Hello,
For the ASHANI, I found it very similar to the Browning 1910. There is a series of e-books by Gerard Henrotin, about various weapons and their strip-down, in which Browning 1910 is one. For a quick strip down, there was only one difference, the ASHANI bush is held down by two knobs, while the browning one is screwed in place. That allowed me to break it down to the first level, clean etc.
I did not open up the receiver or firing assembly, so can't comment on the similiarities beyond this. There is also a youtube video which shows the stripping of an ASHANI.
Hope that helps..
~C
Thanks Chandan, I will look it up.

Atul