• Advertisement
Kiehberg.in -  Outdoor gear and sports equipment

Disassembling & Reassembling Precihole Air Rifle

This is the place for discussing gun care, custom work, repairs and ask related technical questions.
vsraja

Re: Disassembling & Reassembling Precihole Air Rifle

Postby vsraja » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:20 am

Dear GNV sir, i heard the other way round from a dealer, that a synthetic seal is suitable for highly polished or smooth compression chamber and a leather seal is best for an unfinished surface.but not sure.

With regards,
vsraja

mooppan

Postby mooppan » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:40 pm

Dear GNV.
Thums-up for your photo illustrated tutorial (y) . It will definitely guide those people who like DIY with their precihole. Can I ask you one thing..? Have you measured the springs specs..like total length. OD,ID ...etc?

GNV

Postby GNV » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:27 pm

vsraja wrote:Dear GNV sir, i heard the other way round from a dealer, that a synthetic seal is suitable for highly polished or smooth compression chamber and a leather seal is best for an unfinished surface.but not sure.

May be it is so. I told you I am no guru.

Added in 1 minute 40 seconds:
mooppan wrote:Dear GNV.
Thums-up for your photo illustrated tutorial (y) . It will definitely guide those people who like DIY with their precihole. Can I ask you one thing..? Have you measured the springs specs..like total length. OD,ID ...etc?

Dear Mooppan,

I never did that. I don't have any precision calipers to do that.

harsh_dadati

Postby harsh_dadati » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:38 am

Nice work

Sent from my Lenovo A6020a40 using Tapatalk

GNV

Postby GNV » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:53 am

Thanks

prashantjha19

Postby prashantjha19 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:45 pm

My dear GNV, I am astounded we have such people like you on IFG with such tenacious and selfless professionalism!
Salute your focus, covetedness and sheer sense of purpose in putting it all together....all at display in the trail you have shared on the forum.
But for people like you, no sport can take off in aspiring countries like ours...It's indeed a great service to the sport that so many people like you on IFG are to be credited with....very much like what the likes of Robert Beeman, and later the Tom Gaylords and Jim Tylers, etc. have done in the West.
Heartily appreciate and feel beholden to you all!
Thank you for the encouragement to people like me for being able to now go ahead with confidence servicing our ARs.
True regards,
Prashant

GNV

Postby GNV » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:20 am

Thank You,
Prashantjha.

prashantjha19

Postby prashantjha19 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:08 pm

Thanks to the inspiration and guidance from you, dear GNV, I took the plunge today....not yet with my PH, but to start with, it was my cute SDB Frontier pistol in .22. I thought it would be a good gazette to start with; and it is quite manageable too, in terms of size, potential risks associated with the spring banging out, etc. I just used a small baby vice that was lying around, used it over a wooden board, and with the help of some small wood blocks, I had a safe contraption.

So again, Big thank you to you....I was able to safely disassemble the stuff....much on the lines of how you had instructed. Am in the process of first cleaning up the innards and everything with kerosene oil first, and then with clinical spirit, etc. I have all the supplies of Moly, silicon oil, Ballistol, etc. to nicely service the gun and reassemble. It is going to be a valuable hands-on learning experience.

Here are some things about this little gun (which I see as a nice looking and good bargain for beginners and to get young people, children, etc. initiated into the sport)...People may find some of it of use and interest since there is absolutely nothing available on the net about this pistol mechanics.

1. First and foremost...Was surprised to see a nice looking Synthetic piston seal on this!! It is not buttoned (like in high end models) but screwed in with two nicely simmed and thick holding bushes (quite like washers) over the piston head.
2. Second, There's no Front guide for the rear piston guide to glide into. Also, the rear piston guide (metal) shows a lot of tolerance in the spring. Reason why I was experiencing a lot of vibration. Am thinking of getting a thin sim (metal sheet) cover made at a local lathe shop and fix it over the guide so it fits snugly into the spring (This is one suggestion I noted by Tom Gaylord sometime back). Also, it is this guide that swells out into a nice cap that doubles up as the cylinder end cap.
3. Both the pins (the main lock pin and the Trigger pin) glide through lateral holes in this rear side of this guide.
4. Trigger is probably the simplest of all....pivots on the smaller pin, and has a tension spring holed up at the rear into a hole in the end cap.
5. One thing I disliked....The base block and the cylinder forks where the barrel joins and pivots ...does not have a proper screw system. It only has a pin that is slightly burred /smacked on both the ends (something like a rivet)..It sure does the job, but I wonder why not install a proper screw system rather than this!!

I will try to take some snaps and once I have the permission to post on IFG, I will try to upload those for the benefit of everyone.
Thank you once again and Best regards,

And before I depart, May I pls seek an advice please? I am ever too keen to also buy myself a .22 AR (I am aware of the new law, etc.). But I think I should have one, even if it only serves as a collectible in future. The only one available online is an AK 100 for some 10k. Is it a worthwhile choice to go with please? Will greatly appreciate and value any suggestion please.
Prashant

GNV

Postby GNV » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:16 pm

I had never used any AK brand guns so I can't offer any suggestions. But a lot of dealers have old stocks of 0.22 air guns. They may not show them in open but they are still selling them through back doors.

GNV

Return to “Gun Care & Gunsmithing”