Fact or rumour? - FAO - Mark & Grumpy

This is the place for discussing gun care, custom work, repairs and ask related technical questions.
mshp360
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Fact or rumour? - FAO - Mark & Grumpy

Post by mshp360 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:22 am

I don't even know if this post is even still being viewed because of the length of time since the last post. I know Jeff Caselman personally. I was actually with him yesterday and saw a NEW air gun he is making and supposed to be testing this weekend. The machine guns he has are working, seen them personally. Not just gun, GUNS. He is a very intelligent, PRIVATE individual. I don't think he is interested in being contacted but I can ask if someone really wants info from him. His latest is one of the coolest I have seen and it LOOKS like it SHOULD work. He is an enthusiast. That is all. He does it because he loves it. Some of the comments on this website are just ignorant. If he says it works, it does. After making one and the best one in the world, he would not hurt his name by making plans for it that didn't work. He did tell me though that it took months to make them so maybe the people who want to make them are too impatient to take the time and use the skill it obviously takes to make these extravigant "weapons"

For Advertising mail webmaster
Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:40 am

mshp360

I think you have missed the entire context of the debate here. This question was posed by a journalist who sought expert or informed opinion prior to printing an article, a responsible action - you will agree. To reiterate the main reason for clarification was to allay any misplaced concern that air guns or machine gun can easily be made at home. All bureaucrats and anti gun lobbyists in India need is such examples and next thing Air guns are also on prohibited lists.

Nobody challenged Caselman’s ingenuity and ability to design and make guns. The members who posed questions and weighed in opinions are some of the “knowledgeable” members who made very conscientious remarks. Mehul, Mark et al had only requested documentary proof. If there is one available its great and by all means do post for review and feedback. No personal attack was made on the said gunsmith only doubts were raised about the air gun and process.

Neither is your post contradictory to earlier comments that its not an easy task to produce such a gun, it requires more than rudimentary skills and equipment to manufacture such a product. Its also not advisable for novices to tinker around with gas cylinders under high psi pressure, that can be fatal.

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing and we make sincere effort to provide accurate information and no pun was intended.

To summarize this website is meant for fellow shooters in India and gun enthusiasts’ and we all appreciate any guidance provided. In this regard do post often, share your knowledge/experience with air gunners on the forum.

Cheers