Kynoch .32 cartridges value?

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
AmmoInfo
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Kynoch .32 cartridges value?

Post by AmmoInfo » Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:25 am

Hello,

Could someone please help me with an accurate price value to be placed for old .32 kynoch cartridges?

Pics attached.

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Deepraj patil1616
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: Kynoch .32 cartridges value?

Post by Deepraj patil1616 » Fri Sep 01, 2023 2:47 pm

How old are they.. Price depends on the age of cartridge
Imported cartridges are expensive than indian.. But if they are too old then they might not fire.

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:06 am

As Deepraj notes, for really old ammo, the primers can be questionable.

For instance, the supply of surplus 303 ammo dried up many years ago, but at the end, what was left was POF 303. However, this stuff was known to have many failures to fire. I bought a bunch of Albanian 7.62x54r ammo that has a few duds, but when it fires, few rounds sound "right" and hitting a 100 yard target is not common -- not even on the paper! These rounds were brass cased and some had definite signs of corrosion.

A few years back, I found some old Kynoch 577/450 for sale for $10 a round, and the listing noted that many rounds would only "pzzz" when fired. I passed.

Whether old ammo fires reliably tends to depend on how it was stored. I have box of military 30-06 from the 1930s that looks bright and shiny -- like new -- and I'm sure it would fire if I was in the mood to do so. I've also fired surplus 30-06 headstamped 1942 that had three rounds fail with a oblong hole in the case and a face full of hot powder burning my skin -- thank goodness I will never shoot without eye protection!

I have Hungarian 7.62x54r surplus that is quite accurate, headstamped 1974.

All this is to say that old mmunition can range from being as reliable as new to being all duds.

This means that, in my opinion, your box of ammo is worth as much as someone will pay for it. A shooter may want it, perhaps because it's cheaper than new ammo, or a collector might want it for an interesting item.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

hornet22
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by hornet22 » Sat Sep 02, 2023 2:51 pm

These old kynoch ammunition will cost more than their Indian counterparts for sure regardless of their condition and age.