Suggestions of scope for Precihole NX100

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
Post Reply
som_prabh
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:10 pm

Suggestions of scope for Precihole NX100

Post by som_prabh » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:29 pm

After going through all the posts on this topic, I settled for this Leaders 3-9 x 32 AOE Mil-dot IR scope from aliexpress.com. I read that they provide genuine n fast delivery.

http://m.aliexpress.com/item/1863760216.html

Any expert help/guidance shall be very appreciated.

Also any suggestions about the AR shall be deemed very gratefully, as I am a beginner. I have a budget of 15-16k for the AR.

For Advertising mail webmaster
User avatar
AnandNair
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana
Posts: 219
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:46 am
Location: Pathankot

Re: Suggestions of scope for Precihole NX100

Post by AnandNair » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:55 pm

Precihole is a good Indian brand for air rifles.
"Genuine and fast delivery" -- aliexpress---- may not be a very accurate description. You will most probably get a OEM product which may or may not perform. No guarantee. shipping thru chinapost takes in most case a month and half for delivery in India mostly due to postal customs delay, and that too if they ship it via air and not by sea. You will get it fast if you order via EMS / DHL etc.
The scope that you gave link of is bugbuster type and will be too small on the precihole.. but it is your preference.

If you are buying from aliexpress.. be mindful of he seller rating, product review, and the number of the same product the seller has sold before.
Some learn by reading. A few by observation. The rest of 'em have to pee on the electric fence.

shirodkar4
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:57 pm

Re: Suggestions of scope for Precihole NX100

Post by shirodkar4 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:42 pm

I agree with AnandNair. Customs takes most of the time as the shipment is verified and reverified. Lest you will most probably get your scope delivered and if you are lucky without any extra import duty. One more thing please do verify with the seller that the scope is an Air Rifle rated scope if not than the scope will shift the zero with every 15-20 shots. Good luck.
-SS

som_prabh
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:10 pm

Re: Suggestions of scope for Precihole NX100

Post by som_prabh » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:28 pm

AnandNair wrote:Precihole is a good Indian brand for air rifles.
"Genuine and fast delivery" -- aliexpress---- may not be a very accurate description. You will most probably get a OEM product which may or may not perform. No guarantee. shipping thru chinapost takes in most case a month and half for delivery in India mostly due to postal customs delay, and that too if they ship it via air and not by sea. You will get it fast if you order via EMS / DHL etc.
The scope that you gave link of is bugbuster type and will be too small on the precihole.. but it is your preference.

If you are buying from aliexpress.. be mindful of he seller rating, product review, and the number of the same product the seller has sold before.
Thank you for the advice Sir. What scope do you suggest I use on the said AR? Everyone on the forum was advocating either Leapers or CenterPoint, and this was the only link I found shipping to India and within budget.

som_prabh
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:10 pm

Re: Suggestions of scope for Precihole NX100

Post by som_prabh » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:30 pm

shirodkar4 wrote:I agree with AnandNair. Customs takes most of the time as the shipment is verified and reverified. Lest you will most probably get your scope delivered and if you are lucky without any extra import duty. One more thing please do verify with the seller that the scope is an Air Rifle rated scope if not than the scope will shift the zero with every 15-20 shots. Good luck.
-SS

Thank you Shirodkar Sir. I think the one made by leapers is indeed an AR rated scope as far as I checked online. And is there a way to get quality scopes in India??

I know that I am supposed to contact Mr. Rijo Joseph but I can't send any PMs.

User avatar
ibalajis
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:30 pm
Location: Chennai

Re: Suggestions of scope for Precihole NX100

Post by ibalajis » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:51 pm

som_prabh I just sent you a PM.

som_prabh
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:10 pm

Re: Suggestions of scope for Precihole NX100

Post by som_prabh » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:44 pm

ibalajis wrote:som_prabh I just sent you a PM.
Thank you so much sir.

shirodkar4
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:57 pm

Re: precihole nx 1oo and scope

Post by shirodkar4 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:08 am

Ali express has lots of options for budget scopes. There is nothing like one particular type of scope for the NX 100 its completely based on individual preference. I myself have imported a 6-24x 50 AOE Bushnell scope from aliexpress. If you can wait for 20-25 days it's well worth placing the order on aliexpress. Good luck and do share your experience on whichever scope you buy.

-SS
som_prabh wrote:
shirodkar4 wrote:I agree with AnandNair. Customs takes most of the time as the shipment is verified and reverified. Lest you will most probably get your scope delivered and if you are lucky without any extra import duty. One more thing please do verify with the seller that the scope is an Air Rifle rated scope if not than the scope will shift the zero with every 15-20 shots. Good luck.
-SS

Thank you Shirodkar Sir. I think the one made by leapers is indeed an AR rated scope as far as I checked online. And is there a way to get quality scopes in India??

I know that I am supposed to contact Mr. Rijo Joseph but I can't send any PMs.

User avatar
airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 1138
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:15 pm
Location: Mumbai-Thane, India

Re: Suggestions of scope for Precihole NX100

Post by airgun_novice » Sun May 10, 2015 11:29 pm

Dear som_prab

Why don't you call up or email PH itself ? Think they were planning to import a few branded scopes for their ARs. Suggesting this just so that you have options and can then zero down on a decision. Good Luck. Wish you happy and safe shooting experience.

regs
A.

som_prabh
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:10 pm

Re: Suggestions of scope for Precihole NX100

Post by som_prabh » Tue May 12, 2015 10:54 am

airgun_novice wrote:Dear som_prab

Why don't you call up or email PH itself ? Think they were planning to import a few branded scopes for their ARs. Suggesting this just so that you have options and can then zero down on a decision. Good Luck. Wish you happy and safe shooting experience.

regs
A.

Are you sure?? Because if that is the case, it will make things pretty easy for me.

User avatar
brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer
Posts: 3112
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:33 pm
Location: mumbai

Re: Suggestions of scope for Precihole NX100

Post by brihacharan » Tue May 12, 2015 3:48 pm

som_prabh wrote:
airgun_novice wrote:Dear som_prab
Why don't you call up or email PH itself ? Think they were planning to import a few branded scopes for their ARs. Suggesting this just so that you have options and can then zero down on a decision. Good Luck. Wish you happy and safe shooting experience.
regs
A.
Are you sure?? Because if that is the case, it will make things pretty easy for me.
Hi som_prabh,

Here are a few pointers when it comes to choosing a scope suitable for an Air Rifle....

1. Most inductees to AR shooting get enamored by fixing a scope to their air rifle - but are at a loss to select the proper / ideal one best suited to them - this is quite understandable....

2. To begin with its worth considering that the effective range of any good spring piston AR is not more than 35 to 40 yds.....

3. Hence the scope one should ideally go for should be a 4X - 32 or on the outer limit a 6x - 32 / 40 magnification....

4. Why, because 4X means that the scope will enable you to see the target 4 times closer (a 40 yard target ie: at 10 yards) or a target at 20 yards will appear at 5 yards (15 feet) - which is as close as anyone can see it clearly with naked eye....

5. Any scope that is a variable ...say 3-9. 4-12 etc. are ideally suited for high powered PCP air rifles, since they can shoot longer distances.

6. Also variable scopes add unnecessary extra weight to the AR - which means you need a bench rest or a bi-pod to shoot...

7. Therefore IMHO a 3-9 - 40 or a 4-12 - 40 variable scope is purely a 'wish fulfillment' :D

8. I have 3 scopes, a 4X - 32, 2-7X - 32 & a 4-12X - 40, and I've invariably found myself shooting @ 4X or at maximum 6X and get groups less than 1" even at 50 yards :D

Well there you are! My 2 cents worth experience over the years!!!
Good Luck :D
Briha
Last edited by brihacharan on Tue May 12, 2015 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 1138
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:15 pm
Location: Mumbai-Thane, India

Re: Suggestions of scope for Precihole NX100

Post by airgun_novice » Tue May 12, 2015 4:33 pm

som_prabh wrote:
airgun_novice wrote:Dear som_prab

Why don't you call up or email PH itself ? Think they were planning to import a few branded scopes for their ARs. Suggesting this just so that you have options and can then zero down on a decision. Good Luck. Wish you happy and safe shooting experience.

regs
A.

Are you sure?? Because if that is the case, it will make things pretty easy for me.
Like I said, check with PH through a call or an email just to be sure and/ or to have options. regs, A.

User avatar
brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer
Posts: 3112
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:33 pm
Location: mumbai

Re: Suggestions of scope for Precihole NX100

Post by brihacharan » Tue May 12, 2015 5:37 pm

For all those wanting to know about selecting the right scope for Air Rifle....See below the link that answers your queries...

Air Rifle Scopes, Simply Explained - TheBestAirRifle.com
www.thebestairrifle.com/air-rifle-scope ... explained/
Points Covered....
1 Why is an Air Rifle Scope Necessary?
2 Fixed vs. Variable Air Rifle Scopes & Ocular Magnification
3 Air Rifle Objective size
4 Understanding Parallax adjustments
5 What Does “AO” Refer to?
6 Choosing a Retiucle Type
6.1 Fine Crosshair
6.2 Duplex Crosshair
6.3 Mil-Dot
6.4 Target Dot
6.5 Circle
7 Air Rifle Mounts
7.1 Scope Pins/Stops
7.2 One Piece vs. Two Piece Mounts
8 Barrel Droop & Barrel Misalignment
8.1 Break Barrels & Barrel Misalignment
9 Compare Top-Rated Air Rifle Scopes!
Briha

Post Reply