Rubber Bullets

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
Viper1
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Rubber Bullets

Post by Viper1 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:52 pm

I had a couple of questions:

- Are rubber bullets legal in India (for use by civilians - licensed gun owners)?
- If so, can anyone tell me of dealers that deal in rubber bullets pls.

I happened to read a thread in this forum that asked a similar question about rubber bullets, but i could not figure out if they are legal or not in India, hence bringing up the question again.

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Rubber Bullets

Post by mundaire » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:50 pm

They are legal but I very much doubt if you will be able to find them... BTW what do plan to use them for? After all these are meant to be used in riot control type of situations....

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:25 pm

Contrary to their name,they are made of hard plastic .Don't think that they will bounce of a person.Depending upon the distance,they can and do cause fatal injuries.

marksman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by marksman » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:26 pm

Highly volatile in flight. At least those ones that I shot, which were that were manufactured by our IOF people (rubber/nylon or was it hard plastic) as riot control measures for the SRPF in cal.7.62 Nato.
I wouldn't be surprised if it Boomeranged and hit the shooter.
Marksman

Viper1
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Viper1 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:31 am

mundaire wrote:They are legal but I very much doubt if you will be able to find them... BTW what do plan to use them for? After all these are meant to be used in riot control type of situations....

Cheers!
Abhijeet

Abhijeet,

i just feel better / safer knowing that the first 2 rounds in my gun are non lethal rubber bullets.

regards,

Viper1

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:22 am

Abhijeet,

i just feel better / safer knowing that the first 2 rounds in my gun are non lethal rubber bullets.

regards,

Viper1

that will give your attackers good chance to shoot you dead, sounds very nice. and small .32 rubber rounds would not do any thing for any one. thats why they have big rounds for riot control which hurts and leaves a mark on the body.

please rethink your mr. nice guy image.
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

Private Merc
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Private Merc » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:50 pm

nagarifle wrote:
Abhijeet,

regards,

Viper1

that will give your attackers good chance to shoot you dead, sounds very nice. and small .32 rubber rounds would not do any thing for any one. thats why they have big rounds for riot control which hurts and leaves a mark on the body.

please rethink your mr. nice guy image.
The first round actually being rubber is not bad after all. It incapicitates the bad guy to an extent that he will go down in severe pain. Giving you a clear advantage over him. We arent murderers after all! Plus it makes up for great self defense arguments in a court of law. And a .32 round will most definately hurt.

Side note: I use 4 tracers (night time) and 1 rubber coated round in my AK for sheer advantage purposes. (Remaining 29 or 30 - depending upon the quality of mag spring - I then go in for full defense).

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:46 pm

Private Merc wrote:The first round actually being rubber is not bad after all. It incapicitates the bad guy to an extent that he will go down in severe pain. Giving you a clear advantage over him. We arent murderers after all! Plus it makes up for great self defense arguments in a court of law. And a .32 round will most definately hurt.

Side note: I use 4 tracers (night time) and 1 rubber coated round in my AK for sheer advantage purposes. (Remaining 29 or 30 - depending upon the quality of mag spring - I then go in for full defense).
well first questiion are talking in the Indian regards? if not then no need to take it further.
we do not have AKs to play with here, against the law you know, and if you have an AK what's the point in using a rubber bullet? AK is an assault weapon, not a tummy tickler, in your inveroment Ak may be fine but to the Indian situation as you are aware we do not have such available on the NPB,

even if one used a .32 it will only sting if hit on the head part, making one a little mad. also we have to know that the amount of time and ammo one has for practice is little bit less then desired, if you miss with your bouncing bullet, you would not have a second chance if your opponent is armed.

surly the point of taking out your piece is to shot them not scared them to bring more man and gunpower? and if you are not going to shoot then why display your piece?
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

Private Merc
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Private Merc » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:59 am

nagarifle wrote:
Private Merc wrote:The first round actually being rubber is not bad after all. It incapicitates the bad guy to an extent that he will go down in severe pain. Giving you a clear advantage over him. We arent murderers after all! Plus it makes up for great self defense arguments in a court of law. And a .32 round will most definately hurt.

well first questiion are talking in the Indian regards? if not then no need to take it further.
we do not have AKs to play with here, against the law you know, and if you have an AK what's the point in using a rubber bullet? AK is an assault weapon, not a tummy tickler, in your inveroment Ak may be fine but to the Indian situation as you are aware we do not have such available on the NPB,

even if one used a .32 it will only sting if hit on the head part, making one a little mad. also we have to know that the amount of time and ammo one has for practice is little bit less then desired, if you miss with your bouncing bullet, you would not have a second chance if your opponent is armed.

surly the point of taking out your piece is to shot them not scared them to bring more man and gunpower? and if you are not going to shoot then why display your piece?

Chief; I think I mentioned categorically "Side Note" in my AK oration. It may be an assualt weapon but the first rule of bearing any weapon is to think coolly with a levelhead. Thats precisely the point what anti gun lobbyists are driving home; people have weapons and they think from their balls rather with a level head (pardon my french). And it defeats the purpose of having a forum such as this demanding the right to bear and keep arms in India.

And a .32 has enough power to make the bad guy go 'more than' mad; if you catch my drift, yet again!

Have a great day Sir.

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:06 pm

Hey Merc,

Do you really have an AK? Is this allowed out there? One cousin of mine did try to tempt me to visit Muscat by saying that there is an arms market behind his house where assault rifles are also sold.

Regards,

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

Private Merc
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Private Merc » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:57 pm

Hey Dev -
Hows it going? Yes; Muscat - Oman has a traditional beduin lifestyle where guns are considered a part and parcel of their desert nomadic existence. I wouldnt be able to confirm whether these people have open markets or not but sourcing an AK is comparitively easy in Oman.

Yes I do have an AK (czech made - east European Bloc) issued to me by my employer, with an end user certificate agreement by the United States Army and ofcourse with a copy of "Rules of Engagement" signed by me.

Godspeed.

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:11 pm

Hi Merc,

You certainly live an interesting life. And you definately, seem to be living up to your handle. :D
Be careful and keep your powder dry.

Dev

MoA
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MoA » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:36 pm

Hi merc...
Just curious, where are you getting 35 round magazines for you Vz 58?
Additionally dont understand the loading logic behind 4 tracers, 1 rubber, and 30 ball? What would the point of the tracers be?
Does your's have the happy sqitch enabled?
Cheers...

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:34 pm

The tracers are probably to indicate the almost out of bullets scenario to the user.

Dev

MoA
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MoA » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:42 pm

Dev,

I think the shooting sequence would probably be 4 tracers, followed by 1 rubber followed by 29 or 30 ball cartridges.
It piques my curiosity since tracers are essentially ball ammo with a bit of incendiary type material in the tail, and will kill quite effectively. So I dont see the need for the rubber bullet in the mix.
Secondly almost every magazine I have personally come across for the Vz 58 is either 10 rounds (very rare.. more common with the Saiga in .223) 30 ( which would be about 99% of the mags I have seen), or the drum magazines with a capacity of 50. I do know a vairant of the drum for 75 and 100 do exist. So the magazine capacity has me intrigued.
Either way I dont understand why have a rubber bullet in the ammo mix.