Hawke Sport 3-9X40 Riflescope

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
clownfish
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Hawke Sport 3-9X40 Riflescope

Post by clownfish » Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:25 pm

I bought the above scope (+ medium mounts) quite recently for my .22 LR rifle. I got quite a good deal from this online store (http://www.opticswarehouse.co.uk/prodde ... rod=HS3940). I got it for ~50% of the listed price.

Am wondering if any of you guys have any experience with the Hawke brand and if so, whats your feedback. I don't think its known outside of the UK. I haven't had the chance to to try it out yet. hope to do so in the near future.

For Advertising mail webmaster
kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Re: Hawke Sport 3-9X40 Riflescope

Post by kanwar76 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:16 pm

Where aare you from clownfish?

Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

clownfish
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by clownfish » Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:19 pm

New Delhi, Inja

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:24 pm

Oh.. Just read second paragraph of your first post... :oops:

So was it delivered in UK?

Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

clownfish
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by clownfish » Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:29 pm

yep. had it delivered to a friend in the uk. she brought it along when she visited next.
btw: these guys also do international deliveries but i dont know how indian customs will treat a riflescope. also, an international delivery is likely to be much more expensive (though you'd save 17.5% VAT payable by UK residents)

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:38 pm

Clownfish,

My memory is a bit hazy on this but as I recall, when Tasco went under (they are back now as part of a larger group) sometime in 2004 or so, Deben (U.K.) got in touch with the manufacturer in China and asked them to make scopes under the Hawke brand label.

They are supposed to be reasonably good scopes and a couple of them are supposed to be even good value for money scopes (I forget the model numbers).

A friend of mine who reads this forum has a 4-14x and he is happy with it. Come on Rags, get your butt in here.

3-9x40 is a good spec for a rimmie.

I am aware of Optics Warehouse but 50% off list price is a good deal. Still cannot beat the U.S. though.

Did you get the scope via post, courier or did someone bring it in?

Mack The Knife

P.S.: Ignore the question. Just read your post above.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:24 pm

Clownfish (for God's sake, don't you have a proper name?) it just struck me that you did not mention which .22lr rifle you have. Assuming it is a Brno Mod 2, IOF or something that has a pretty pronounced rear sight height, then you will find that your scopes objective bell is going to clash with the rear sight. In this case, you will either have to remove the tangent part of the rear sight or use a higher scope mount.

Mack The Knife

clownfish
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by clownfish » Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:16 pm

DAMN IT! I have edited another post instead of replying to it. :x

Sorry about that. (Grumpy, don't you dare say a word! :evil: )

Is your Krico a Model 120E or a 320?

The link is working at my end.

Mack The Knife

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:14 am

I wasn`t going to say a word..........Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, he, he, he, har, ha ! :D
The various Hawke scopes are sourced by Deben from different factories in three different countries. I can`t comment on the air rifle scopes but the Nite Eye range are fantastic value for money. I was sent several Hawke scopes for review almost a year ago ...... Kept the better ones and even bought a couple more. I have a pair of Nite Eye 3-10x50 IRs - one mounted on my Steyr Mannlicher Pro Hunter MKII 6.5x55 - and reckon you`ld have to pay at least 2 1/2 - 3 times as much for a comparable scope. Best bargain I`ve come across in ages.

clownfish
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by clownfish » Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:35 am

Mack The Knife:
I don't know :oops:
Am going to have to get back to you on that one.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:22 am

I wasn`t going to say a word..........Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, he, he, he, har, ha!
Grumps,

If you had a family crest, would the motto be Vae victis... :roll:

:wink: :mrgreen:

camerags
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by camerags » Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:11 am

Clownfish - the scope I have is the Hawke Airmax 4-12x44 and this rides on top of my HW77/.22 air rifle. This scope was recomended by Dan Kueng , the custom air rifle manufacturer who is in Basel, Switzerland whom I had the pleasure of visiting couple of years back. I bought this scope from BAR, UK.

The HW77 was a smooth shooter to start with and after I put in a Venom FAC class spring kit, the rifle shoots even smoother. I guess I have never put this scope through a torture test, but I have not had to touch the turrets in over a year and about a 500+ pellets. Should be OK on your rimmie. This particular Hawke takes a 52mm flter thread and I screwed on one of my skylight filters from my camera gear in front, just for further protection.

And Rusty ol'boy, I have my butt in here and how !

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:22 am

And Rusty ol'boy, I have my butt in here and how!
HAHAHA.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thanks for the post but now, on to another.

A post in the airgun section describing your visit to Dan's place along with the accompanying pics would go down a treat.

Mack The Knife

clownfish
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by clownfish » Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:20 pm

camerags:
welcome to the forum. i joined about 3 days ago and have been spending most of my workday here.....NOT GOOD!!! :wink:

my thanks for the feedback on the 'scope. i hope to mount it this weekend. will try to post pics if poss.

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:43 pm

Hey Welcome camerags:...

How've you been..

Have fun here..

Inder