Scope suggestions for an AirRifle

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Re: Scope suggestions for an AirRifle

Post by kanwar76 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:17 pm

Mack The Knife wrote:Really!!! :shock:

I was refering to the 2-7x and 3-9x. Sorry, should have made my self more clear.
Oops

That's what I thought ..How can Lord Mack the knife errr.. hmmm..never mind :oops:

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

For Advertising mail webmaster
ai

Post by ai » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:52 pm

Hi Guys, I'm back!

If you visit the Bushnell website, whether a scope is suitable for spring air guns or not is mentioned under respective models. I've tried several- Bushnells (Trophy 6-18X; 4-12X), Elite (All Elites which focus down to 10 yards are suitable for spring airguns, irrespective of what is mentioned in the website); Hawke/Deben, which were disappointing; Simmons (average); Leapers (excellent- sturdy and value for money); and Leopold 6.5-20X and USOptics are next in line. The best turned out to be Elite 4-12X40 (barring a problem with the objective lens coating which will be rectified under warranty) and Elite 4200 4-16X50mm. My recommendation at under $200- Leapers or Bushnell Sportsman 3-9X, adjustable Objective.

Hope this helps.

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:34 pm

Anyways... this might come in handy...
http://www.pyramydair.com/site/articles ... air-rifle/
Never Shave without a Blade
.......^___________________^
....../ '---_________________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

yash3_great

Post by yash3_great » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:50 pm

Thanks for your suggestions Mack The Knife and Ai. Seems that the US fraternity likes the Leapers brand a lot. I am planning to go for a Leapers 3-9X40 for now. I hope it survives the recoil. :D

http://www.opticsplanet.net/leapers-5th ... md1-c.html

ai

Post by ai » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:38 pm

All Leapers scopes are good value. But go for an illuminated reticle scope- these have glass reticles, which are sturdier. If you can, go for the Accushot series- that is the most advanced. I'm asking someone to get me a 3-12X40mm EzeeTap 30mm tube, side focus model.

yash3_great

Post by yash3_great » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:55 pm

Yes ai i was actually looking at another model of same specs but with illuminated reticle.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/leapers-5th ... ed-gr.html

Personally, i do not have much applications for very advanced scopes. There are some features i might end up never using at all. I would like it as simple as it can get. :idea:

yash3_great

Post by yash3_great » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:36 pm

I finally went back to Bushnell and bought the Trophy 4-12X40 for a great price. However, I am confused as to what rings I would need to mount this on an RWS 34 Panther? I have a set of Leapers Accushot Weaver style rings, but I am told these are unsuitable for this rifle.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/leapers-acc ... -25l2.html

What scope ring/scope base would be the right choice for this rifle?

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:28 pm

yash3_great,
I would personally advise you to go in for a one-piece mount, although I have Weavers 2-piece mount for sale... :)
Never Shave without a Blade
.......^___________________^
....../ '---_________________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------