check out this ammo

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
mismisra
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by mismisra » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:34 am

thanks i am aware
:twisted: electron

For Advertising mail webmaster
dsingh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by dsingh » Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:07 pm

I tried with old gun but out of 30 4 could be fired with the new gun of same company 28 could be fired may it may be litle change in firing pin as new amno worked well old gun. regards

shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by shooter » Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:06 am

i have seen kf LG was told it is not meant for civilian use but to fire at eagles at the air force airbases.
i thought it might be fake but "LG" was printed.
can nyone confirm this?
You want more gun control? Use both hands!

God made man and God made woman, but Samuel Colt made them equal.

One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. by Jose Gasset.

shahid

Post by shahid » Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:32 pm

KF do not make LG. At least for civilian applications, If for defence, security use maybe, but I am not aware.

On the periphery of an airfield, unless the Eagle is actually being shot, shot size makes no difference. Probably they use blanks.

I can undestand a security guy reloading his own LG by changing the shot. About 6 shots of LG sold illegaly go into a KF special cartridge. Otherwise anything above 4.2 mm, or BB size is illegal for Indian civilian issue.

However in the eventuality of actually having to shoot an Eagle off some airstrip for overall human safety with due permissions in place off course I would recommend shooting it with a no. 3 or No. 1 shot, not LG. Even taking a sitting shot at 30 yards the Eagle in question can easily walk out of the shot pattern of this improvised LG.

LG was printed - today if one has real time on his hands then useing a normal HP inkjet printer anything can be printed for an overwad.

On this issue of old cartridges being fired from new guns / old guns, they will fire in any 12 bore gun which has the firing pin functioning properly but 2 conditions will have o be met.

The priming mixture is still combustible. THis spoils with time. And the cause for most misfires. The spark itself may not be produced, so no start will take place.

The gupowder is damp, has lost its prime condition, this leads to slower burning, hang fires, fouling, lower velocity. As a rule a shotgun cartridge older than 5 years should not be fired. Better still if 3 years old. I cannot even dream of firing old cartridges in a TRAP competition fearing score losses. But in competition shooting all cartridges used are as fresh as six months at most. A container load of cartridges is used up in about a months time at our club, i.e. about 350,000.

andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: check out this ammo

Post by andy_65_in » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:41 am

enclosing photos of a .22 cal remington hi speed short HP,a lapua 22 LR and 2 .22 ammo from CCI .any comments on their MV since i have a old brno mod 1 which has? a max vel limit.andy

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:18 pm

andy_65_in";p="27453 wrote:since i have a old brno mod 1 which has a max vel limit.andy
That's news to me. Can someone confirm this?

Thanks.

Mack The Knife

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:45 pm

shahid";p="27403 wrote: The gupowder is damp, has lost its prime condition, this leads to slower burning, hang fires, fouling, lower velocity. As a rule a shotgun cartridge older than 5 years should not be fired. Better still if 3 years old. I
Shahid

Most of the 12 G ammo currrently available is atleast a couple of yrs old re 2005 production.

I did fire 98 vintage Astrams they were just fine.

:?: how often should one leave ammo in the sun and for how long to get rid of the moisture or dampness if any.

Thanks

Sanjay

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:16 pm

Sanjay";p="27460 wrote: :?: how often should one leave ammo in the sun and for how long to get rid of the moisture or dampness if any.
Sanjay, for shotgun ammo, the best thing is not to let it get stale... ;) Keep the stock in circulation and no need to worry about old ammo... :mrgreen:

I have actually used 30+ year old S&B ammo which worked flawlessly... not a single misfire in over 100 rounds... I have also had quite a few misfires with brand new KF ammo, though in the last few years I have noticed the no. of misfires (using KF) does seem to have come down somewhat... quite irrelevant but the quality of printing on the paper shells has diminished during the same period... maybe they're saving money on printing and using it for better primers & powders? :?

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by shooter » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:40 pm

cartridges if kept away from damp will work flawlessly but 'englis kartoos' work more flawlessly than others.

a great tip for storing them. if u know of a doctor, ask him for the bag/ cover x-ray films are stored in. that is made of a material that is well suited for moisture protecion (and light). my shooter buddies told me about it and it really works.
place damp certridges in the sun for a day but it may vary as in rajasthan humidity can drop to less than 10% and sun is very bright. may vary in other places.
You want more gun control? Use both hands!

God made man and God made woman, but Samuel Colt made them equal.

One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. by Jose Gasset.