My Holsters and gun concealment gear... Let's see yours

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
captrakshitsharma
Shooting true
Shooting true

My Holsters and gun concealment gear... Let's see yours

Post by captrakshitsharma » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:13 am

A Gun enthusiast with age and experience once shared his wisdom with me (when I was looking for the perfect holster solution)"You will have to go through a few holsters before you settle down for a few". That meant there ain't a perfect holster for all your carry needs and you have to try and see what works for the scenario.I will share some holsters for my J frame snubby and give my reviews in this post. Hope you gents will find these holsters interesting and informative. I also would like to hear from you gents as well on what works for you and what sheaths your handguns.
Last edited by captrakshitsharma on Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
I dont dial 911... I dial .357

For Advertising mail webmaster
captrakshitsharma
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Holsters and gun concealment gear...

Post by captrakshitsharma » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:14 pm

The Sneaky Pete Holster. Delivered home in Gurgaon for 69 USD. Genuine high quality Leather ,construction quality is top class. The holster in an OWB ( outside waist band ) types concealed carry holster which is to give an appearance of a PDA/ Tablet case. Works well for a quick draw also, gun sits very well secured on a custom mould for your specific gun. Do note that this holster is sold for a Specific Gun Model /Manufacturer.
However as small as the JFrame is ,its cylinder is still bulky and this make it look odd (no it doesn't scream out "gun inside") and will attract attention as a big camera case. Suitable only if wearing a touristy attire and about you business as in a touristy place. May work well in a slim profile gun like a PPK , Beretta Tom Cat , Colt Mustang etc or a small .22 ,.25, .32. Definitely not recommended for a small revolver as the side profile is bulky and will look odd sitting on your belt however would pass off as a camera case .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:26 pm

Slightly fat people like me find it difficult to carry a gun in waist or for that matter even over the waist. This may be the perfect solution until we lose a little ( 20 kgs ) weight.

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/HIPS-Hide-I ... tinfo/648/

You may even want to check on camcorder bags to see if anything works for you....

Must mentioned here even when I manage to conceal my gun I somehow keep touching it as most of the time I am over conscious of it. Want to carry a gun but don't want to be called a gun guy.... :wink:
Nothing has shaped the history more than a Gun

captrakshitsharma
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by captrakshitsharma » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:03 am

Farouk have you actually tried it? All suggestions and inputs are welcome but I would prefer to hear about stuff people have used themselves. I will be posting only what I've bought and have tried and tested myself .

captrakshitsharma
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by captrakshitsharma » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:52 am

The Black Hawk Speed Classic Holster. It is a CLASSIC design adaptation of the famous Berns-Martin design . A light small Outside the waist band holster for a small handgun. It is a discreet design for concealed carry with heavy-duty construction and reliable retention. The holster is handmade using premium, wet-molded leather for durability and heavy-duty elastic for a secure fit. It also comes complete with a trailing belt loop to pull the revolver's grip in for a snug fit to the body.

It is one of my favourites and does a wonderful job of concealing your handgun if covered with an untucked Tshirt or a Jacket/Sport coat/ Suit is being worn. The only thing that could better it would be the convinience of a paddle holster which Galco makes , same holster design but replaced by a paddle instead of belt loops. Paddle holsters are easy to get on and off and can be used without belts. I however have not acquired the Galco Speed Paddle yet but do know for a fact that the paddle though offers a nice fit and comfort ,won't fit as snugly as the belt loops make this one fit . So this one may offer better concealment. I say this considering the fit I get with my Israeli made Fobus ABS plastic paddle holster. Which comes very close to this and I will post it also later.I like the Speed Classic more probably because I am a little old fashioned and like leather more than plastic.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:11 am

At this point of time I have two holsters, very similar only one has a metal clip to go on my belt the other has a fixed leather loop. I use the clip one more often as its easier to remove without having to take off my waist belt. I would be buying this pouch type very shortly along with a few in soft leather. I believe the ones made for a Walter PP are perfect fit for Indian made Ashani pistol. As your friend said you have to buy a couple of them to see what works for you.

A brief look at the range

My favourite brands

http://www.safariland.com/holster-finder

http://www.blackhawk.com/catalog/Holsters,16.htm

captrakshitsharma
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by captrakshitsharma » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:38 am

Like I said please show what you have and write a brief review about them. Folks lets see what else we have on this forum.

farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: My Holsters and gun concealment gear... Let's see yours

Post by farook » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:48 am

Got these two holsters right outside the GSF at cossipore when I was there to collect my pistol.

[photobucketvideo]Image[/photobucketvideo]

captrakshitsharma
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by captrakshitsharma » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:06 pm

Tom Collins was a cocktail I knew last. Nice leather.. Great marketing idea to get customers at the source..

farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:42 pm

Tom Collins I believe is a Delhi based company that makes holsters and lots of leather stuff. Anyone has more info on this....

Still waiting for safariland to make some good ones for Walther PP. They are a perfect fit for ashani....

Jeet3
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Jeet3 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:19 pm

Here's one I found on
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/133610 ... uctFinding

May be this one will help with the Walther. --- Walther....Carl Walther!

Anyway, here's a picture of it too:
291167.jpg
Comes in two colors and is priced at $51.99 + tax.

Jeet

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:57 am

Rakshit, all of my handgun stuff is locked up in storage, as I brought no handguns to NJ. So, I can't take pics of them for you. However, I have a generic S&W holster with hammer thumb strap and a belt with ammo loops that I use for my Ruger Blackhawk in .45 LC. I also have a nicely tooled belt and holster for this gun that my older Son got for me in Mexico. Also for the Ruger, I have one of these Hunter shoulder rigs that looks similar to this one:

Mine is all leather, including the strap that goes behind the back of the neck and the loop that goes around the belt on the left side. These are held together by a snap on mine. Also, the Ruger is held in the holster only by a very stiff spring that grasps the cylinder. A firm pull will get the revolver out. I had this when the Ruger was my only handgun and I packed it all the time in those days. Hunter was the most often found manufacturer of leather gunware out West in those days and I see they are still in business. I have a few of their military slings with brass frogs, which are heavy but work quite nicely.

I have one of these Galco Horsehide holsters that I use for my CZ70. We tried a bunch of them and found one that works perfectly, but I can't recall what the holster is really meant for:

For my 1911 Series 70, I have one of these:

that is very old and brown. I have no idea how old it is. I also have a Bianchi for the 1911, like the one on the right hand side of this page:

The CZ 52 has the holster that came with it, like this:

but mine looks a lot nicer than this one. I also bought one of these things for the CZ 52 that's a little more practical:

where "little" is the operative word.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:20 am

Most of my carry holsters are inside the waistband but I do have a few OWB holsters too.

Custom IWB holster for my Tanfoglio by Sideguard Holsters

Cutom IWB holster for my SIG by Sideguard Holsters

A CZ P06 in an outside the waistband holster with a mag carrier by Sideguard Holsters

A pocket holster for a Ruger LC9

All the Sideguard stuff is very comfortable and once broken in, you tend to forget that you have it on. The custom holsters fit like nothing else and the leather is incredibly heavy and stiff so retention is excellent. The OWB's, I wear in the winter when I have a coat on. The pocket holsters works in everything but tight jeans (and at my age I don't have many pairs of those :)). They are especially unnoticeable in pleated dress pants.

The IWB holsters conceal very well under a Tshirt or a Polo shirt.
They are also easy to access and use. This is the SIG holster shown above.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

Rajat
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Rajat » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:36 am

Travelling at the moment but here are mine:

The Images are borrowed from some websites.

In addition to the above I use a small sling bag by Victorinox.

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:34 am

You have some nice stuff, guys.

Here is what a tuckable IWB holster looks like with the shirt tucked in and then pulled back to get at the gun.

ImageImage
A well made holster will pull the butt of the gun tight, in towards the body.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941