Dealer refused to give the bill

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
James_Bond
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Dealer refused to give the bill

Post by James_Bond » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:23 pm

My dear friends and all IFG members.

1) To day I went to a arms dealer to purchase the 12 bore ammunation. dealer show me different type of 12 bore ammunation. I wish to purchase ofb Astram Magna 70mm 34 grams its cost 100 per when I asked a dealer for a Bill he totally refused to give me (with a very rude behavior) a bill , Why?

2) After that I went to a other arms dealer he also refused for a bill for Astram Magna of OFB. But he said me that if you want a bill than you can purchased Shaktiman 70mm only. He refused to gave me a bill for OFB Astram magna. price of both cartiges are same its 100 per.

3) Why one of a dealer refused to gave a bill for all cartiges Astram magna and Shaltiman and other dealer agreed for give a bill only for shaktiman but not for OFB Astram Magna?. kindly clear it. dealer also said that the Pistol bullet are 100 per. Kindly mentioned the price of a 12 bore 70mm cartiges and others.
With Regards
CODE NAME BOND, JAMES BOND LICENSE TO RKBA

For Advertising mail webmaster
Walibaa
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: Dealer refused to give the bill

Post by Walibaa » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:30 pm

Mention your city of purchase.
Atul sir, senior member of ifg will guide you about the pricing.
https://t.me/pump_upp

James_Bond
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by James_Bond » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:35 pm

Walibaa wrote:Mention your city of purchase.
Atul sir, senior member of ifg will guide you about the pricing.
Pathankot in Punjab
With Regards

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:57 pm

James_Bond wrote:My dear friends and all IFG members.

1) To day I went to a arms dealer to purchase the 12 bore ammunation. dealer show me different type of 12 bore ammunation. I wish to purchase ofb Astram Magna 70mm 34 grams its cost 100 per when I asked a dealer for a Bill he totally refused to give me (with a very rude behavior) a bill , Why?

2) After that I went to a other arms dealer he also refused for a bill for Astram Magna of OFB. But he said me that if you want a bill than you can purchased Shaktiman 70mm only. He refused to gave me a bill for OFB Astram magna. price of both cartiges are same its 100 per.

3) Why one of a dealer refused to gave a bill for all cartiges Astram magna and Shaltiman and other dealer agreed for give a bill only for shaktiman but not for OFB Astram Magna?. kindly clear it. dealer also said that the Pistol bullet are 100 per. Kindly mentioned the price of a 12 bore 70mm cartiges and others.
James Bond,

The MRP of Astram Magna is Rs 75 per round aprox. But dealers in small towns (limited no. of arms dealers) do not sell it at that rate they normally sell it for Rs 100 each and they will have to make a bill to enter it on your license. But the bill amount would be at a lower value.
These rates would come down to about Rs 85 or so as the year comes to an end if they have some stock left over.
The pistol cartridge has an MRP of Rs 60 but these dealers sell it for Rs 100.
If there are more number of dealers like in Delhi and Kolkata the cost of ammo is closer to the MRP but they try to sell a limited number of cartridges on each visit.
I am not talking about all dealers but some dealers sell like that and it doesn't matter to them if you do not buy from them, They will stick to their price.

Atul

James_Bond
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by James_Bond » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:19 pm

Thanks aadhaulya
One of the dealer totally refused me to gave the bill even a lower cost. And Other agreed to give a bill only for Shaktiman.

aadhaulya wrote.
But the bill amount would be at a lower value.
I agreed with you. On 2011 I had purchase a DBBL Visco special (manufacturing year 2011 ) at the rate of 25000, but dealer gave me the bill of 15000.

Can we filed a complained against the dealer about the matter to (MHA). I will try to post the lot No, manufacturing year of cartiges and images very soon.
Last edited by James_Bond on Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
With Regards

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:45 pm

What complaint will you file?? You paid cash for your 12 bore gun and got a bill for the amount of Rs 15000. How will you prove that you paid extra. Same is the case with the cartridges, if the dealer refuses to give the bill to you, you are free to buy from wherever you want. Though he will bill it at a lower value weather he gives the bill to you or not.
Though the OFB has a system to keep track, like the MRP is decided by OFB and the dealer is supposed to have a board showing the stock available with him. But no one follows the system and periodic checks are supposed to be carried out.
But it is a very simple method to get around it by claiming that he bought that ammo from another dealer and he has to keep his margin on the purchase price.
Same is the case with the 30.06 and .315 rifle. These two weapons are not sold to the customer directly but only to dealers. The dealer will never ever sell you a gun at the MRP.
But I am sure that if someone is determined to put a stop to this practice and has the time and effort to spare for this work should be able to do it.

Atul

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:37 am

james bond..sorry.
why didn't you ask the dealer itself????you would have got an explanation
my guess...illegal ammunition
regards
dr.jk

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:30 am

If you are seriously interested to pursue this matter legally, then you will have to secretly make a very clear video recording of all this. Making allegations without solid evidence is useless and sometimes may even back fire.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

James_Bond
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by James_Bond » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:08 pm

Here in my home town

Astram magna -130 per

Shaktiman - 110 to 120 per

Special - 90 per.
( same as others no bill)
Kangra(HP) is far away from my home town . Its approximately 70 km. But the dealer of kangra also refused to give the bill. So than I went to Pathankot for purchase the ammunation.

These things are printed on the carton of the ammunation

1) Cartiges - ASTRAM MAGNA 12 BORE

2) LOT NO- M-11

3) SHOT NO- 1

4) MFG DT. - 3/15

5) MRP - 2282

6) LENGTH - 70MM 2 3/4"

7) SHOT WT. - 34GMS 1 3/16 OZ
(means1.19 OZ = 34 grams )
Little bit difference between the cartiges which are available both of the dealer are where the No-1 is printed one of its plastic and other paper. Here I attached the images.
aadhaulya wrote
Same is the case with the 30.06 and .315 rifle. These two weapons are not sold to the customer directly but only to dealers. The dealer will never ever sell you a gun at the MRP.
Yes it is. One of the customer there wants to purchase the pistol/revolver. He quired about both of the weapon. Dealer said the price of pistol which is 5 year old second hand is 120000 and RFI pistol 110000, and Revolver 85000. He pressurized the costomer to purchase a 120000 it is the best choice instead of RFI pistol.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
With Regards

monty3006
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by monty3006 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:16 pm

Hi James Bond.
I also have a very valid question.
Just what do you intend to do with this 12 bore ammunition (right spelling) that you purchased? So far as I know you can't shoot targets with 34 gms load. ( you proved with your calculations about 34 gms....)

So are you going hunting or poaching????

Please don't get me wrong. I am not a dealer. Just like you I'm also wondering aloud......
Monish

James_Bond
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by James_Bond » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:14 pm

Sorry here you are wrong. Hunting and poaching are illegal in India. Do you thing that a 34 gms 12 bore ammunition is only for hunting. We have no right to purchase it. If you think that if any body purchased a 34 gms 12 bore ammunition its only for hunting use, its your thought. its not a reality. Here I am sharing my experience and querying about the price. Friend don't get anger you have no right to question me to what I do with this ammunition. Thanks for correction of my ammunition spelling
With Regards

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:00 am

monty3006 wrote:Hi James Bond.
I also have a very valid question.
Just what do you intend to do with this 12 bore ammunition (right spelling) that you purchased? So far as I know you can't shoot targets with 34 gms load. ( you proved with your calculations about 34 gms....)

So are you going hunting or poaching????

Please don't get me wrong. I am not a dealer. Just like you I'm also wondering aloud......
Monty3006,
You have a very valid point. Being from the Automobile field I relate better to cars. Like for our travel needs one needs to travel from point'A' to point 'B' without breaking any law by over speeding and in air conditioned comport. The Maruti 800 and Alto are the most logical answers being the cheapest of the lot.
Do you still drive these cars or you have upgraded to some fast cars or like me to a Safari or Bolero?? just because of the love of fast and powerful cars.
James_Bond wrote:Sorry here you are wrong. Hunting and poaching are illegal in India. Do you thing that a 34 gms 12 bore ammunition is only for hunting. We have no right to purchase it. If you think that if any body purchased a 34 gms 12 bore ammunition its only for hunting use, its your thought. its not a reality. Here I am sharing my experience and querying about the price. Friend don't get anger you have no right to question me to what I do with this ammunition. Thanks for correction of my ammunition spelling
James Bond,
Keep it up bro. I also buy only No.1, Shaktiman 4.8, rifled slugs and hollow point ammo for my 12 bore. Though they are useless for target practice, I do not go to any range for target practice either. It is just my love for the tough and powerful stuff.
Luckily I got a 30.06 rifle with a bi-pod and a powerful scope registered on my NPB license. I could have very well been arrested for buying a rifle that can kill a person at 1000 mts or more. Besides there are no shooting ranges in Delhi and most cities of India where one can target practice with a powerful rifle. Besides, a lot of people do not afford to target practice with ammo costing more than Rs 200 per round.

Atul