Need help to restore these AR

This is the place for discussing gun care, custom work, repairs and ask related technical questions.
only32owner
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Need help to restore these AR

Post by only32owner » Sat May 05, 2012 5:40 pm

Hi friends,
need some help here, I want to restore these to AR.
The one at the top is an IHP 35 in .22 cal, gifted to me by my father 20 years back.
The second one below is side lever in .22 cal, made in India, it has a marking ESA Model-, bought by me some 16 years back.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/859/001mks.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/837/002pgs.jpg/

Both these AR, were kept in one of our house, that was subject of litigation for last 10 years. So they were unattainded for about a decade. I managed to get them back few days back. :)
I want to restore them. Very sorry to say but DIY is not an option for me, to be honest I just have a screwdriver and and electricians pakkad at home to name as tools.
Friends I wish to get them reblued and change the washer spring etc. The stocks appears to be ok.
Kindly suggest,
Which parts to change?
What brand of spring, piston seal etc to be used that are easily available in Mumbai?
What kind of blueing to go for , from the gunsmith?
Apart from these ,any other suggestions are most welcome :)

Regards.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Ganesh TT
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Need help to restore these AR

Post by Ganesh TT » Sat May 05, 2012 5:45 pm

Bro....instead of so much of questions asked, better go to some best known gunsmith and rest he will take care.
Thanks

GANESH TT

Priyan
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Priyan » Sat May 05, 2012 5:49 pm

Stop using the term AR for air rifles, some might get confused with Arma Lite 15.
When I'll get to shoot a gun?

only32owner
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by only32owner » Sat May 05, 2012 5:58 pm

Priyan wrote:Stop using the term AR for air rifles, some might get confused with Arma Lite 15.
OK, Priyan Saar, whatever you wish :evil: :evil:
Henceforth, I'll do my level best to keep you out of confussion :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Enjoy yourself.

only32owner
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by only32owner » Sat May 05, 2012 6:07 pm

Ganesh TT wrote:Bro....instead of so much of questions asked, better go to some best known gunsmith and rest he will take care.
Hi Ganesh,
definetly I'll be getting it done by a gunsmith, that is what I meant when I said DIY is not an option for me.
But Bro.. just want to know which make of spring, washer, piston seal etc to use since there are many brands available.

Regards.

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Sat May 05, 2012 6:24 pm

I can help you out......I am in Mumbai......

M.
only32owner wrote:Hi friends,
need some help here, I want to restore these to AR.
The one at the top is an IHP 35 in .22 cal, gifted to me by my father 20 years back.
The second one below is side lever in .22 cal, made in India, it has a marking ESA Model-, bought by me some 16 years back.

[ Image ]
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/859/001mks.jpg/

[ Image ]
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/837/002pgs.jpg/

Both these AR, were kept in one of our house, that was subject of litigation for last 10 years. So they were unattainded for about a decade. I managed to get them back few days back. :)
I want to restore them. Very sorry to say but DIY is not an option for me, to be honest I just have a screwdriver and and electricians pakkad at home to name as tools.
Friends I wish to get them reblued and change the washer spring etc. The stocks appears to be ok.
Kindly suggest,
Which parts to change?
What brand of spring, piston seal etc to be used that are easily available in Mumbai?
What kind of blueing to go for , from the gunsmith?
Apart from these ,any other suggestions are most welcome :)

Regards.
As an example of overcoming adversity, Karoly Takacs has few peers. He was part of Hungary’s world champion pistol-shooting team in 1938, when an army grenade exploded, crippling his right hand. Ten years later, having taught himself to shoot with his left, he won two gold medals in the rapid-fire class.

Darr ke aage jeet hai

only32owner
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by only32owner » Sat May 05, 2012 8:38 pm

Hey FF,
thanks alot.
If possible kindly help me out with the brand name of sping. piston seal etc, that I should use.
Both of these air rifle are in .22 cal.
One is IHP 35B,
the other one's manufacturer I dont know but it has a stamp ESA model-

Regards.

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Sat May 05, 2012 9:56 pm

We will have to see the existing internals and see what to use as their replacements. The IHP should not be an issue but have honestly never heard of the ESA sidelever. Are you participating in the two upcoming matches ? Please do.

M.
only32owner wrote:Hey FF,
thanks alot.
If possible kindly help me out with the brand name of sping. piston seal etc, that I should use.
Both of these air rifle are in .22 cal.
One is IHP 35B,
the other one's manufacturer I dont know but it has a stamp ESA model-

Regards.
As an example of overcoming adversity, Karoly Takacs has few peers. He was part of Hungary’s world champion pistol-shooting team in 1938, when an army grenade exploded, crippling his right hand. Ten years later, having taught himself to shoot with his left, he won two gold medals in the rapid-fire class.

Darr ke aage jeet hai

only32owner
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by only32owner » Sat May 05, 2012 10:34 pm

Hey FF,
thanks again. I really feel bad for myself, loosing this apportunity to participate in these competition. But this is how life is, you get some and you loose some.Actually bad planning on my side.

Now coming back to the side lever, it is indeed an ESA Model-. But as I said, indian made bought 16 years back, kindly check the picture of marking. Posted below

[img][IMG]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/8837/005dmc.jpg[/img]

[/img]

May be its not in production, even the manufacturer closed down. You know the Indian senario about guns.
Now just on lighter note,
Is there any AR with side lever in production in India, if not then I have a classic with me :D :D

Happy to be an IFG'an, to find friends like you.

Regards.

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Sun May 06, 2012 12:41 am

IHP used to make a sidelever many, many years ago, but no Sidelevers made in India now.......

M.
only32owner wrote:Hey FF,
thanks again. I really feel bad for myself, loosing this apportunity to participate in these competition. But this is how life is, you get some and you loose some.Actually bad planning on my side.

Now coming back to the side lever, it is indeed an ESA Model-. But as I said, indian made bought 16 years back, kindly check the picture of marking. Posted below

[ Image ]]Image[/url] ]

May be its not in production, even the manufacturer closed down. You know the Indian senario about guns.
Now just on lighter note,
Is there any AR with side lever in production in India, if not then I have a classic with me :D :D

Happy to be an IFG'an, to find friends like you.

Regards.

Darr ke aage jeet hai

only32owner
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by only32owner » Sun May 06, 2012 1:15 am

thanks FF,
now I have a vintage 8) 8) 8)
You knowwhat, even now I tried few times, the fit a finish is awesome,
the vee notch at rear matches with the front post , without any hassels.
I can still remember 16 years back I paid arround 3500 for this,
its a keeper for sure.

Regards.

airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Mon May 07, 2012 6:49 pm

fantumfan2003 wrote:We will have to see the existing internals and see what to use as their replacements. The IHP should not be an issue but have honestly never heard of the ESA sidelever. Are you participating in the two upcoming matches ? Please do.

M.
[SNIP]
FF - both of his ARs are .22 cal - he shall need an .177 for OS 10m and if possible another with peep sights for PS 10m. Think PS converted to OS are not allowed nowadays in competitions.

only32owner - but that should not keep you away from the competitions. Savarkar club can loan you an IHP 25 for OS if you are a member and do not have one. Also check with them for PS fitting if you plan to participate therein. Good Luck. :cheers:
==
O Shea (character): Guns make you nervous ?
Charles Bronson: Guns or the users ? Idiots with guns make me nervous.
(Death Wish V)

only32owner
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by only32owner » Mon May 07, 2012 10:33 pm

Thanks AN,

Regards.