Shooting Stand

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
bkmarks55
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Shooting Stand

Post by bkmarks55 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:53 pm

Hi

I was thinking if i could use the TRIPOD for plinking when at home,Found a good deal in amazon.Do u guys think its worth it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Trajeev
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Shooting Stand

Post by Trajeev » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:39 pm

This is a camera tripod.what do you want to do with it? You can't use it as an offhand stand. check with www.10xshooting.in for your need

bkmarks55
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by bkmarks55 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:02 pm

Trajeev wrote:This is a camera tripod.what do you want to do with it? You can't use it as an offhand stand. check with http://www.10xshooting.in for your need

IT was camera tripod...but though i could put my gun on that and shoot...dont know... thanks for the link trajeev.. but site not working for some reason...will try once again later

sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:28 pm

Bkmarks, you have a sub 12 fpe springer, and furthest you will ever shoot is 50 m , tripods are used for long range shooting. The gun is light, compact and with proper offhand technique, you will get sufficient accuracy to 30m. You can get a table and a soft rest for bench rest shooting and squeeze out every bit of accuracy of the gun. Springers are as its very hold sensitive, and with an improper rest you will lose accuracy. IMHO , a tripod for springers is a waste of money.
"Aim small, miss small."

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:28 am

I do not think tripod is at all required for 50 mts AR shooting.
Bench rest is the best.
Unlike sam47 , I donot prefer soft cousion like pillow.It tends to put the pellet up & down.
Palm should be resting on something harder than a pillow.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:12 am

Basuda, I don't use pillow for rest, I use a old cloth bag filled with sand exactly for the reason you stated. The cotton moves away under the weight of the AR after a few shots and the pellet hits low. By soft I meant something that wouldn't cause discomfort to the hand. But I really prefer shooting offhand within 30 yards and beyond that distance use kneeling position and get sufficient accuracy.
"Aim small, miss small."

bkmarks55
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by bkmarks55 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:18 pm

Thanskf or the input fellas..

I created something with old clothes and started shooting at 15 yards to start with and the gun shoots amazing with the chinese scope fitted on it...quite impressed with the performance of the air rifle and the scope...

My precihole nx100 scorpious is leaking dont know what is going on ..any help