Skeet Ammo, your advise required

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
Shamsher
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Skeet Ammo, your advise required

Post by Shamsher » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:03 pm

Dear all
I need to pass on some information to my brother-in-law whose son is a shooter in UA. India, and has the R.S Certificate. He is eligible to import a shotgun for skeet & of course the ammo. approx 20,000 rds
The Shotgun has been decided to be the Beretta - O/U 782 Gold.

I need your advise about options for the ammo. what makes are best, price being the main factor. RC4 & Eley are being considered at this time.

I believe the initial purchase cost is approx INR 8/- per round

Looking forward to your suggestions

Regards
Shamsher

For Advertising mail webmaster
browning
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Skeet Ammo, your advise required

Post by browning » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:40 pm

RC4 definately. The RC4 is an amazing cartridge i can vouch for this as i have used it for myself in trap.

Regards.

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:59 pm

seek out ashar, "hyderabad nawab". he's a R.S. in skeet. his opinion would be important
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

shahid

Post by shahid » Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:01 pm

Landed cost for Victory or Olympia cartridges from Cyprus is about INR 14 per round. They are ecnomical and fine cartridges. 9 or 9 1/2 for skeet are available, for trap their 7 1/2 in 24 g load is excellent. Velocity is good, powder is clean burning, and these guys in cyprus who own Victory are a bunch of shooting enthusiasts themselves.

Mirage Clever will also offer competitive price.

Wincehster Italy or RC4 championships are other options.

A cheaper range from RWS is AZ Noble.
Czech S & B have cheaper practice ranges.

FOr up market there is Eley, Hull, Kent, Lavalle Express from UK, Rotweil, Fionchhi and quite a few others.

HydNawab
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by HydNawab » Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:06 pm

Dear Shamsher,

I would recommend the Baschieri and Pellagri F2 Legend for skeet shooting.Obviously number 9s.Even RCs are very good and I have seen a lot of trap shooters shoot with RCs.In RCs, the competition skeet 9 1/2 would be suggested.Quantity of ammunition allowed for import for renowned shooters would be 15,000 at the moment.The RCs would cost you around Rs.18 each and B&Ps would be around 21.

Fiocci has come up with new cartridges for the Indian climate.They are cheaper.Around 14 or 15 each.

I think you mean the Beretta 682 Gold.It is a very good gun and a lot of shooters use this model.Its cheap as well.I think is around 2200 Euros, which is about 1.4L.If he can go in for something more expensive, then ask him to get the Beretta DT10.Its an excellent gun and is priced around 3.25L.

I hope this information is helpful.

Cheers

Ashar
'It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger squeeze'.

'You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.'

-- Al Capone