Co2 gun maintainence - Need advise

This is the place for discussing gun care, custom work, repairs and ask related technical questions.
Karanchuhg
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Co2 gun maintainence - Need advise

Post by Karanchuhg » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:43 pm

I recently bought dan wesson co2 bb revolver and need some guidance on maintainence

Reading through posts on the Internet most suggest to use pellgun oil on the co2 cylinder, however how often do I need to use it? With every new cylinder or just when I want to lubricate and what should be the frequency of this?

While I try to get pellgun oil, is there a substitute that can be used?

Also, the manual doesn't say to use anything on the co2 cylinder, in fact says to use a few drops of silicon oil on one of the bb's. what is silicon oil? Is it same as machine oil, singer oil and gun oil that is used to clean rifles? Also what's the frequency of using this? With every load of 6 bb's ?

Appreciate any additional help on this topic

Regards - Karan

For Advertising mail webmaster
dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Co2 gun maintainence - Need advise

Post by dev » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:08 pm

Hi,

Pellgun oil is silicone oil. Just get some from guys who service treadmills or photocopier machines. You need just a drop on top of the Co2 cylinder before you insert it in the air pistol. You can put a tiny bit on the seals to keep them pliant.
Don't use any other oil, specially that which is used on firearms. The harsh chemicals will destroy your seals.
Don't use silicone oil on metal. For that use ballistol, in fact ballistol could be used all over the air pistol.

Regards,

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

Karanchuhg
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Karanchuhg » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:29 pm

Thanks Dev, I have ordered crossman pellgun oil to be on the safe side.

Agree about silicon oil, I was a bit surprised on the mention of using silicon oil on the bb's since silicone oil is know to cause galing when used metal on metal

Hitesh Sahani
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Hitesh Sahani » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:11 pm

Hi, I hv a Walther p88 CO2 pistol. I took it after a period of 2 months. Took out the old CO2 cylinder and inserted a new one. On firing I saw that there was pressure for one shot and the second was about half pressure and for the third there was no pressure. Thinking that the new cylinder I had inserted just be a punctured one I took it out, and while doing so I saw a gush of gas come out. I inserted another cylinder and fired. But to my disappointment, there was no pressure at all.
I would like to request for advice upon what could have gone wrong. Also, what the best solution could be.
Kindly Help.

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:44 pm

try to tighten the CO2 cart. or feel for leakage
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

striker
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by striker » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:38 pm

2 possibility
the co2 catridge not screwed enough to form a leak free joint. or catridge is in full screw but gas escaping soon means the pin pierce area oring got damaged thus get leak.

Hitesh Sahani
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Hitesh Sahani » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:59 pm

Hi ! Thanks for responding. I fired the gun today and after 2 or 3 shots it picked up a lot of pressure. I noticed some white chalk like residue getting blown out during the first couple of shots. I assume that residue was what had got deposited and was blocking the gas from reaching the pellet chamber. Anyways, the pistol seems to be doing great now. Wl share any further change.
Again, thanks for yr suggestions.
Regds, HiTech