ENTRY LEVEL SCOPE FOR AIR RIFLE

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

ENTRY LEVEL SCOPE FOR AIR RIFLE

Post by aadhaulya » Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:02 pm

Hi,

I am new in the AR section. I have taken out my old AR's to start using. I want to fix a scope on them and have read that a scope rail can be fixed with Arildite. I also spoke with Rijo Joseph and he has some good standard products.
I found this entry level scope for Rs 1600 in Kovibazar.

Now my question is that would it be suitable for AR's? Has any one used them or considering the cost I should go ahead and experiment with it??

From: http://kovibazaar.com/Scopes---Mounts/4 ... 20848.html

Regards

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: ENTRY LEVEL SCOPE FOR AIR RIFLE

Post by Vikram » Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:19 pm

There are air rifles and there are air rifles. Which air rifle are you using? If it is a springer, you should be looking for a springer rated scope.Otherwise, the back and forth recoil of a springer would knock the zero off very frequently. That will not be fun at all. If it is a PCP or gas-ram, your budget determines what you want.

This link gives you an idea about what they cost. Many of them are not very expensive as you can see.

http://www.airgundepot.com/airgunscopes.html
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:47 pm

Vikram,

Both the AR's are with a spring and breach loading by hand. The site given by you is based in USA. I wonder if they would ship to India and then also it may get stuck in customs I suppose.

Regards

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:35 pm

My purpose was to point to the type of scope required to mount on a springer and indicative prices so that one is not ripped off by our "dealers" in India.All the best with finding one suitable to your needs.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:22 pm

Vikram,

That was very kind of you. Now I would have an idea of the cost.
I was wondering if I go in for the 'Entry Level Scope' because the AR's that I own are about 10 years old and very inconvenient to load. But after the discussion on 'Legal Space for Firearms shooting
http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=23204
I have realized that my guns are useless as I have no place to shoot and I have no interest in target practice.
I have now decided to blast off AR's instead, that can be done at home.
Once I decide that I am satisfied with AR's I will go in for CO2 AR's (because of the inconvenience of loading) that are available in Delhi.

Regards

Ultimate Sniper
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Ultimate Sniper » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:43 pm

aadhaulya- Dont count on Kovibazar.com for this scope; they had confirmed to me that it will not come in stock anytime soon as its close to impossible to get scopes imported for commercial purposes - its currently out of stock with them and will be so for a long time.
If you are looking for a scope for Indian made ARs, then any good scope (.22LR rated) also would work with out making much damage.
As a matter of fact, ARs we have in India are nowhere close to the magnum springers they have abroad.
But as a word of caution and for peace of mind, its always recommended to go with the magnum springer rated scopes, if your budget allows; You never know, your passion might lure you into getting a more powerful imported springer a few months/ years down the line...

-Arvind S.
Last edited by Ultimate Sniper on Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:35 pm

Arvind, thanks for the input regarding Kovibazar. I have also been following up on their site sor some time. Last week it was available but unfortunately I did not order it then as I had a list of other things also that I wanted to buy and did not have enough money at that time for the full order.
I have some spare good quality imported scopes for my regular rifle, but I would not like to damage any one of them in my experimenting. That is the reason I wanted a cheap scope so that even if it gets damage it wont hurt.
Also this is for sure that if I get hooked on to AR's it would be CO2 only or maybe PCP's.

Regards

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:13 am

Vikram wrote:My purpose was to point to the type of scope required to mount on a springer and indicative prices so that one is not ripped off by our "dealers" in India.All the best with finding one suitable to your needs.
:agree:
Briha

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:02 pm

Briha ji,
Vikram's post was very helpful in finally deciding on where and whom to buy the product from.
But my main issue was that 'what do I need?' as I am new in this AR's I have .22 AR's with spring pistons of some local make, as I bought them only for the looks. Also I have no interest in target practice. I have gained some knowledge on scopes for regular rifles from this forum and have some spare ones also.

Regards

im_mahesh
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

SCOPE FOR AIR RIFLE - NX100 Polaris

Post by im_mahesh » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:42 pm

Hi Guys,

I am basically a pistol shooter however, I am getting my Precihole NX100 Polaris by end of this month and I want a good scope for it. I have been going through lots of threads on IFG and the name 'Rijo Joseph' keeps popping up on most threads when it comes to scopes. Someone please let me know his contact details.

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:25 pm

Rijo Joseph is a member here and has helped a lot of people with scope requirements. You would have to contact him through PM.

Regards

im_mahesh
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by im_mahesh » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:01 pm

Thanks for the quick response Aadhaulya. I know he is a member, however, I do not have an option to PM. I see the message "We are sorry, but you are not authorised to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate more to be able to use this feature."

ibalajis
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by ibalajis » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:07 pm

So, please complete your mandatory posts to get PM access.

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:18 pm

im_mahesh wrote:Thanks for the quick response Aadhaulya. I know he is a member, however, I do not have an option to PM. I see the message "We are sorry, but you are not authorised to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate more to be able to use this feature."
Check your PM. I have sent you one.

Regards

ibalajis
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by ibalajis » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:26 pm

aadhaulya wrote:
im_mahesh wrote:Thanks for the quick response Aadhaulya. I know he is a member, however, I do not have an option to PM. I see the message "We are sorry, but you are not authorised to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate more to be able to use this feature."
Check your PM. I have sent you one.

Regards
I don't think he would be able to check his PM until the access is granted by the mods.