Got my cannon fodder ;)

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
shutzen
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Got my cannon fodder ;)

Post by shutzen » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:16 am

HI! Folx I just recieved my consignment of the .308 match ammo :D :lol: Thought I would share some pics (feeling too lazy to take the cannon cam out so just using my mobile camera -but I hope it did the job decently well ) and info with the members. Posting some pics of the pallets and the ammo - the pills are just what the good doktor ordered ;) - I have to wait till jan. end for the shooting iron though as the german frauliens are busy polishing it at the Blaser factoy :P

well the attachments dont seem to be working so here are the links:

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa26 ... 007020.jpg

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa26 ... 007017.jpg

BTW : u must all be awre of the good cop /bad cop routine from the hollywood movies - well the stoopid customs ppl also follow it - sympathetic officer /oversmart , pompous and downright stoopid officer. Anyways will post the customs experience later when I get the Rifle too so that I have a chance to guage them fully.

For Advertising mail webmaster
dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Got my cannon fodder ;)

Post by dev » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:33 am

My Gawd its like a scene from Sholay...smelling salts please so many cartridges at one place... :lol:

But okay that aside well done you must have spent a small fortune on the kilos of ammo. Did you buy it from the USA or Germany?

Regards,

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by art_collector » Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:27 pm

WOW thats amazing. Virtually impossible to see so much fresh ammo with any one. Just for information what does Remington Ammo cost u.

AC

shutzen
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by shutzen » Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:48 pm

dev";p="31750 wrote:My Gawd its like a scene from Sholay...smelling salts please so many cartridges at one place... :lol:
But okay that aside well done you must have spent a small fortune on the kilos of ammo. Did you buy it from the USA or Germany?
Regards,
Dev
:lol: good one ! Yeah lotsa moola- but like they say shauk ka koi mool nahi. Anyways would have got more but I am looking at a .30-06 and maybe a .243 after I attain renowned status again (god willing) in the 51st big bore nationals so am saving up for that ............got the goodies from germany
Last edited by shutzen on Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shutzen
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by shutzen » Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:59 pm

art_collector";p="31751 wrote:WOW thats amazing. Virtually impossible to see so much fresh ammo with any one. Just for information what does Remington Ammo cost u.

AC
The Remington is the cheapest out of the lot. In the qty which I bought I got a price Ex-Germany of of nearly Rs. 50 each +shipping+CHA charges. Well just wait for a few more months when the next import happens and see the goodies then ;)

art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by art_collector » Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:59 pm

Hi,
Thanks for quoting the price and also informing that Remington was the cheapest . Here when we buy ammo Remington is sold as a premium brand by most dealers. Which other brands would qualify as the premium brands in Europe.

AC

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:55 pm

Congrats Shutzen,these match loads I presume would be a lot lighter than the more regular game loads.

Have fun and shoot safe :)

Sanjay

shutzen
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by shutzen » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:53 pm

art_collector";p="31783 wrote:Hi,
Thanks for quoting the price and also informing that Remington was the cheapest . Here when we buy ammo Remington is sold as a premium brand by most dealers. Which other brands would qualify as the premium brands in Europe.

AC
HI! Well thats how things go on relative availability and the goodwill and milage the brand enjoys. The ammo I got is the Remington Premier match - remington also makes remington match ammo which is cheaper than premier by about 6 bucks per round. In Europe or rather anywhere the premium regular selling target ammo brands would at least include : Ruag , RWS, Lapua, Norma, Fedral .....

shutzen
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by shutzen » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:03 pm

Sanjay";p="31791 wrote:Congrats Shutzen,these match loads I presume would be a lot lighter than the more regular game loads.

Have fun and shoot safe :)

Sanjay
HI! Thanks ! I will ;) The REAL fun will start when I get the shooting iron and attain renowned status again ;) Well since you mentioned about the loads AFAIK most military and police snipers use match ammo for their work and they dont get any complaints from the affected parties about the load that was sent their way wasnt "hot" enough :lol:
I downloaded the lapua afficinado series manual and checked the velocities of various hunting and match ammo on their table and was pretty surprised to see most of the lapua match ammo is hotter than the hunting ammo and the performance is for identical or near identical bullet weights. The only exception are the "Training" rounds which mostly have lighter loads and lighter loads. Download the manual from the lapua site its pretty informative about the bullet performance at various ranges and wind drift , bullet drop velocity etc.

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:31 am

Congrats Shutzen!

Mouthwatering and heartbreaking at the same time!!! :)

Regards,
cc

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:52 pm

So no 6mm BR and I see a 30-06 on that list.Sigh.. why does that not surprise me.The more the things change,the more they remain the same.

shutzen
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by shutzen » Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:36 pm

penpusher";p="31839 wrote:So no 6mm BR and I see a 30-06 on that list.Sigh.. why does that not surprise me.The more the things change,the more they remain the same.
HI! Well penpusher I had never said that I will not get a 30-06 if I get the chance to import it ever ;) The 30-06 is one of the greatest Rifle carts. of all time and does the job wherever you want to deploy it - In the field or even at the target range ;) and one advantage of getting the '06 is that I dont have to get too much ammo or import any ammo at all as plenty is available all over and I dont have to block my money and quota for its ammo.

Pl. chk my post I mention 6mm in metric form .243 :lol:
the '06 is definatly on lets see what the interchange barrel will be :?:

Well change is omnipresent and if you adapt to it so fast that it seems nothing changed then thats fantastic adaptation - 8) Nirvana 8)

shutzen
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by shutzen » Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:39 pm

cottage cheese";p="31829 wrote:Congrats Shutzen!

Mouthwatering and heartbreaking at the same time!!! :)

Regards,
cc
HI! thanks :oops:

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:06 pm

Lots of cartridges in 6mm.6mm BR is referred to as such.I have never seen it referred to as a.243.

.243Winchester,.243AI certainly but no .243BR.A 30-06 is not something that would help you in creating ripples internationally in the 300mtr ISSF rifle shooting.Most shooters get as it sells for a shitload of money in India.However,does not help them in achieving anything in the international sphere.BTW,if the Chandigarh DM's office has entered the .308 rifle on your license as NPB rifle,they obviously are not doing their work.The notification to allow renowned shooters to own a .308 rifle does exist but the authority to grant you a license for it would still be the MOH,GOI.

Enjoy your rifle.Your aim is obviously to retain your current status of a renowned shot.Wish you the best of luck.Somehow can't visualize you doing the country proud internationally,considering your limited ambition emphasized by your choice of calibers.

jonahpach
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by jonahpach » Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:22 pm

Hello Shutzen

Would love to see the gun for which you got the ammo for..

Jonah
Speak softly and carry a big gun!