MY COLLECTION OF AMMO

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
Jeet3
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

MY COLLECTION OF AMMO

Post by Jeet3 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:33 am

Dear Brethren and Sis's,

Here's a humble collection of ammunition I have been studying to enhance my knowledge in firearms and their works from a manufacturing and design perspective. (Yes, I am not an engineer and have no thorough study of math, physics or projectile and / or propulsion science. Although my profession is purchasing in the manufacturing field.) As I have already said before that I have an extensive collection of books and paraphernalia in Firearms and Ammunition (includes manuals of all kinds of guns and ammunition), I love to know how these things work, whether from their internal mechanism point of view or ballistics point of view.
IMG_20141014_212327.jpg
From the left: The big box on the lower left corner is a box of a 12 gauge shotgun shells of low velocity for single shot shotguns (used for twin barrel shotguns for skeet or trap shooting, and I do not yet own a shotgun). The top two tiny peewee boxes hold low velocity .22 rimfire rounds for single shot peewee rifles. Next is a column of 9mm cal cartridges each holding 50 rounds or 9mm cal cartridges. The brands from top to bottom are Aguila, Remington and Winchester all in 115 grain. Next to their right from the top are a box of Remington .223 cartridges, below that a box of Winchester .223 cartridges (twenty rounds each of course), two boxes of American Eagle .25ACP / 50 round cartridges, and a 20 round box of Winchester .30-06 / 150 grain cartridges. To their left is a box of (10 round clipped) 90 round box of 5.56 X 45mm NATO's, two 100 round boxes each of the same ammo (un-clipped of course). And finally two boxes of 100 round each of the 9mm 115 grain Winchester Target ammo.

Please give your reviews, ideas, information and experiences with these calibers as well as any input on any situations experienced that may be of importance to me and all.

Jeet
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Watch where you point your weapon, look beyond and around the target and know what you are using as your ammo. A safe handler of guns is a respected handler of guns.

For Advertising mail webmaster
farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: MY COLLECTION OF AMMO

Post by farook » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:09 am

Do you have a pistol for 38 super jeet
Nothing has shaped the history more than a Gun

kshitij
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by kshitij » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:10 am

First of, i must say, lucky you brother! Awesome cache you have got there.

Secondly, at the cost of sounding stupid, i must say, we live in india and our most of our ammo shelves looks like this
20140903_192653.jpg
So no, unfortunately most of us will have no reviews, ideas, information or experiences to share with you buddy :P

Hope you share your experiences, put up some videos and leave us dreaming and drooling :cheers:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lock, Stock and Barrel.

Armed Defence
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Armed Defence » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:21 pm

@Jeet3, Good collection bro. I have only two of these cartridges at my home, 9mm and 12 gauge. 9mm is currently the most popular handgun cartridge in pakistan. Remington and Winchester 9mm bullets aren't widely used here, probably because of their high price. American Eagle is also considered expensive, so those looking for high quality 9mm ammo, including myself, prefer the Czech republic made Sellier and bellot 9mm bullets. As for 12 gauge, almost everybody here uses pakistan ordnance factories made cartridges. By the way, where do you live?
IMG_9966.JPG
IMG_9970.JPG

Jeet3
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Jeet3 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:52 pm

farook wrote:Do you have a pistol for 38 super jeet
Sorry Farook. I would not want to go below a 9mm as far as pistols are concerned. I would rather acquire a .38 revolver (and those revolvers are expensive yaar). I am planning on buy a box each of .32, .38, .44, .45 and other rifle ammo this winter season when I visit the local gun shows. There you can get such ammo for lesser price from some reputed sellers. Ammo prices have dropped quite a bit here in the USA. Last when I bought a box of 9mm Winchester it cost me around $20.00 at Walmart. This Sunday it was priced at $15.00 (50 rounds of course).

But my favorite gun is the Wildey .457 magnum. (Since I saw Charles Bronson using it in Death Wish III). Now that is what I call as power. You could shoot a satellite down with that yaar!
Watch where you point your weapon, look beyond and around the target and know what you are using as your ammo. A safe handler of guns is a respected handler of guns.

Jeet3
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Jeet3 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:00 pm

kshitij wrote:First of, i must say, lucky you brother! Awesome cache you have got there.

Secondly, at the cost of sounding stupid, i must say, we live in india and our most of our ammo shelves looks like this
20140903_192653.jpg
So no, unfortunately most of us will have no reviews, ideas, information or experiences to share with you buddy :P

Hope you share your experiences, put up some videos and leave us dreaming and drooling :cheers:
----------------------
Yeah right Kshitij. That is what the fight for bearing arms is all about my humble friend. I too am initially from Mumbai (Lokhandwala Complex yaar), and drooled on police holsters holding some pretty cool looking guns. But the problem there was that in order to apply for a license you had to go through so much trouble. One had better chances of taking a trip to the International Space Station than acquire a permit for a gun.

I mean, what difference does it make what cal ammo one has or fires? Is it like people in India are too vulnerable or violent that the government must have North Korean rules in regards to calibers and gun rights? Makes no sense does it Kshitij!

farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:02 pm

I have heard that the ammo available at walmart is of low quality as compared to the ones available else where, for the very same brand and make of-course. Guess this has something to do with walmart ordering it in huge bulk at a much lesser price.....any comments on this...

If you haven't shot a 38 super out of a 1911 then well you haven't seen it all. Try it with a wilson combat 5 inch barrels. Can you hire guns at ranges near you

Jeet3
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Jeet3 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:08 pm

Armed Defence wrote:@Jeet3, Good collection bro. I have only two of these cartridges at my home, 9mm and 12 gauge. 9mm is currently the most popular handgun cartridge in pakistan. Remington and Winchester 9mm bullets aren't widely used here, probably because of their high price. American Eagle is also considered expensive, so those looking for high quality 9mm ammo, including myself, prefer the Czech republic made Sellier and bellot 9mm bullets. As for 12 gauge, almost everybody here uses pakistan ordnance factories made cartridges. By the way, where do you live?
IMG_9966.JPG
IMG_9970.JPG
I live in Chicago Illinois AD.
The problem here with ammo is not exactly just quantity, but quality. One bad review and the company has to go back to the bench and re-design the whole concept. You can read some Guns & Ammo articles in reference to ammo and you will find how detailed the reviews are. I would never want my projectile to veer off more than 2" off any side. A gun made here called the High-Point C9 is made here but has a nasty reputation for off target holes. It costs less than 400 dollars, but no matter what quality ammo you use the bullet will be almost a foot to the left or right. The gun has no windage adjustment and therefore the problem. But some people still buy it. Prior to my Stoeger I was planning on buying this one because the Ruger P95 is nowhere to be found in the market.

Jeet3
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Jeet3 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:16 pm

farook wrote:I have heard that the ammo available at walmart is of low quality as compared to the ones available else where, for the very same brand and make of-course. Guess this has something to do with walmart ordering it in huge bulk at a much lesser price.....any comments on this...

If you haven't shot a 38 super out of a 1911 then well you haven't seen it all. Try it with a wilson combat 5 inch barrels. Can you hire guns at ranges near you
Frankly Farook, a box of Winchester XX ammo sold at Walmart won't be of lesser quality than a box of the same thing sold at Bass Pro or Cabelas. Just lower price. But of course Winchester or any other company won't make low quality ammo for Walmart and higher quality ammo for the rest of the higher end stores. Walmart happens to be an excellent deal for these companies because the more business they get the more reputation they establish. I am specifically a fan of Hornady, but then now we are talking about costs.

Wilson combat, yes sir, that is one make I am quite impressed with. But my dream gun is a Sprignfield. Even Kimber has some excellent products to offer.

farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:32 pm

I do realise this is going a bit OTT but you must try these out. I believe in 3.6 inches barrel lengths basically The Sentinals only the Super Sentinal is made and only in 38 super....

Jeet3
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Jeet3 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:47 pm

Do you have these Farook? Because if you do I am coming and robbing you of em bro! STI has a very good reputation as well. (http://www.stiguns.com/the-sti-sentinel-premier/) Also, are you in India or an NRI?

The Hornady ammo I was referring to is the Critical Defense ammo which you can check out here: http://www.hornady.com/store/critical_defense

The other one is from Federal Premium called the Hydra Shock. The best usage for the Hydra Shock ammo is that after filling up your, lets say a 15 round mag with 13 rounds, the Hydra Shock rounds can be used as the top two plus one in the chamber (if you have a safe gun with firing pin block etc.). This helps in preventing fatalities in self defense situations as the Hydra Shock does not really penetrate too deep. Instead it disables the intruder and punches him at the point of impact. The round has been recommended by the FBI as well and has been selling very good here. Here's the URL for more info: http://www.federalpremium.com/products/handgun.aspx

farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:25 pm

I very much an Indian, live in Bangalore, Karnataka. I did have my business of selling Indian art in phoenix, Arizona from 2004 to 2010. It was at first hit by the recession and later my partner who was running it died. Had to wind up and come down from dollar to rupee income.

I was however fortunate enough to be given a chance by my former neighbour an arms dealer in Bangalore to fiddle around with arms right from my childhood. Walther's, berettas, hk and webleys.

Have seen better days in life and now my business is struggling under the global economic depression.

That said if I to reopen a store in US I would certainly do it and buy all these guns. For any of that to happen the economy has to recover and fully. Does not look its going to happen soon. Until then would just continue using my Indian pistol.

Let me know if you can hire any of these at a range near you and post us the video of them In Action....

Jeet3
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Jeet3 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:45 pm

farook wrote:I very much an Indian, live in Bangalore, Karnataka. I did have my business of selling Indian art in phoenix, Arizona from 2004 to 2010. It was at first hit by the recession and later my partner who was running it died. Had to wind up and come down from dollar to rupee income.

I was however fortunate enough to be given a chance by my former neighbour an arms dealer in India to fiddle around with arms right from my childhood. Walther's. berettas hk and webleys.

Have seen better days in life and now my business is struggling under the global economic depression.

That said if I to reopen a store in US I would certainly do it and buy all these guns. For any of that to happen the economy has to recover and fully. Does not look its going to happen soon. Until then would just continue using my Indian pistol.

Let me know if you can hire any of these at a range near you and post us the video of them In Action....
MAY THE ALMIGHTY BLESS YOU IN ALL YOUR ENDEAVORS FAROOK. Nothing lasts forever. I too had been staying in shelters since 2008, the year I got laid off from work and never found anymore work at all. If I wrote the whole story it would take a lot of your time reading it and making you feel depressed and wanting to throw-up. So I will cap that subject here yaar.

I will be buying the above mentioned ammo in the first week of November and trying it at a local range. However, the Hydra Shock is the one I want to stock up on because I feel that human life is always too precious to be wasted. People of all kinds commit a lot of mistakes all the time and therefore can and must be forgiven. I believe that if one needs to kill a criminal, then that target should be the bad mind inside a human being, and not the human who has that bad mind. Humans can be healed and corrected. But a life once lost is forever lost. There is no turning back on that and that's for sure.

We have a law enforcement shop here locally and they have a small range. Training in all kinds of firearms and ammo usage is also provided by them. I used to train in archery in Houston Texas in the early 2000's and our trainers were usually police officers. Their knowledge in firearms etc. is so extensive Farook that you can sit down with them for weeks and listen to their in depth research and experiences non-stop.

Baljit
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Baljit » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:06 am

Wow!! just wondering if I post my ammo collections here, how the peoples going to response? :?

Baljit

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:30 am

Baljit, I'm sure they will say that you don't have enough! :-)

Maybe you should show a little bit of it!
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman