gun cleaning supplies

This is the place for discussing gun care, custom work, repairs and ask related technical questions.
smith45
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

gun cleaning supplies

Post by smith45 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:43 am

How common are gun stores in India, and how often do they sell gun cleaning supplies ? How often do Indians buy inexpensive kits, or how often do they also separately buy brushes or bags of patches ? Does anyone have an estimate of the Indian gun-cleaning sales versus the Australian gun-cleaning sales ? We are considering expanding a product line to India, and we need a market estimate.

For Advertising mail webmaster
MDHASAN
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: gun cleaning supplies

Post by MDHASAN » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:40 am

good cleaning kit in india price are
.22 = rs120/
.315 or other rifles =rs150/
12/16/20 bore =rs150/
.32/.22 cleaning kit in brass =rs200/
gun oil (not good) = rs25/
cleaning cloth (chindi) 1 bundle = rs100/
seperate brushes(GOOD) / 12bore/.22/.32/.22 =rs35/

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:20 am

smith45 wrote:How common are gun stores in India, and how often do they sell gun cleaning supplies ? How often do Indians buy inexpensive kits, or how often do they also separately buy brushes or bags of patches ? Does anyone have an estimate of the Indian gun-cleaning sales versus the Australian gun-cleaning sales ? We are considering expanding a product line to India, and we need a market estimate.
smith start one as soon as you can,i bet you will have lot of customers . we don't have quality stuff,we do buy brushes and and cleansers but compared to what you all have abroard,its nothing. i'll be your first customer. ROTFL

-- Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:11 pm --

what alL can you offer us?

Addies21
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Addies21 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:23 pm

I like hoppe's #9 and keep a decent amount of it. transmission ATF fuild makes a great bore solvent. Also, I know several old timers that only use WD-40.

I use mobil 1 motor oil for gun oil.

I do not copper clean often. But, have some.

Keep some spare brushes, mops, and plastic jags around.

Boresnakes do great! I use them to tidy up a bore during the day at the range. Roughly 50 shots to 1 boresnake pass on centfire. Roughly 150-200 shots between the 22lr's.