Cheap Scope- issues-Solutions

This is the place for discussing gun care, custom work, repairs and ask related technical questions.
brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Cheap Scope- issues-Solutions

Post by brihacharan » Tue May 20, 2014 10:13 am

kanwar76 wrote:
estousandy wrote:Dampa is ingenious indeed, but "Even the Dampa mount has a limited useful life as the rubber bushings tend to compress over time" can be an issue for heavier scopes with big-time use.

What is bigtime use? Do few thousands pellets fall n that category? Though I dd not face that problem but even if that problem is there, I don't think changing easily available o-rings is a big problem.
-Inder
Guys...Guys...Guys....
> I've said this before & I'll say it again....
> Any part, wigid, attachment et.al that form a part & parcel of any 'dynamic or reciprocating movement' mechanism is subject to this inevitable phenomena called "WEAR & TEAR"....
> So please bear in mind that such parts, wigid or attachment needs to be serviced, cleaned or replaced over a period of time to ensure both efficiency & effectiveness....
> The same applies to "O" Rings in scope mounts.... "Do You Get Me Steve"??????
(BTW- The last line was a famous sign off by the late & famous sports commentator & writer "Bobby Talyarkhan")
Briha

For Advertising mail webmaster
Gunner_dh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Gunner_dh » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:43 pm

Basu wrote:Some cheap scopes do have common problem.

1) After fow hundred shots , the objective lens get loose.
2) After every 60-70 shots ,one need to zero again.

If one buys such cheap scope , to make it working properly , one need to do following.

Just on arrival , use araldite on the periphery on the objective lens so the it sticks well with body of the scope. One needs to be very careful so that araldite does not touch the main part of lens and let it cure for 24 hours.

Turret is the big issue for cheap scopes ,with every shot it tend to unscrew itself and thus loosing zeroing.
In ordes to stop that ,one can take out the tunnet screw along with the spring. This spring can be replaced by harder spring or the spring can be pulled to increase its length so that when compressed , it retains more recoil power
This will stop the habitual unscrewing of tunnet.

Basu
Hi Basu da,

I just wanted to know if 3-7*28 Bushnell scope can be adjusted for 20 Ft range. I own one and find the grouping to be higher. Although elevation screw has been unscrewed to maximum.

Sent from my Micromax Q415 using Tapatalk

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:45 pm

you may have to use chip at the rear scope ring.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

Gunner_dh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Gunner_dh » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:52 pm

Yes, I was thinking on the same line however faced challange as the scope ring does not permit the same.

Sent from my Micromax Q415 using Tapatalk