please give me tips for buying a 12bore double barrel

This is the place for discussing gun care, custom work, repairs and ask related technical questions.
mankotia
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

please give me tips for buying a 12bore double barrel

Post by mankotia » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:55 am

hello frnz , i am planning to buy a 12 bore double barrel please suggest me what aspects i should look into while buying it ..please reply
thanx

For Advertising mail webmaster
Hammerhead
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: please give me tips for buying a 12bore double barrel

Post by Hammerhead » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:57 am

Depending upon availabilities. Brand new or used one ?

I be looking for dings , chips ,cracks , smoothness , make , model , owner . usage , bore , repairs , breaks , upgrades , if you can't find any thing look at the trigger if worn out that means heavy wear and tear - Haji
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Mark
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mark » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:37 am

Mankotia,

Welcome to the forum!

If at all possible, it is usually a good investment to pay a gunsmith experienced in double barrel shotguns an inspection fee to look at it for you.

In addition, or if that is not possible, I would suggest downloading some gunsmithing books to familiarize yourself with them. One such book freely available on the internet is "Advanced Gunsmithing", here is a link to it:

http://sailontario.com/downloads/Advanc ... ithing.pdf

Another aged text that has information still pertinent is "The American Shotgun":

http://stevespages.com/zip/the_american ... 201910.zip

I hope that can help you.

Regards,

Mark
"What if he had no knife? In that case he would not be a good bushman so there is no need to consider the possibility." H.A. Lindsay, 1947

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:46 am

Mankotia: Some more information will help seniors to advice you better like you want to buy new Indian made or second hand imported one, whats your budget, whats your purpose for buying etc.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:22 am

If you are looking at buying a used shotgun (which will be the case if you are considering any imported or the discontinued Indian Ordnance shotguns), do check out the following - http://www.indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=458

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

mankotia
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by mankotia » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:42 pm

I HAVE TO BUY A BRAND NEW ,PLZ SUGGEST

mankotia
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by mankotia » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:50 pm

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXHUNTING IS BANNED IN INDIA. REFRAME YOUR QUESTION WITH REGARD TO SHOOTING LONG RANGE CLAYS. MOD.

Glock 25
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Glock 25 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:17 pm

mankotia wrote:hello frnz , i am planning to buy a 12 bore double barrel please suggest me what aspects i should look into while buying it ..please reply
thanx

If you want to purchase Indian 12 Bore Dbbl than, IOf Dbbl ( used if any avaliable). Gharidhari Lal & Sons( Grico) Munger., Visco Mandi(HP)
FIGHT FOR RIGHT UNTILL DEATH

zaheer.bakshi
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

12 bore DBBL Rifle information not available on IOF website

Post by zaheer.bakshi » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:45 pm

mankotia wrote:hello frnz , i am planning to buy a 12 bore double barrel please suggest me what aspects i should look into while buying it ..please reply
thanx
Hi guys,, please advise on 12 bore DBBL Rifle details on IOF website as I cannot find any info there. Want to gain more knowledge before getting it in hand.
thanks for help..

NitNeh2006
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by NitNeh2006 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:29 pm

you cannot get IOF DBBL in market now. generally they issue to Ex man whoi are willing to take up job in Security Services. they can sell the gun after the agrreement expires.

zaheer.bakshi
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by zaheer.bakshi » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:57 pm

I am almost close to get my dbbl license. I have 2 options.Both are in good condition as told. I haven't seen any of them but will be going to have a look soon. I would like to have expert advise which is more preferable. I have read most of the post related to this topic and my mind was set on Iof dbbl which is a good gun (cost and maintenance) where on the other hand imported gun factor which means more money and high maintenance. IOF would cost be 22000, Belgian price is not known yet.