.22 Blank ammo in Constructions Works ???

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
to_saptarshi
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

.22 Blank ammo in Constructions Works ???

Post by to_saptarshi » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:38 am

Folks,

One of the floors in my office is currently being renovated, and a team of construction peoples are presently working in my office during night hours. Surprisingly I discovered some spent .22 blank cases (Super X) and few live ones lying on the floor of service elevator for consecutive few days, when I came early in the morning. I am pretty sure that those cases are dropped from someone’s tool bag which they usually wear with belt, but not sure the application areas of those .22 blanks in construction works.

Any pointers on this? Or any device that uses the energy of .22 blanks instead of air pressure like nail guns etc??

Regards
Saptarshi

For Advertising mail webmaster
to_saptarshi
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: .22 Blank ammo in Constructions Works ???

Post by to_saptarshi » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:36 am

And here goes the pictures

Regards
Saptarshi

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:41 am

Saptarshi,
Frankly, use of blanks in construction is total news to me :)
I dont think you should bet on your speculation that it just dropped of some worker's bag, and since you mentioned that you also found live ammo, it would be worthwhile and less risky to report this to concerned authorities.
Even under the rare possibility of some night worker using .22 blanks (or live) for construction purpose, it is still negligent and irresponsible to drop unfired rounds.
This is my view on it :)
Never Shave without a Blade
.......^___________________^
....../ '---_________________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:40 am

to_saptarshi";p="57664 wrote: Folks,

One of the floors in my office is currently being renovated, and a team of construction peoples are presently working in my office during night hours. Surprisingly I discovered some spent .22 blank cases (Super X) and few live ones lying on the floor of service elevator for consecutive few days, when I came early in the morning. I am pretty sure that those cases are dropped from someone’s tool bag which they usually wear with belt, but not sure the application areas of those .22 blanks in construction works.

Any pointers on this? Or any device that uses the energy of .22 blanks instead of air pressure like nail guns etc??

Regards
Saptarshi
These are used in a nail gun which I saw being used in an episode of 'monster house". One nail per blank.

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:59 am

Strange!!!!!!!! Never heard such thing in construction line.
"Strength is not about how strong u can kick, it's about how strong the life is kicking u and u standup again to keep on going"

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:59 pm

dev";p="57674 wrote:
to_saptarshi";p="57664 wrote: Folks,

Regards
Saptarshi
These are used in a nail gun which I saw being used in an episode of 'monster house". One nail per blank.

Dev
Right Dev... but what about the Live ones that Saptarshi mentioned.
Never Shave without a Blade
.......^___________________^
....../ '---_________________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

Mark
Veteran
Veteran

Re: .22 Blank ammo in Constructions Works ???

Post by Mark » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:07 pm

They are used in a tool for driving nails, google up "remington power hammer".

They have 2 different sizes, a 22 caliber and a 27 caliber blank. The blanks are colr coded for different applications.

They are a pretty respectable driver, once I used one to nail some aluminum fixtures to a steel floor. It had no trouble driving the nails through 1/4" steel!

I never tried firing a blank from a gun, and I wouldn't try it either, they are quite powerful and the charge may erode the rifling from the throat area.
"What if he had no knife? In that case he would not be a good bushman so there is no need to consider the possibility." H.A. Lindsay, 1947