Cylinder Jamming trouble in .32 IOF revolver

This is the place for discussing gun care, custom work, repairs and ask related technical questions.
deepto21
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Cylinder Jamming trouble in .32 IOF revolver

Post by deepto21 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:13 am

Sir.
The same thing happened with my 0.32 IOF revolver.
The cracking of the bullet case is because of low quality of ammo.
Please buy rounds from a very reputed dealer only.
Thanks.
Last edited by deepto21 on Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Safarigent
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Safarigent » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:32 am

Deepto,
Please remove your display pic.
It might land you in trouble
To Excellence through Diligence.

sonuvecv
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by sonuvecv » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:28 am

TwoRivers wrote:Just going by the pictures, there's not much to add. A pierced primer indicates pressure too high, and/or a firing pin too long. The circumferential marks abaout a third from the bottom of the cases indicates a bulge in the cylinder, or abyssmally poor chambering. Spitting lead, the revolver is no timed properly. Split case, chamber too large/case too small, pressure too high. I would think that the revolver needs at least a new cylinder, and parts involved in the timing and rotation of the cylinder. Plus a new, or shortened firing pin. It's probably bent.

This could be one scenario. Long firing/defective ammo, primer is pierced and firing pin sticks in primer and does not retract, locking the cylinder from rotation.

when i dry fire it slowly chamber starts rotating and jammed after 4 to fire but when I tried to fire it fast chamber stops after 1 or fire itself,and the dent on primer was due to hitting of primer of every cartidge 2-3 times.As initially I was not aware the reason of misfiring.Yes Sir I agreed that this is irresponsible and a act of foolishness :stupid: but this is the reason dent are very deep.I am using K.F. S&W.L ammo manufactured in SEP2011
After loading and engaging safety catch ,cylinder of IOF.32 doesnot rotate,so I left 1 chamber next to firing pin empty but now I find that it leaves its place which may be very dangerous Please suggest,please help, suggest :( :?:

sonuvecv
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by sonuvecv » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:57 am

Dear Friends,
Kindly help suggest gunsmith near Gwalior,or Agra to whom i can give my revolver for repairing and what is the approx cost of repair,Sir i am a bit apprehensive in handing over my revolver for 2-3 day thinking they might change its part,is it possible, your guidence and help is solicitated

Regards
Digvijay singh Tomar