problem with .32 iof rev

This is the place for discussing gun care, custom work, repairs and ask related technical questions.
peterdk
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: problem with .32 iof rev

Post by peterdk » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:45 pm

msbabbar wrote::agree: bobby.
but something needs to be done.
atleast join NAGRI.
people out there are trying and GOD willingly they will succeed very soon.

-- Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:43 am --

anyways how to correct the flaw in the revolver in question
babbar.

you need to have a small ring made to put in front of the cylinder to take up the slack, thatshould make it firing again but please notice if the gun shoots lose again, you will be closer and closer to what bobby would consider a serius flaw.

best

peter
Life is to short for a low quality gun

For Advertising mail webmaster
Bespoke
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Bespoke » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:46 pm

Take it easy guys!we dont want another locked thread :mrgreen:

Peter is a well respected gunmaker in global double gun fraternity and was instrumental in revival of John Rigby &Co. London and is one of very few gunmakers with likes of Max Ern offering third rising bite actions.

Bobby is a fine gentleman and very pleasant to deal with.

I know few people who are very satisfied customers of both the gents.
“Bravery is believing in yourself, and that thing nobody can teach you.”

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:20 pm

Ok gentlemen.

The bottom line is IOF, in absence of any competition, is definitely producing substandard and overpriced guns. As for private manufacturers, unbelievably severe restrictions by the central government and often rapacity on their part have kept their products abysmally poor and unreceptive to qualitative and technical improvement .

This is beginning to get a bit personal so I STRONGLY URGE everyone to calm down before we have another locked thread.

Lets be objective and deal with Mr.babbars gun as originally intended.

Regards,
cc
He who can not think, is a fool; he who will not, a bigot; he who dare not - a slave!

bobbysidhu
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by bobbysidhu » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:22 pm

xl_target,it just seems as if you are pointing your finger at me and feels that i am responsible for all this ! if this is the case please be informed that i have nothing to do with IOF people and like others here i also have strong dislike for these%@##%^ But it is very surprising that you never read my post carefully and just jumped the gun,by mentioning corrupt bureaucrats etc i think thats what i had said( wrong man at the right job).

MSBABBAR,the gun in the picture is really good,and honestly i tried my level best to make it pop out of my workstation all this afternoon but have failed miserably :cry: so from somewhere a phrase came to my mind "beggers can't be choosers"!
please get your gun fixed before someone like me proposes it to be declared a national monument :lol: :lol:it has already started lot of debate.

thanks
bobby

-- Mon Apr 11, 2011 15:45 --

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:03 pm

Mr Sidhu, sir. I am absolutely NOT attacking you personally, just some of the statements that you have made in your post. Please remember that whether my statements are correct or not, they are just my opinion.
From what I have read about you here, on this forum, you have many satisfied customers and it is hard to argue with that.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

bobbysidhu
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by bobbysidhu » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:18 pm

xl_target,never mind sir its ok,it happens after all we all have right to put forward our views,BTW its nice that we are all concerned about the state of affairs in India specially related to guns.
regards
bobby

airguns
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by airguns » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:24 pm

Hello MsBabbar,

Here is my take, you have an IOF Revolver that misfires under certain circumstances. Without checking it personally it is impossible to pinpoint the problem, even if it could be done, I assume you don't have enough gunsmithing skills/tools to fix it yourself, based upon advice received from a forum.
A gunsmith has to fix your Revolver, period. 9 out of 10 Gunsmiths in India are not upto the mark, this is my opinion. So it will be hard to find a good one. Fortunately for you, Bobby has chimed in, it would be a good idea to use his services. I am not shilling for him, several people I know personally, have gotten quality work done from him. I did not use his services, though, as I was able to bring the part for my pistol from the US and it was DIY. You might check for other good gunsmiths too, if you so desire.

But if it was me, I would PM Bobby Sidhu and work out the logistics of getting the Revolver to him for checking. If you choose him for the repair, consider having him do a general overhaul/upgrade of your gun too, these IOF's are rough, have him improve the overall performance.

z375
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by z375 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:49 am

Lets dial it down a bit guys before this one goes to the trash bin, much like the 'Geoffery .375' thread. :?
@peter: Good Lord! I was laughing out loud in office after reading the 'trumpet' bit!! ROTFL
"With solid bullets on heavy animals such as elephant, rhino and buffalo this power is quite apparent but is not so obvious as when soft-nose bullets are being used, say, lion, particularly when is a case of stopping a charge : the .404 will stop him all right, but will seldom crumple him quite so completely as will the .416" -- John Taylor, Big Game and Big Game Rifles, (Ch. IX)

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:06 pm

msbabbar wrote::agree: the frame has stretched.even the color has changed may be due to the reason that it got heated up after so many rounds.
i'll post pics whwn i get time.
can we get a spare cylinder ??
and this is for the quality the iof provides us :deadhorse:
did you mean spare cylinder?you know the gun scene in india,so rude and difficult.my logical advise will be disown this gun at the earliest.i will not advise you to risk any further.

vijayshimla
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by vijayshimla » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:44 pm

I feel that owners of IOF revolvers should band together & file a suit against the Indian Ordnance Board for manufacturing dangerous weapons and thus putting lives of the users into harms way. That would be the only way to get these babus masquarading as weapon designers and manufacturers-to get into production some good and reliable weapons into hands of hapless public. Also a anti trust case should be filed to break the monopoly that they enjoy and which monopoly they exploit to maximum to supply shit load of weaponery and ammunition to Indian Public at exhorbitant rates.

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:19 pm

I feel that owners of IOF revolvers should band together & file a suit against the Indian Ordnance Board for manufacturing dangerous weapons and thus putting lives of the users into harms way.
It will be very difficult to prove this "minor" thing in court. Showing one or two or "few" such "instances" is not going to prove that IOF is manufacturing products of questionable quality. There is a saying in Hindi that says "Seedhi ungli say ghee nahi nikalta". Translated it would mean that you cannot take out clarified butter from a container by keeping your finger straight. Therefore we will have to prove something bigger than just this. Instead we should try to prove that Fundamental Rights and Acts of Parliament are getting violated.

In my opinion the import ban and IOF monopoly besides subverting RKBA which is a fundamental right under Articles 19 and 21, is also violating the Competition Act http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php ... 63#p129408
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:14 am

iof problem is never ending?

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:26 am

dr.jayakumar wrote:iof problem is never ending?
The IOF is not a problem ...its an affliction.
He who can not think, is a fool; he who will not, a bigot; he who dare not - a slave!

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:34 am

so grin and bearr it eh :lol:
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

BowMan
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by BowMan » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:52 pm

This is a common problem in some revolvers.

The reason is that a revolver works differently when fired in single action and double action.

When you manually cock the revolver (i.w. fire it in single action) the hammer goes all the way back and then strikes the cartridge.

As against this when you fire it without cocking (i.e. double action) the hammer travels a lesser distance backwards before hitting the primer.

You should get your revolver mainspring checked if it has slackened and it should solve the issue.