My Custom Adjustable Cheek Piece

This is the place for discussing gun care, custom work, repairs and ask related technical questions.
sathya.sniper
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

My Custom Adjustable Cheek Piece

Post by sathya.sniper » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:39 pm

Hai members,
I mounted a center point scope in my IHP NAtional Air Rifle, But the issue was I could not get my head aligned with the scope when I rest my cheek on the stock.
So decided to make a adjustable cheek piece project, but first as a trial I decided to use a broken stock.
I have added some photos of my work, And a detailed procedure has been made a video in my youtube channel and the link is added below.
Please Share your views.

Regards.

Video Link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX2o7dhEGQA
Some snaps for the Work.

For Advertising mail webmaster
FN-Five-Seven
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: My Custom Adjustable Cheek Piece

Post by FN-Five-Seven » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:38 pm

Nice job .
Do you plan to drill holes in the aluminium pipes for slots ?

F-N-Five-Seven
It's okay , if you disagree with me .
I can't force you to be right .

sathya.sniper
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by sathya.sniper » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:47 pm

No i dint,
initially thought of drilling holes, but tested it by pulling it out and compressing it down, It was firm enough so left it without drilling.

bennedose
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by bennedose » Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:37 pm

Wow! Good job but it must have taken some patience and effort and alot of broken blades to saw off that thick wood using a fret-saw :shock:

I note you seem to have used M-seal for the aluminium-tube wood joint. I always feel Araldite is better

sathya.sniper
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by sathya.sniper » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:36 am

bennedose wrote:Wow! Good job but it must have taken some patience and effort and alot of broken blades to saw off that thick wood using a fret-saw :shock:

I note you seem to have used M-seal for the aluminium-tube wood joint. I always feel Araldite is better
Thanks.
I took 2 days to for finishing the cutting work alone, rest of the work dint take much time :wink: Broke lots of blades intially when i tried to turn the cut to a square. :)
You are right Araldite is better than IHP in fixing :agree: but, The hole was a bit bigger than the Aluminium pipe, so the pipe would be inclined if left free, so when using Araldite we can't hold it to be straight till Araldite fixes so filled M-Seal and then inserted the pipe into the hole . That was the reason for using M-seal.
Regards.