problem with .32 iof rev

This is the place for discussing gun care, custom work, repairs and ask related technical questions.
peterdk
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: problem with .32 iof rev

Post by peterdk » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:47 pm

Babbar

the coloration on the frame, if that is just around the forcing area then it is quite normal and can be seen on good quality revolvers as well, please post pictures as soon as you can, and i might be able to give you a quick guess about it, as i said it could be a quick fix and the gun can be made to shoot again.

CC
i am fairly new here, but this is something i have been shouting from the top of my loungs for quite a bit here, because i think your "gunmakers" are placing their clients in a dangerous posistion, with their attitude of money first, brains and talent a far second.
today i have asked the indian embassy about a permit to establish a forgin gunmaker business making sporting guns in india, with all the investments etc. that will follow, i have no high hopes about the answer, but i see that as the only way to make the gunmakers of india shape up and do right by their costumors, i even suggested that part of the factory would act as a private school for students that would then make the base for the new generation of indian gunmakers.

i allready have several investors that see this as an oppertunity to branch out and get a new and ripe market, for their products, but fear that the chanses are non excisting as of now :cry:

best

peter
Life is to short for a low quality gun

For Advertising mail webmaster
The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:23 pm

peterdk wrote:today i have asked the indian embassy about a permit to establish a forgin gunmaker business making sporting guns in india, with all the investments etc. that will follow, i have no high hopes about the answer, but i see that as the only way to make the gunmakers of india shape up and do right by their costumors, i even suggested that part of the factory would act as a private school for students that would then make the base for the new generation of indian gunmakers.
Good luck Peter, I really hope this comes through.

best,
Rp.
It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !

peterdk
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by peterdk » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:44 pm

doc

i doubt that anything will come from this, but i just had to do something.

i mean a whole subcontinent screaming for proffesionell help and nobody to pick up the torch and make a decent profit at the same time, very very strange, but i never shyed away from a oppertunity.

best

peter

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:24 pm

i doubt that anything will come from this, but i just had to do something.
Please do not expect any answer unless you do not give up and chase your application regularly(with the concerned Ministries). The pointless government restrictions and monopoly of IOF are already violating the The Competition Act, 2002 that was passed by Indian Parliament to bring about competition(http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php ... =0#p129400)
Last edited by goodboy_mentor on Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:26 pm

msbabbar wrote:.it misfires at 90 degree most of the times.i found out that the bullets move to and fro in the chamber when we change positions of the rev.does this happen with others also..
Could you be more specific? What do you mean by 90 degrees? Do you mean when holding it horizontally and firing at a target? ...or do you mean when pointing it straight up :shock:

The bullets move to and fro inside the chamber? Once again could you be more specific? Are you saying that the ammunition you are using does not fit the chamber in the cylinder.... that it is loose in the cylinder and moves around? Are you sure it is the correct ammunition for the revolver in question? What does it say on the box? What about the head-stamp?
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

msbabbar
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by msbabbar » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:02 am

90 degree i mean pointing straight up.
the ammo used is specifically meant for the same rev.wwhen the rev was new the ammo fitted snugly in the cylinder and now they move in the cylinder.

a few times there is difficulty in the automatic ejection the shells when i open the rev for reloading and it takes a lot of force especially after firing 25-30 cartridges continuously. can it be due to the reason that the cylinder gets heated up,but if it is so then the shells should come out easily as they will get more space.at tone time after say around 40 shots the shell got struck in the cylinder and dislodged only after the rev cooled.

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:48 am

sounds like metal heating up, as it seems to be expanding due to the heat when fired large number of shots without the revolver getting time to cool of, if that the case get a new one :cry:

could be wrong though 8)

any chance of clsoe shot pics of the shells? before and after?
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:26 pm

...one thing to note is what practical reason does one have to fire 90 degrees...er...straight up in the first place? ...that is...other than that wedding thingy.

Could it be also attributed to inadequate metal quality of the cylinder? Perhaps after many firings the cylinder bores have expanded...rather stretched along the thinnest area. Since from your description, you do have a unusually generous ammo quota on your license, that could probably bring out 'hidden' problems related to durability of Indian made guns.

regards,
cc
He who can not think, is a fool; he who will not, a bigot; he who dare not - a slave!

peterdk
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by peterdk » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:31 pm

which metal is these guns made of ?

best

peter

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:46 pm

peterdk wrote:which metal is these guns made of ?

best

peter
Not really sure about the revolver Peter, but if one kept a sharp eye on tenders being floated by the IOFB in national dailies, one would've noted that the Ashani pistol slide is to be made of BS970, EN9 1955 steel, heat treated to Brinell 220-280 before machining.

Presumably the revolver components would not be too different.

Regards,cc
He who can not think, is a fool; he who will not, a bigot; he who dare not - a slave!

peterdk
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by peterdk » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:51 pm

thanks CC

but as far as i can see the revolver is being forged where the pistol is machined, it could befun to know though

best

peter

grewal
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by grewal » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:59 pm

peterdk wrote:which metal is these guns made of ?
It is nowhere mentioned on the gun or anywhere on the gun manual but hope it is EN-19 or may be 4140.
Grewal

I'd rather be riding my bike and thinking bout god than sitting in a temple and thinking bout my bike

peterdk
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by peterdk » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:08 pm

if it is forged, it is not En-32 or 4140.
i am just curius to know as most of the gunmakers in india shy away when they are asked about that :)

best

peter

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:58 pm

peterdk wrote:if it is forged, it is not En-32 or 4140.
i am just curius to know as most of the gunmakers in india shy away when they are asked about that :)

best

peter
... In the past and perhaps even now private gunmakers touted 'Spanish steel' or 'imported steel' ...'imported' being vague enough to arouse suspicions of seamless pipes bought off the wholesale people....and imported as industrial tubing.

...as far as the Government ironmongery is concerned, their favorite pitch is "state of art" steel ....

peterdk
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by peterdk » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:16 pm

so we are back to the scrap iron and fairy dust part :lol:

best

peter