Price of Winchester western .32 revolver cartridge

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
jatinder singh
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Price of Winchester western .32 revolver cartridge

Post by jatinder singh » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:46 am

Hello dears,
A friend of mine has 150 no. of Winchester western .32 revolver cartridge.He want to sell these ,what should be the price.Also .12 shotgun cartridge available for sale.ImageImageImage

Sent from my Redmi 5 using Tapatalk

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Price of Winchester western .32 revolver cartridge

Post by mundaire » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:29 am

How old is the ammunition? The age would make a huge difference in expected price.

Ammunition has a shelf life and old ammo is prone to failures like misfire/ hangfire, so will be substantially cheaper than fresh ammo.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Ravindrane
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Ravindrane » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:07 pm

I dont think Winchester will fall in your category. They are made to perform till their end.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:04 pm

Ravindrane wrote:I dont think Winchester will fall in your category. They are made to perform till their end.
I wish that were true :) , but I'm afraid all of them have a shelf life! I have extensively used WCC (Western Cartridge Co. i.e. Winchester) ammo with manufacture dates all the way back to the 1940's and I can say with certainty that the reliability of these cartridges (like others) deteriorates over time.

Of course, I understand where you are coming from, our home grown IOF (KF) ammo seems to deteriorate much faster than imported brands, but that does not mean that the imported ammunition brands are 'invincible'. The same laws of chemical decay apply equally well to them, though use of better material usually means that they tend to have longer shelf lives than the KF ammo.

Careful storage in a low oxygen & humidity environment can slow the deterioration but even that will not stop it. An airtight container with plenty of silica gel (replaced/ recharged regularly) would go a long way in helping preserve ammunition for longer periods. That said I would be pretty amazed if indeed your friend has stored his ammunition in such a manner.

On the other extreme, poor storage will invariably lead to even faster deterioration! There is a shooter at the range who had imported B&P 12 bore ammunition just last year, which is amongst the most expensive competition grade 12 gauge ammunition. However, water seepage from the A/C made it to some of the ammunition boxes, as a result this shooter is regularly experiencing misfires while shooting (this ammunition) at the range. Once again, this is top grade ammunition, manufactured less than 12 months ago!

As to price, I believe imported .32 ammunition usually goes for ₹ 300+ but YMMV

Imported 12 bore ammunition usually goes for between ₹ 40 and ₹ 400, or more. The price variation is huge and depends on:
a) the shot load weight (24 grams are cheapest and 34 grams most expensive)
b) the size of shot it is loaded for (bigger shot sizes like slugs usually command the highest prices, while birdshot like no. 9,7,6, etc. is usually the cheapest)

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

sumbriavikramaditya
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sumbriavikramaditya » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:45 am

mundaire wrote: I wish that were true :) , but I'm afraid all of them have a shelf life! I have extensively used WCC (Western Cartridge Co. i.e. Winchester) ammo with manufacture dates all the way back to the 1940's and I can say with certainty that the reliability of these cartridges (like others) deteriorates over time.

Of course, I understand where you are coming from, our home grown IOF (KF) ammo seems to deteriorate much faster than imported brands, but that does not mean that the imported ammunition brands are 'invincible'. The same laws of chemical decay apply equally well to them, though use of better material usually means that they tend to have longer shelf lives than the KF ammo.

Careful storage in a low oxygen & humidity environment can slow the deterioration but even that will not stop it. An airtight container with plenty of silica gel (replaced/ recharged regularly) would go a long way in helping preserve ammunition for longer periods. That said I would be pretty amazed if indeed your friend has stored his ammunition in such a manner.

On the other extreme, poor storage will invariably lead to even faster deterioration! There is a shooter at the range who had imported B&P 12 bore ammunition just last year, which is amongst the most expensive competition grade 12 gauge ammunition. However, water seepage from the A/C made it to some of the ammunition boxes, as a result this shooter is regularly experiencing misfires while shooting (this ammunition) at the range. Once again, this is top grade ammunition, manufactured less than 12 months ago!

As to price, I believe imported .32 ammunition usually goes for ₹ 300+ but YMMV

Imported 12 bore ammunition usually goes for between ₹ 40 and ₹ 400, or more. The price variation is huge and depends on:
a) the shot load weight (24 grams are cheapest and 34 grams most expensive)
b) the size of shot it is loaded for (bigger shot sizes like slugs usually command the highest prices, while birdshot like no. 9,7,6, etc. is usually the cheapest)

Cheers!
Abhijeet

That is the knowledge accumulated over time and cannot be debated with. Thanks for this knowledge Sir.

Regards
Vikramaditya Singh.

Sam Kunal
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Sam Kunal » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:46 pm

Are the 12 bore cartridges listed above still available for sale ?