pellets for. 22

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
uday14
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

pellets for. 22

Post by uday14 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:11 pm

Hi everyone. I own a precihole Scorpios .22 AR. Have been using precipell pellets. Any suggestions on other brands making better pellets than Precipell? Have noticed their product quality has not been consistent.
Anybody tried the JSB STRATON JUMBO MONSTER (25.39 granis)? pls share your reviews if yes.
Thanks

For Advertising mail webmaster
ibalajis
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: pellets for. 22

Post by ibalajis » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:34 pm

You can give it a try and see if it works. In my opinion, these monster pellets are designed for high powered guns (seniors can corroborate) and it is a little risky to use them on Indian made rifles.

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:35 pm

uday14 wrote:Hi everyone. I own a precihole Scorpios .22 AR. Have been using precipell pellets. Any suggestions on other brands making better pellets than Precipell? Have noticed their product quality has not been consistent.
Anybody tried the JSB STRATON JUMBO MONSTER (25.39 granis)? pls share your reviews if yes.
Thanks
Precipel are the best by far & best suited for Scorpius 22 cal....
They weigh 15gr and fit perfectly in the breech...
JSB pellets are good...but confine to 14gr as any heavier pellet may not suit the Scorpius...maximum one can go for is up-to 19gr- for both an ideal/ optimum combination of power + velocity.
I have used JSB & RWS pellets & found them extremely satisfactory :D
Besides...Precipels are cheaper than JSB / RWS etc....they are value for money :D
Briha

Ultimate Sniper
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Ultimate Sniper » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:58 pm

uday14 wrote:Hi everyone. I own a precihole Scorpios .22 AR. Have been using precipell pellets. Any suggestions on other brands making better pellets than Precipell? Have noticed their product quality has not been consistent.
Thanks
@uday14 - I completely agree with your observation, I personally have been through this situation and I still am in the same situation.
Off late there has been issues with the Precipell pellets, both in dimensions and the finish (read defective - dented, inconsistent metal distribution at skirt parts), I have heard from multiple people now and even the Precihole team accepted this fact.
But there seems to be a lot of bias about the Precipell team here and people doesnt accept the facts and blindly defends and justifies them for no use.
If they were good in old days and if they are not keeping it up, they needs to be criticized; I do not understand the point in justifying them saying they were good and so will be good...
I have not really tried too many options of .22 pellets (new to the .22 world), but I agree with Brihaji, stick to less than 19gr pellets for good performance in Scorpius.
If you are planning for 30 to 50 feet distance shootings, you might not notice a big difference, for longer range shots you will find a major dip in the pellet trajectory for heavier pellets.
The heavier ones are made specifically for higher energy delivery at target (for hunting, etc) and that can be made available only by powerful rifles, like Magnum Springers or PCPs; with them you will get a flatter trajectory in comparison with the less powerful ones.
For casual plinking I would suggest to stick to low cost, economical pellets, no point in spending on expensive ones.
However, if you dont mind spending, go ahead and get the premium ones, you wont regret that.
Try Kovibazaar.com for variety of pellets, I have bought many pellets from them now and they are good.

-Arvind S.

uday14
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by uday14 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:05 pm

brihacharan wrote:
Precipel are the best by far & best suited for Scorpius 22 cal....
They weigh 15gr and fit perfectly in the breech...
JSB pellets are good...but confine to 14gr as any heavier pellet may not suit the Scorpius...maximum one can go for is up-to 19gr- for both an ideal/ optimum combination of power + velocity.
I have used JSB & RWS pellets & found them extremely satisfactory :D
Besides...Precipels are cheaper than JSB / RWS etc....they are value for money :D
Briha
Will buy a couple more boxes of precipell pellets and see if they are better than the previous lot. And maybe I'll try other brands with max 19Gr.
Really appreciate your advice. Thank u Briha ji.

uday14
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by uday14 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:06 pm

Thanks for your input ibalajis! :)

uday14
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by uday14 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:12 pm

@uday14 - I completely agree with your observation, I personally have been through this situation and I still am in the same situation.
Off late there has been issues with the Precipell pellets, both in dimensions and the finish (read defective - dented, inconsistent metal distribution at skirt parts), I have heard from multiple people now and even the Precihole team accepted this fact.
But there seems to be a lot of bias about the Precipell team here and people doesnt accept the facts and blindly defends and justifies them for no use.
If they were good in old days and if they are not keeping it up, they needs to be criticized; I do not understand the point in justifying them saying they were good and so will be good...
I have not really tried too many options of .22 pellets (new to the .22 world), but I agree with Brihaji, stick to less than 19gr pellets for good performance in Scorpius.
If you are planning for 30 to 50 feet distance shootings, you might not notice a big difference, for longer range shots you will find a major dip in the pellet trajectory for heavier pellets.
The heavier ones are made specifically for higher energy delivery at target (for hunting, etc) and that can be made available only by powerful rifles, like Magnum Springers or PCPs; with them you will get a flatter trajectory in comparison with the less powerful ones.
For casual plinking I would suggest to stick to low cost, economical pellets, no point in spending on expensive ones.
However, if you dont mind spending, go ahead and get the premium ones, you wont regret that.
Try Kovibazaar.com for variety of pellets, I have bought many pellets from them now and they are good.

-Arvind S.[/quote]

I am new to the world of guns. This forum really helps to know and learn new things which are important. As me toned in my earlier post ill use pellets with max 19gr and see how they work.
Your post helped clear a quite few things in my mind regarding pellets with different grains.
Thanks alot Arvind S (ultimate sniper) !!
Cheers!

kshitij
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by kshitij » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:10 am

Have used the JSB exact in 15, 18 as well as 25 grains with the scorpious. The 15gr JSBs best suits the preci and the precipell is just as good as the JSBs besides being at a lower price point.
The drop on the 18 and 25 grain pellets will only end up with you having to compensate more. They are of no logical use or benefit on the precihole. They are more for the pcp rifles.
Lock, Stock and Barrel.

ibalajis
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by ibalajis » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:31 am

Uday14, how far are you able to shoot effectively with your Scorpius?

uday14
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by uday14 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:52 am

@ibalajis
I've setup targets behind my house which are approximately at a distance of 20-25 meters from where I shoot.. This distance seems ok for me. Have not tried any further.

ibalajis
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by ibalajis » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:09 am

ibalajis wrote:Uday14, how far are you able to shoot effectively with your Scorpius?
I meant to ask about the effective range of your gun.. :)

uday14
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by uday14 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:17 am

Like I said I have not fired at anything further than the targets I've set up. Hence I will not be able to answer your question completely!

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:14 am

uday14 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:12 pm
I completely agree with your observation, I personally have been through this situation and I still am in the same situation.
Off late there has been issues with the Precipel pellets, both in dimensions and the finish (read defective - dented, inconsistent metal distribution at skirt parts), I have heard from multiple people now and even the Precihole team accepted this fact.

The fact is 'Precihole' does not manufacture the Precipel pellets....
They are contract manufactured for them as per specs provided by Precihole...
The initial lots were excellent...however it appears that this contract manufacturer slipped up on the specs leading to a drop in their quality...
This I understand has been rectified since then....
It's like a finely made auto engine when run on 'adulterated fuel' ...affects its performance :roll:
Briha

Ultimate Sniper
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Ultimate Sniper » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:00 pm

Brihaji, I know that G-Smith & Co. manufactures pellets on behalf of Precihole, being sold under the brand name Precipell.
They obviously make a margin out of this, being so, they hold the responsibility of ensuring the quality of their products.
Our first (rather only) point of contact/ escalation would be the precipell/ precihole team as they are the 'brand' we trust and made us buy the piece.
So they should take the criticism as well, they pushing the issue on manufacturers is their internal affairs, which we are least interested in - thats how marketing works.
Hence this is not an excuse as far as am concerned as a customer.

AnandNair
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by AnandNair » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:36 pm

Precipells are too large for my scorpius. the head hardly fits and i have to force each round into the chamber. I have stopped using them.
Currently using RWS superdomes. Good quality, Fits perfectly, and groups well.
Some learn by reading. A few by observation. The rest of 'em have to pee on the electric fence.