Dremel Tools

This is the place for discussing gun care, custom work, repairs and ask related technical questions.
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Dremel Tools

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:44 pm

This is one purchase I have been putting off for quite some time now but would like to get one now.

Does anyone use the cordless Dremel Li-Ion tool? If so, I would like your feed back on this.

Actually, I would appreciate feedback on any of their models.

Also, grateful if you could recommend a reliable online store whose prices are competitive.

Thanks.

Mack The Knife

For Advertising mail webmaster
HSharief
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by HSharief » Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:15 am

Hi Rusty,

I don't have the Dremel brand nor a cordless one but I do have a Black and Decker RTX which is a rotary tool similar to a Dremel. I've used it for quite a few projects and I think its a must have for any tool-guy. I don't have much experience with the cordless rotary tools but I feel that the corded ones will have an advantage because of continous power supply. Especially in the case of rotary tools where you can get a "Flex-Shaft" and it'll be pretty handy then.

All the best.

Sharief

Mark
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Dremel Tools

Post by Mark » Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:47 am

Mack The Knife,

I'd recommend a corded version first as well. The only advantage the cordless one has, is if you are away from power. YOu can always get the cordless one second, and then you'll have a backup when the battery goes flat.

One of the handiest accessories for these is the little cut-off wheels, make sure you get an extra jar of them as they are as fragile as they are handy! The cordless ones do have value if you need to cut chain or rebar at the edge of a field somewhere.

At anyt rate, that is my 2 cents worth.
"What if he had no knife? In that case he would not be a good bushman so there is no need to consider the possibility." H.A. Lindsay, 1947

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:13 am

Thanks, Sharief and Mark.

Mark, what are cut-off wheels?

Mack The Knife

HSharief
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by HSharief » Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:23 am

Cut-off wheels or cutting wheels are thin disks that are used in Dremel or other rotary tools to cut thru stuff. Its a fine file on wheels if you will, to cut stuff up real fast. My fav is to cut screw heads into broken or worn off screw heads, I hope you know what I mean. Here's dremels site to give you an idea.

http://www.dremel.com/en-us/attachments ... m?H=188549

Google is your friend...;)

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:30 am

Corded.
Li on or whatever, when you need the juice, you need the juice.
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."