Regarding purchase of new ammunition

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
pistolprince007
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Regarding purchase of new ammunition

Post by pistolprince007 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:27 pm

Today I went to collectorate to get permission for purchase new ammunition,but the clerk told me the rules has been changed,now you need to get the permission from police not from here,then told me give the hisab of ammo fired and come after some days.
Senior members please guide what actually needs to be done

For Advertising mail webmaster
miroflex
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Regarding purchase of new ammunition

Post by miroflex » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:59 am

Which city are you living in?
"To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived." Sherlock Holmes in "The Adventure Of The Copper Beeches" by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

sourabhsangale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sourabhsangale » Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:10 pm

No hisab kitab to be given . Just keep the empties safely and there is no such rule in arms act about keep any empties so relax .
No matter what acp ,dcp or commissioner says their saying doesn’t have any legal backing as nothing is written in arms act .

veeveeaar
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by veeveeaar » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:03 pm

Please state which is your licencing authority.?. District Collector or COP ,has no right to ask about the spent ammo or empties. If you are a citizen licence holder ( not a target shooter and without your NRAI shooter ID) then you can ask your licencing authority in writing by registered post or online for your rightfull quantity of ammunition as per the latest provisions of the arms act and rules.

chandramohan
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by chandramohan » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:18 pm

l am Arms Lic holder for Last 39 years. Till date no Authority has asked me details of Ammunition. As I I have purchased same as reflected in Lic. I don't think there is any Rule as you think.

andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by andy_65_in » Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:43 pm

chandramohan wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:18 pm
l am Arms Lic holder for Last 39 years. Till date no Authority has asked me details of Ammunition. As I I have purchased same as reflected in Lic. I don't think there is any Rule as you think.
with him...renewed both my all india licences just now...they are 1996 vintage..never been asked where my empties are

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:37 pm

In Uttar Pradesh, police does sometimes asks for empties from license holder but never heard that one has to take permission from anyone before buying their allowed quota of ammunition.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

pistolprince007
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by pistolprince007 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:39 pm

Big Thank You all members for your kind response,Got my file processed at District Magistrate office after meeting the Magistrate.