Shotshell Reloading Press

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
bapulathi
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Shotshell Reloading Press

Post by bapulathi » Fri May 27, 2016 5:55 pm

Dear All.

where can i get 12 bore Shot-shell Reloading Press?
can i import that without lengthy approval process?
or in India, where can i get new or used?

For Advertising mail webmaster
goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Shotshell Reloading Press

Post by goodboy_mentor » Fri May 27, 2016 8:03 pm

May click the following link and read viewtopic.php?f=21&t=24347#p241328
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Shotshell Reloading Press

Post by mundaire » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:26 pm

I'm no expert, but from what I understand of the issue...

Waste of money getting one, unless you have:-

An assured supplier of lead shot, smokeless powder, shotgun primers and plastic wadding. Also, you will not be able to use empty KF shells with modern presses, as the KF shells use a different kind of primer (Berdan) - so you would need imported empty shotshell hulls. Of all these items, lead shot can be sourced locally, plastic wadding can be substituted with improvised cardboard wadding, but there is absolutely no source for smokeless powder and primers. If you know of a source, please do share.

Alternately you can reload your shotgun shells with blackpowder and percussion caps (sold by many Arms & Ammunition dealers for use with Muzzle loaders). This can be achieved without a reloading press, you only need a small kit, which used to be sold by many dealers till about the 1980's, if you look around you may still be able to find one. These kits were meant for reloading paper cartridges, therefore come with a hand cranked "roll crimp".

However, using black powder will cause a lot of smoke, fouling and the performance will not be the same as a shell loaded with smokeless powder. Also from what I hear, the quality of blackpowder available in India is not very good, with wide variation in grain size etc. so getting consistent performance will not be easy.

In the final analysis, it really isn't worth the time, effort and money, unless you shoot many thousands of rounds each year.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein