Reintroduction of KF Deluxe 12 g cartridge

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
raj
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Reintroduction of KF Deluxe 12 g cartridge

Post by raj » Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:37 am

i have tried the KF's plastic shells..
its a green jacket with No.#1 shot...(called as astram magna)..amazin performance by it..moreover its a 70mm shell as compared to other 65mm variants..
KF magna rocks!!
---I have strong feelings about gun control. If there's a gun around, I want to be the one controlling it.

---"Slow is Smooth,Smooth is Fast"

For Advertising mail webmaster
shahid

Post by shahid » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:39 pm

Here are the pics.

ebenezer
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by ebenezer » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:15 am

Do these shells bear the wordings 'Smokeless powder and chilled shot'? I guess the older ones had them. I don't see them in the latest ones.

Ebenezer

shahid

Post by shahid » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:40 pm

This is the new deluxe rebranded as special, and printed it Hindi.

striker
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by striker » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:23 pm

Some years ago i saw a 12 g shell with full metal used for reload ,do any one had used such kinds
or came across the full metal shell
cheers
sankar
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------99.9% of the World's Gunners are 100% SAFE.Please do not ruin their reputation by being stupid or using guns in violence!!

indian
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by indian » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:09 pm

i think the metal shells are the ones loaded with blackpowder and must be pretty old stuff :)

TwoRivers
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TwoRivers » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:11 am

Those brass shotshells were quite popular with reloaders and market hunters. They came in smokeless as well. The military also used them in riot guns until the advent of plastic cases. A friend still tells the story of having to throw thousands overboard after they became obsolete, while serving on an US Navy destroyer. They are still being produced for use in remote areas, MagTech still produces them, and they are imported into the US; though no one, after the demise of Alcan, carries the special size, one size larger, wads anymore. Cheers.

shahid

Post by shahid » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:39 am

Full brass shells were introduced by Eley way back in 1880s.

Initially high power loads were produced in Brass shells called Kynoch's Perfects.

The brass in the cartridge is to provide a more solid tight seal to the burning powder once it ignites. For about 28 to 30 grains of powder in a 28 to 30 gram load the usual 4 mm to 10 mm brass cap is enough.

Such a cartridge typically rates at 3 to 3 1/4 Dram eqv. of powder.

Paradox cartridges with heavy loads of powder used to come in full brass cases, but now once they were reintroduced by Holland & Holland in 2006, they are produced by Hull Cartridge Co. for H & H in red plastic cases (shells ) with a 10 mm brass cap.

It may be popular with reloaders now because perhaps a brass case can go through more cycles.