DIY barrel lock ihp35

This is the place for discussing gun care, custom work, repairs and ask related technical questions.
abii
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

DIY barrel lock ihp35

Post by abii » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:55 am

hi, I m facing a problem with my 5 year old ihp. 22 air rifle(approx1500 shots). The barrel locking piece has worn out causing barrel droop and a slight leak. I'm thinking of replacing it by myself. I tried loosening the screw but it din't unscrew completely. Please somebody teach me how to replace it, the way to detach it and put back the a new one back. I would like to know if I could repair the current one and use it.
Thank you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For Advertising mail webmaster
brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: DIY barrel lock ihp35

Post by brihacharan » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:50 am

Hi abii,

> The problem is that the locking 'lug' has worn out - which means that this condition will cause improper locking of the barrel & also cause leakage, resulting in loss of velocity & possibly accuracy.

> The only way to rectify this is to contact IHP & get a new barrel locking lug + spring & screws ...and fit them.

> Go to IHP website and request them for these parts...they will oblige...
Good Luck!
Briha

abii
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by abii » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:07 am

Thank you very much Sir. Would you please brief me the procedure to change the lug because I tried hard to loosen the screw but it has stuck. I'm not sure about the mechanism inside and don't want to ruin the threading and all.

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:07 pm

abii wrote: Thank you very much Sir. Would you please brief me the procedure to change the lug because I tried hard to loosen the screw but it has stuck. I'm not sure about the mechanism inside and don't want to ruin the threading and all.
> If you have problems regarding loosening the screw - don't attempt it, you may end up damaging the mechanism...
> My advice would be - after acquiring the parts from IHP, take them to a gun mechanic attached to any arms dealer in your area & get it done...
Good Luck!
Briha