Where can I buy shotgun cartridge primers for reloading purpose of fired shot shells

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
sathvik
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Where can I buy shotgun cartridge primers for reloading purpose of fired shot shells

Post by sathvik » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:15 am

Hello all.
I wanted to know that are there any one who produce or sell shotgun primers .
I have direct contact with a shotgun factory and the owner said no one sells shot shell primers in India please enlighten me

Regards
SATHVIK AV

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

For Advertising mail webmaster
Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Where can I buy shotgun cartridge primers for reloading purpose of fired shot shells

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:02 pm

Hi Sathvik, Check with the guns shops still selling powder, cap and other things for muzzle loaders.
Regards

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Where can I buy shotgun cartridge primers for reloading purpose of fired shot shells

Post by goodboy_mentor » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:26 pm

Gun shops that sell gunpowder for muzzle loading guns are likely to also have primers/ percussion caps. As per Rule 2(24) of Explosives Rules, fireworks include percussion caps. Please confirm it from latest copy of Explosives Rules. Though not directly related, may also read this viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15556
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

Rudransh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Rudransh » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:32 pm

As I am understanding you are referring to 12gauge spent cartridge. Refilling is dangerous without having right kind of powder , primers caps and sealing press and I have read people have lost their fingers in the efforts.
Refrain your self doing this.

Regards
Veerbhadra

nitroex700
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by nitroex700 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:10 pm

Rudransh wrote:As I am understanding you are referring to 12gauge spent cartridge. Refilling is dangerous without having right kind of powder , primers caps and sealing press and I have read people have lost their fingers in the efforts.

Regards
Veerbhadra
Says the guy who runs a 'cottage industry' of dies at home for personal usage.. :P :D :lol: :mrgreen: :twisted:

Half the Amreeka shoots reloaded ammo - which is both, cheaper and can potentially be more accurate than the best available factory match ammo if done properly. So if the person has proper tooling, materials and experience doing it, its not dangerous IMHO. Thousands of people around the world blow their brains off with firearms every year.. that doesn't mean firearms are unsafe!

sathvik
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by sathvik » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:16 pm

Thanks for your valuable suggestions.

sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:05 pm

nitroex700 wrote:
Half the Amreeka shoots reloaded ammo - which is both, cheaper and can potentially be more accurate than the best available factory match ammo if done properly. So if the person has proper tooling, materials and experience doing it, its not dangerous IMHO. Thousands of people around the world blow their brains off with firearms every year.. that doesn't mean firearms are unsafe!
Hey nitroex, this aint amreeka, you do remember the other thread where I came under artillery barrage for comparing something's price with american market.. :mrgreen:
When it comes to guns, doing anything related to it in India is not easy.
"Aim small, miss small."

nitroex700
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by nitroex700 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:42 pm

sam 47 wrote: Hey nitroex, this aint amreeka, you do remember the other thread where I came under artillery barrage for comparing something's price with american market.. :mrgreen:
When it comes to guns, doing anything related to it in India is not easy.
Buddy while I genuinely appreciate your enthusiasm and keenness at a young age and certainly don't condone a few bold or critical comments, you will come to command respect from the people around you if you measure your words and learn about the subjects you wish to speak on. Veerbhadra above knows me in a personal capacity, is a good friend and has a fair knowledge and experience with both air and firearms. It would help you more if you learn about shooting in depth before talking about it! :)

Happy Hunting!
Nitroex

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:35 pm

As others have mentioned, black powder and percussion caps can usually be found with arms and ammunition dealers. However, proper smokeless powder and primers are not available for sale (though allowed for purchase by arms license holders).
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

sathvik
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by sathvik » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:37 pm

Is it.
My friend runs a gun factory shall I consult him for primer and smoke less powder

Hammerhead
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Hammerhead » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:41 am

Rudransh wrote:As I am understanding you are referring to 12gauge spent cartridge. Refilling is dangerous without having right kind of powder , primers caps and sealing press and I have read people have lost their fingers in the efforts.

Regards
Veerbhadra

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

sathvik
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by sathvik » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:44 am

Lee reloading kit

sathvik
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: RE: Re: Where can I buy shotgun cartridge primers for reloading purpose of fired shot shells

Post by sathvik » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:40 pm

Hammerhead wrote:

Regards
Veerbhadra

Thank you sir.