Engravers in India.

This is the place for discussing gun care, custom work, repairs and ask related technical questions.
penpusher

Post by penpusher » Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:28 pm

Abhijeet,

The links don't seem to be working

Take care,
penpusher

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:10 am

Tried using Yahoo briefcase back there.... have switched the files to a different location now and have tested it... seems to be working fine now.

Have updated the links in the previous post appropriately, but am posting the links here again:

***Edited to remove the file download links***

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Last edited by mundaire on Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Young Tiger
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Young Tiger » Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:30 am

Thanxs abhijeet!

This is very informative.

Cheers!
Harnihal
Do you expect me to talk? No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:35 pm

Glad to be of help... :)

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

danish21
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by danish21 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:23 pm

I have heard about some gun smith in dehradun who is a good engraver. If any IFG member knows about that gun smith then please let me know.

Danish

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:06 pm

Danish

I think it all depends on what do you have in mind and how elaborate or intricate the pattern is.

All the best

mehulkamdar

Re: Engravers in India.

Post by mehulkamdar » Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:52 am

Gentlemen,

I have some prices here - they are not carved ins tone but they should give you an idea of what to expect to pay in the US or Europe. Some engravers charge by the hour - you will not get work done by a good engraver for less than $ 28 to 30 an hour, the number of hours would increase depending on how elaborate the picture is. With the topmost engravers your cost would, in some cases, be more than the gun itself is worth.

I talked to Ka'imiloa and he told me that though he has no problem doing Bulino engraving (to offer lifelike pictures) he does not recommend it on a gun that would actually be used as it is very delicate and could wear off in time if the gun is hunted with. However, if someone is willing to pay for this kind of treatment, it is their money and they would get what they want as long as they pay.

Cheers!