Three queries on scopes

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Three queries on scopes

Post by fantumfan2003 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:03 am

Guru's

1) Is a Bushnell Sportview 3-9x40 Scope airgun rated and will it break or get spoilt on a Diana 35 ?

2) Can I use a Diana 3-9x40 Scope on a Diana 35. Its obviously airgun rated but want to double check. I believe the price is 9K from Gunmark Pune

3) Where can I buy a one piece rail with a stop pin for any of the two in India. Any favourite brands and models ?

Please let me know.

Thanks

Manish

For Advertising mail webmaster
shahid

Post by shahid » Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:19 am

Bushnell SPortsman is Air Rifle rated. And only a couple of other models.

For Bushnell SPortview check the box flap. If it is Air RIfle rated it will be printed as Rifle / AIr Rifle scope. If not then it is not rated.

Diana 3-9 x 40 scope is Air Rifle rated. It will perform fine n Diana 35. Price in Dubai is IR Rs. 4,000 so I guess 9,000 would be the going price in India.

However the best Air RIfle scope from Diana for powerful AIr RIfles is the Diana MAGNUM PLUS 4 x 32, this is designed for Magnum power Air RIfles. Mount it with Diana single piece mount and scope arrestor block from Diana or Gamo, the results will be good.

I have a Bushnell Sportsman 3-9 x 32 mm mounted on my brand new Diana 35 in India on a Nikko Sterling Single piece mount. The scope creeps back with 10 to 12 shots, I have sent a Gamo arrestor block to be mounted behind the scope.

Diana mount is better with 4 bindings against 3 of my Nikko Sterling mount. I will buy a Nikko Sterling adjustable mount for it now , the one I have on my HW 80 .22

One of the best Air Rifle hunting scopes is Gamo 1.5-2.5 x 32.

For close range shooting 1.5 or 2.0 magnification is very good, you don't have to take off your eye from the target and the sight perspective will be very similar inside a scope set at 1.5 magnification.

Usual shooting distance for an Air rifle is 30 to 35 yards, if it is a .22 and at most 40 to 45 yards for a .177, these low power scopes do well in such situations.